• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
jackpot is right. light shield depletes more from getting hit, but less from just being held for a certain amount of time. also don't think you can power shield with a light shield.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
dudes.

Rolling
is
actually
f*cking
good.

Rolling with c-stick is the best. Use it.

Seriously you have no other options against a perfect presurring falco or fox. Nair or up B are both to slow oos. Im talking about **** players like zgetto or remen.

D

Deleted member

rolling is extremely ****

only guy who punishes me on REACTION is mango because he has the longest wavedashes i've seen with falco

Walt

Smash Ace
Yeah rolling is hella good, you just gotta do it on reaction to a laggy thing or in the opposite direction of a waveshine. And no one expects the super scruby double roll away which is good to throw in every once in a while.

WD OoS is also super awesome, did a really nice surprise WD OoS Gentlemen last night when I was in my shield at the edge against Marth just standing there doing nothing. Usually it's more defensive but it was just really cool.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
okay, rolling is good. spotdodging is bad. especially with falcon. spacies get away with it all the time but i think if you play perfectly you never spotdodge. Elen used to say that all the time, who said kdj said that all the time

0Room

Smash Lord
Oh my god
Spot dodge
I ****ing hate you

Sometimes when I miss the jump to stomp
I do a spot dodge
and it's soooooooooooooooo bad.

Sheik grabs
spot dodge
sheik grabs again

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Dude Dragonball Z man
SO MUCH FILLERRRRRRRRR
I rewatched GW and was reminded of how much politics there was in that show
Kenshin's always good, so is Trigun
Never saw Wolf's Rain but I heard it was good, pokemon is eh

Trying to rewatch old shows is either really good or really bad.
I rewatched all of Cowboy Bebop and that was good
I tried to rewatch Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star and that was not as good
haha when your a kid growing up in the 90s and your only access to anime is saturday morning cartoons or toonami or something, "filler" doesn't mean anything to you lol. Filler only bothers people who are used to having access to anime anytime they want it via the internet lol but ya DBZ is loaded, i couldnt watch it these days.

I never finished Bebop. i got to like episode 18 and i just cant be bothered to finished. the lack of storyline to tie in the episodes really makes me not care. its amazing from an artistic perspective tho.

hoyl crap forgot about tenchi, haven't heard about that in forever sooo goood back in the day

edit: oops. lmao apperently im some 40+ posts late. *shrugs* sorry, my bad scar dizzziy

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
im gonna start doing that when they shield on platforms at like 90%+

kage I never see you do it, you should ganon's up-b is sex lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
im gonna start doing that when they shield on platforms at like 90%+

kage I never see you do it, you should ganon's up-b is sex lol
Haha it's definitely not in my movement choice but perhaps it could be good in certain situations. It seems like the UP B punish rising attack works but not upair.. kinda cool. I should powershield into Up B rofl, that would be funny. My new style involves LOTS of powershield.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
reverse up b oos *****

as fast as bair oos (fastest way for falcon to hit behind his shield @ 14 frames) and has more range

only downside is that you lose your jump if they hit you out of it but you would ideally only be using it in situations where you're below 40% and they're at mid-high percents

@kage: up b oos is ganons fastest oos attack save grab i believe so there's no reason for you not to implement it :)

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
reverse up b oos *****

as fast as bair oos (fastest way for falcon to hit behind his shield @ 14 frames) and has more range

only downside is that you lose your jump if they hit you out of it but you would ideally only be using it in situations where you're below 40% and they're at mid-high percents

@kage: up b oos is ganons fastest oos attack save grab i believe so there's no reason for you not to implement it :)
I bair oos alot in vs falco when he laser laser => Dash attack me.
reason being cus his dash attack usually puts him past my shield (behind me) and my bair oos beats his utilt

D

Deleted member

haha that was so sick

i land some **** combos too in between my n-airing but of course never recorded = P

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol Jeapie, so mean.

Do you want that man to stop playing Smash?

edit:
why do you do so many Falcon Kicks? I know you play PAL, but I seriously doubt it's substantially better than NTSC.

Top Bottom