• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
jugfingers:

we dont care what you have to say.

you're the 9001'st person to make that exact same post in this thread. your wisdom wont somehow change the mindset of forum trolls. please find the nearest exit.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Amsah is not "REALLY bad" at the falcon matchup, he was on haxs last stock every match, and hax is undoubtedly the best falcon against sheik. Even m2k has trouble against hax and his sheik is probably the best against falcon. Amsah would probably beat any other falcon player except maybe darkrain. He's not THAT bad against falcon lol, he could use more experience though.

D

Deleted member

Amsah is super solid and his great fundamentals kept him close

but doesn't play the matchup really

never plays abusive

out of the shieks i played at pound 5, plank, tope, kirbykaze, amsah

i'd say amsah was the easiest

he's extremely solid though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I was probably next easiest 'cuz I suck.

sup s2j? when we gonna play again? :bee:

Also Amsah sucks vs Falcon. I explained stuff to him, but he still probably sucks at it though 'cuz Falcon's annoying to learn. And some of the stuff that I do only works in NTSC because Sheik is fabulous in NTSC and boring in PAL.

Mostly Amsah didn't use his duck enough or his D-tilt. Or block > WD OOS. I dunno. Sheik Falcon is boring.

Jumping is bad.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm i namesearched and i was mentioned mad times in this thread, pretty ****

u guys shoulda seen my set with scar

it was priy gud.

scar likes to run away. i noticed this with m2k too. jman was solid.

dat east coast

wc rushes down so hard in comparsion unless ur name is fly amanita, our only true camper

get @ pokemon black/white

fly_amanita's pc

Mokumo

Smash Ace
dude i would come to your house.

cool thing about PAL is that you can be annoying by doing the gentleman on someone's shield over and over again, just AAA crouch AAA crouch really easy.

Windrose

Smash Lord
dude i would come to your house.

cool thing about PAL is that you can be annoying by doing the gentleman on someone's shield over and over again, just AAA crouch AAA crouch really easy.
creating bad habits for when you return to NTSC eh?

Mokumo

Smash Ace
creating bad habits for when you return to NTSC eh?
haha i'm well on my way xD i think i'll only be playing here once a month or so. i think falcon is better in PAL, not just because of the easier gentleman but because of the marth, falco, and sheik nerfs. the knee definitely works differently too, like a different trajectory or something. it's harder to get double knees and stuff.

and there's no extenderrrrrrrrrrr in PAL =(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i thought the same thing as soon as i saw the CP

but in his defense, he was doing pretty well, he just caught 3(i think, maybe only 2) auto-falco-combos near the edge that ended in a dair spike.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So does fulljump kneeing the farthest dude in teams on FD work on good teams
It works for me a lot for no apparent reason
I'm sure my Falcon looks absolutely ******** in teams when I do it haha

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
so i went to a smashfest in ROMA and played the italian smashers. very fun! i got 4th place in the bracket which was cool
Good **** mokumo

how long are you staying?

also shoutouts to thumbs for making me finally realize what to do vs fox after watching ONE match.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Good **** mokumo

how long are you staying?

also shoutouts to thumbs for making me finally realize what to do vs fox after watching ONE match.
i'm studying abroad for the semester so I fly back to Boston around May 15. There's gonna be a couple more smashfests by the time I leave so maybe I can beat aldwyn by then.

=D

Windrose

Smash Lord
i'm studying abroad for the semester so I fly back to Boston around May 15. There's gonna be a couple more smashfests by the time I leave so maybe I can beat aldwyn by then.

=D
do you go to Harvard? :O!!!!!!!!!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
He banned stadium against me like a ***** cause I **** the **** out of spacies there, I banned Yoshi's cause he went Marth originally and didn't want to give him an easy win. I already won on both BF and DL so FD was all that was left. I didn't realize until later that I won on DL the second game, which was like 2 games before so I think there's soem rule that lets me go back there as long as I didn't just win there or something.

I suck major balls anyway. I had the read and the easiest double knee for the win and I stood there like always doing nothing because I was nervous. Next time I'm going to run off every ****ing stock. EVERY ****ING STOCK

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i take falcos to fd when they ban dreamland and first match was bf, but its true that some falcos do better there than on plat stages, just gotta try to read what type they play

Palpi

Smash Hero
I used to prefer FD as falcon vs falco, but I lately I have preferred platform stages greatly. I have been doing lots of quick wavelands on the plats then FF late u-airs through the plats alot...they are fun :)

Windrose

Smash Lord
He banned stadium against me like a ***** cause I **** the **** out of spacies there, I banned Yoshi's cause he went Marth originally and didn't want to give him an easy win. I already won on both BF and DL so FD was all that was left. I didn't realize until later that I won on DL the second game, which was like 2 games before so I think there's soem rule that lets me go back there as long as I didn't just win there or something.
Take him on a cruise! Or Kongo Jungle? :S (brinstar?)

D

Deleted member

I suck major balls anyway. I had the read and the easiest double knee for the win and I stood there like always doing nothing because I was nervous. Next time I'm going to run off every ****ing stock. EVERY ****ING STOCK
i'd say 75% of close games i've lost are cause i didn't go for it

the other 25% is cuz i went for it

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I watched the end of that video a hundred times, the run off knee would have connected and killed him most likely. Unless I was incredibly stupid and ran off too much to kill myself. You know it's odd, I don't go for the run off knees so much cause I'm scared, but whenever I do go for them I rarely kill myself. I hate the way I play this game

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Never hesitate on the punish because if you do you will get punished!! Hopefully you can drill yourself to punish everything without a 2nd thought. =P I realized myself that in tournament I sometimes revert to an old playstyle because I'm also scared when I have already practiced many new things in friendlies.. You just need to play the opponent I suppose and that's it.

Top Bottom