• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol i remember yu commenting in some blog about speeding

condoning ppl driving like 120 on the freeway cuz its apparently completely safe
son

do you even drive

if your not an idoit and the roads are straight you can handle 120

if your car is made for it you can handle 155 or more

its definitely safe

as long as your not a ******

i did 116 in my old 07 civic going completely straight

felt like i was doing 70

and i would have gone more but the engine wouldnt give anymore, poor thing

lrn2driveplz

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
^ safety fail.

yo hax's spacing is like perfect. that's how you should play falcon. be utterly scared to death of your opponent.

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's not safe you ****ing ******

it's only safe in certain situations which you can't always (or ever) predict

yes the vast majority of the time absolutely nothing is going to happen

but if something ever does happen the results are catastrophic

that said, i disagree with everything that traffic laws stand for and i believe that traffic cops are glorified tax collectors

f-zero
JPOBS
pc blowna

KNOW YOUR ROLE
SHUT YOUR MOUTH

otg

Smash Master
it's not safe you ****ing ******

it's only safe in certain situations which you can't always (or ever) predict

yes the vast majority of the time absolutely nothing is going to happen

but if something ever does happen the results are catastrophic

that said, i disagree with everything that traffic laws stand for and i believe that traffic cops are glorified tax collectors

f-zero
JPOBS
pc blowna

KNOW YOUR ROLE
SHUT YOUR MOUTH
scar

go learn how to drive

then come talk to me

highway race $100

- pc jona nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkka

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
why would you highway race for less money than could even pay off a minor speeding ticket

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
because he wouldnt do it for more

son i used to race for my uncle $500 a race

highway at around this time

94 300zx twin turbo

i-95 whats good

that same car was gonna be mine if i traded it for my jeep

but his son/my cousin wanted it

its cool tho

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'm probably the best driver in the entire global smash community.
Literally and no exaggeration.

And to WD the way he did, you don't need to do it OOS
You get jabbed, WD back, the next jab is CCd. To get distance like that, you WD.
Escape>counter>profit

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you dont know how much i miss mine :[

2 or 4 door?

2 door sucks imo

then again, i usually drive with ppl

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
2 door. the 4 door does have better weight distribution but the 2 door is just sexier.

the fastest i ever went was 131mph i think. i'm not sure how fast it would go without a governor. when i was braking before the light and got to 70mph it felt so slow.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
when the car says 131 its like 115-116

the speedo is way off at high speeds

it reads off rpms instead of actual mph

it doesnt take into consideration wind resistance cuz it cant read it

but yea lol after going mad quick then driving through town its so slow hahaha

i loved my 4 door... so new and clean...ugh

2 door is sexier, especially in black

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
ah, wasn't aware of that.

my civic is a 2-door black actually haha.

gg7's been driving a beat up minivan with captain falcon taped onto his bumper, he's doing the running pose which i think the one in your avatar is actually doing.

is dthrow>ftilt when they DI in any good at the edge?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol i knew u were gonna say urs is black

haha gg7's minivan

i need to see a picture man haha

dthrow>gentleman is better when they di in

more knockback and i think you might be able to run off and upair and eat their jump

not sure

legion598

Smash Ace
SCENARIO: I gentleman someone as quickly and as gentlemanly as possible. they CC, should they be able to shield before the third hit comes out? or grab for that matter

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, they shouldn't. If you do the fastest gentleman you can do it would be too fast. You will get punished by most characters for getting CC anyways.

mers

Smash Ace
Does ftilt ever actually combo into knee? Like inescapably? I'm sure it requires wack DI, but sometimes I ftilt and they're at that perfect spot for a knee, and I always hit them, but then I wonder whether they just sucked at escaping.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dthrow ftilt is better than dthrow gentleman because people can SDI out of your gentleman (and fastfallers will often just fall out of the third hit automatically on the edge)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
“A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices that the system works.” --Bill Vaughn

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
It's people who **** up good systems and it's people who make a ****ed up systems.

The system works sure, that doesn't mean it's not ****ed up and that people aren't ****ing it up.
That goes for nearly every system from the educational system to a systematic Falco player.
They're ****ed up and won't do any good. They'll poorly educate and waste time, or try to combo and get kneed.

GG life, re

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
dthrow ftilt is better than dthrow gentleman because people can SDI out of your gentleman (and fastfallers will often just fall out of the third hit automatically on the edge)
thats defintiely wrong

they can grab the edge off the low ftilt

out of the gentleman if they sdi away theyre gonna fall away

were talking about like a dropzone grab

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
im not kidding

they cant di so far to get away from the gentleman and still grab the edge

think

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
PHIL YOU OWE ME $10

NO JOHNS

son.

one of the ******* there kicked me out of the chat

so i left.

screw WC

except that jiggs

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
ah, wasn't aware of that.

my civic is a 2-door black actually haha.

gg7's been driving a beat up minivan with captain falcon taped onto his bumper, he's doing the running pose which i think the one in your avatar is actually doing.

is dthrow>ftilt when they DI in any good at the edge?
that beatup minivan broke down over a month ago and you know it!

i miss the falcon though :(

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
There should be stickers on cars that say "Trusted Driver" or "Untrusted Driver" and speed limits should only apply to the latter. It would've saved me a speeding ticket and a court date for going 22 over in a rural area with absolutely no cars around T_T The cops clearly don't understand that I main Captain Falcon and I might just have to bring that to the judge's attention.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong for gentlemen?

I tried this: tap a 2x, wait, hold A and he still keeps on jabbing. I've tried A, Z, A, Z, and he still keeps on jabbing. The only time I've actually done it is A, A, A hold and I pressed down on the stick to cancel. It works sometimes, but it's inconsistent.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hit A twice as fast as you can, then pause for a slight bit, then press A for a third time and hold it until the animation of the gentleman ends. If you don't wait until the animation ends, the rapid punches will come out. I actually use two variations of gentleman, one being the first one I described for more offensive purposes and then I do the two fast A presses again then pause and hit A + Z for defensive purposes. Just practice against a player-less controller for a long period of time and then once you get it down, start running around doing SHFFL'ing aerials into gentleman to get the timing down, and then try to incorporate it into games against people, even if it's not for the right purpose. This helps you because you have pressure on you now, like a match usually provides, of course =P

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Does ftilt ever actually combo into knee? Like inescapably? I'm sure it requires wack DI, but sometimes I ftilt and they're at that perfect spot for a knee, and I always hit them, but then I wonder whether they just sucked at escaping.
my friend brookman told me (and performed on me) that you can (at higher percent like high 50/60 area) you can angle down ftilt into knee.

mers

Smash Ace
I do it without any pausing at all. Just press A then hold down on the control stick quickly while you press A twice again. On the last press, hold A and down until Falcon retracts his fists completely.

I think that you have to hit with one of the first two jabs for this to work.

D

Deleted member

i wasnt really asking "how good is vanz"

i was more showing you guys that vanz seems to have stumbled onto a peach technique thats makes basically makes aerial->gentleman obsolete
so now your "sheil pressure" game even worst vs peach.
if u watch the rest of the match, he clearly suddenly has an epiphany and tries to do it pretty much everytime thereafter, with varying success.

once vanz perfects this technique (i.e. not accidentally dthrowing, or fsmashing), falcon is gonna be in more trouble in a matchup he supposedly wins.

whatever, this thread is trash anyway
people who don't suck weiners won't gentlemen retardedly against ANy decent player/character

Top Bottom