• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is it good to be throwing out moves more most of the time or to be dash dancing?

What happened to SS :(?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lucien had a lot of promise, people disagreed on whether he was actually good or nobody knows how to fight Shieks (this is 100% true) but I truly believe he has the potential to become a Melee Great. I think School happened which is why he stopped
lol there really aren't any sheiks on WC huh?

Walt

Smash Ace
wait

what happened to SS, lucien, and pewpewu
Uh SS I think has school and just doesn't seem to be very motivated to go to tournaments fathered away than the city he lives in.

Lucien has school and kinda quit to play SC2 then quit that to like, paint or something. I've heard he's still down to go to smashfests but I've never seen him at one. I personally think Lucien is a ****ing boss. But I'm somewhat biased cause when I started playing again last semester around august/september he trained me up from not being able to wavedash to making him use real characters in about a month so I look up to him a lot. He's really really good at reading people and seeing where you are lacking and exploiting it/beating that flaw out of you. I think if he still played all of NorCal would be better just because of how well he teaches people.

I don't know pewpewu at all, I've like, never talked to him. Ask SFAT he should know.

0Room

Smash Lord
Is it good to be throwing out moves more most of the time or to be dash dancing?
Lol talk about one of the most subjective questions of this game

As a general rule DD is better. Falcon's priority kind of sucks, so unless you know you're going to hit/continue a combo, DD is better for mindgames and approaches.
For spacing though, nair is really good.
just not against Falco.
He'll just fsmash the **** out of your toes.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL, I just had the image of Ippo staring down the opponent.. and then the pressure is too much for the opponent to handle. Shaking and sweating.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
dunno, they kinda randomly disappeared

SS is SS

Lucien had a lot of promise, people disagreed on whether he was actually good or nobody knows how to fight Shieks (this is 100% true) but I truly believe he has the potential to become a Melee Great. I think School happened which is why he stopped

Pewpewu was going to become the next Mango and then got pwnd and disappeared
doesnt know how to fight ****ing sheiks of all characters? cali must be ***

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Umm...what
How is Fsmash the thing you're worried about ...
well
at least if you like nair itll trade with falcos dair/nair or whatever the hell he uses to approach between lasering
if you nair him and he fsmashes itll just go right through and youll probably proceed to get edgeguarded o_o

Windrose

Smash Lord
Do you guys think learning to power shield consistently as falcon is something useful to spend time or is powershielding lasers not important as falcon as there are better ways to deal with lasers?

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
i dont think relying on powershielding is good, the timing is hard and of course there's other ways to get around them

like m2k practiced powershielding vs falco's at pound 5 for like 2 hours cause he thought that's how we would beat PP, so when they played in tourny he got bodied for only trying to powershield

**** powershield

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Power sheilding is great, but you cant rely on it because falco has infinite ****ing bullets. So what if you powershield a laser, hes gonna pewpew more.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was born with the power of Melee in my blood. I am 17 Melee Years Old.

0Room

Smash Lord
Isn't Hax pretty young too?
And wenbo, I picked the Fsmash because it's something that I know will pretty much cleanly smack you in the face.
And then edgeguard you.
And that sucks.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Not sure how a properly spaced Falco Nair / Dair doesn't eat your Nair better than Fsmash ... whatevz ~_~

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
all things considered, youre probably right, but in terms of my playing falcon against falco, im voting for bair

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
all things considered, youre probably right, but in terms of my playing falcon against falco, im voting for bair
actually yeah scratch what I said earlier. Bair is really good against falco it trades with alot of stuff, also when they nair/dash attack your shield you can sometimes bair oos if your fast enough.

Top Bottom