• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So while we're snowed in(the Midwest), rate this vidja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xnCrLXfd4

I'd say I just simply gave away center stage control, but maybe you can scrounge some other loopholes in my gameplay ;P? It's kind of an older video so I'm not playing exactly how I am now, but it's pretty simliar. Critiques would be appreciated =) May upload some matches vs. Little England's Falco if I can get them Juggleguy.

Scar

#HarveyDent
gooey

i commented on your vid

this is what i said

sup gooey, just wanted to add my two cents to match 1

the most glaring error that i noticed in your play is the lack of attempting to space nairs properly

you hit with a good number of nairs, but you'll notice that you hit with the first weak hit of the nair and then miss with the important hit

this leads to your whole approach being sort of weird, you start all your combos with knee or grab. nair will help you a lot if you learn how to use it

watch more SS and hax, and me to a lesser extent

pooopy

Smash Rookie
Kage told me he wasn't... ****er...
kage is pretty dum i guess

i spam nairs vs fox and in matchups where i don't know what to do (like hbox)

or vs new opponents and I don't have a good read yet

im beginning to not use them though

and sorry etwist i did not know the potency of canadian whisky loool

isai = best b-air
me = best n-air
scar= best knee
hax= best stomps

Mizar

Smash Ace
kage is pretty dum i guess

i spam nairs vs fox and in matchups where i don't know what to do (like hbox)

or vs new opponents and i don't have a good read yet

im beginning to not use them though

and sorry etwist i did not know the potency of canadian whisky loool

isai = best b-air
me = best n-air
scar= best knee
hax= best stomps
darkrain where u at
Machdash = best taunts btw.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh wow, ok thanks Scar, I'll definitely take that into mind because after reading your comment and then rewatching my vids, I definitely do fudge up the nairs alot!

If you guys are under like 5 ft of snow right now much like most of the Midwest, take a gander at these two, more recent vids(and Scar, if you can, try to find something minus my nair spacing that I might be able to work on....it'd rule =D):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZUjA3MV34 - The closest set I've had with someone who's actually good with Falco IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTSpFIiwI8 - Pardon my first Falcon ditto, made up for it in the second match. 3rd match vs. Peach...ugh...not too familiar with the matchup so I ate dsmash a lot =/

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i never would've thought that ****ing clip would bring this.

i almost didnt cut it out. i knew it was funny, but i didnt make note of it when it happened. i just remembered it later that night when i went home and cut up the vid.

lolol.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Watch SS for movement and recovery, watch Hax for techchasing and edguarding, watch Scar for combos, and watch Darkrain for everything.

Best knee will always go to Darkrain, SS is the current best Falcon (and has been for a long while) with Hax close behind.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Darkrain . Guy is freaking ridiculous. I've never seen a Falcon **** so hard due to sheer aggressiveness.

The only Falcon that I think is as good (if not better) is Hax. Hax is just unbelievably precise with him.

Smooth Criminal

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
have you guys seen the techchasing stuff magus did in the ganon forums?

we need an AR savvy falcon player, that stuff is amazing. i think it applies a little less for falcon, due to DI affecting throw trajectory a little more, but im sure some cool knowledge could be discovered

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
have you guys seen the techchasing stuff magus did in the ganon forums?

we need an AR savvy falcon player, that stuff is amazing. i think it applies a little less for falcon, due to DI affecting throw trajectory a little more, but im sure some cool knowledge could be discovered
^this.

i don't even play ganon at all, and when i saw that post i probably spent over a half an hour looking at all the possibilities just cuz it was so cool.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
just go to the ganon forums and look at the techchasing fastfallers thread, its stickied i think

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** JUST GOT REAL.

1000+ pages and we're gonna let people talk down to the patrons of this great landmark thread?

It's time to take a look at ourselves, fellow Falcon mains. Do we want to be known as spammers? Do we want to stay where we are? Or is it time to make a change?

DID **** JUST GET REAL? Yes it did, I submit to you.

Spammers be warned, this thread has just turned around. Time for some serious discussion.

I notice that a bunch of you young dreamers are playing Falcon the way Scar plays Falcon -- no brains, all brawn. Finesse occurs once you hit the other guy, then punish the hell out of him. Falcon as far as we're concerned is a glass cannon -- get hit and die. Until then, we're trying to break through your defense.

I started playing Marth recently -- he sucks if you play him that way. You need to keep moving and play like Isai -- don't get hit. If we can figure out how to combine not getting hit and combo like champions, THEN what's really in our way??

Let's start talking about how to keep moving, even when it seems like other characters can limit our mobility. Sheik's stupid tilts? Samus's crouch canceling + tilts + fsmash/dsmash mixups? Falco's lasers?

Make that change. J'mon.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Thanks Kage. With ##### right around the corner, it's the perfect time to shake things up.

Kage what do you do with Ganon to get inside Sheik's tilts? It makes sense that Falcon should have an easier time, but Sheik can't CC Ganon's aerials as well. A sheik like KK doesn't really fall for baiting out ftilts and he doesn't get in the air like a moron, which are my main 2 approaches vs that char.

Once we land the grab -- THERE GOES YA STOCK SON

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thanks Kage. With ##### right around the corner, it's the perfect time to shake things up.

Kage what do you do with Ganon to get inside Sheik's tilts? It makes sense that Falcon should have an easier time, but Sheik can't CC Ganon's aerials as well. A sheik like KK doesn't really fall for baiting out ftilts and he doesn't get in the air like a moron, which are my main 2 approaches vs that char.

Once we land the grab -- THERE GOES YA STOCK SON
Well I think Sheik's uses tilt on Ganon for combos mainly, because if they use it on the ground then they are open for my own tilts which goes further or I could aerial them instead. Most important part of this matchup is definitely do not approach carelessly because if you do then you will get grabbed and comboed to hell. It's just basically like sure I can get a lot of single hits off Sheik but if Sheik gets hits on me then I'm more ****ed than she is in general. The spacing battle is definitely Ganon advantage but goddamn those combos haha.

Also, approaching Sheik is definitely tricky, you have to be good at mixups. And also learning your tilts max range is very useful as well for spacing and aerials too.. so Sheik is forced to shield. Find ways to make Sheik shield and space, Sheik's OOS game is not great.

Scar

#HarveyDent
So the MU is basically totally different. I can't really think of anything Falcon can do to outspace Sheik's tilts, running in and grabbing isn't really my specialty but I'm not sure if you have time to even do that between ftilts.

Top Bottom