• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
mana lords 5 techniques to getting better in melee:

believe in yourself

never give up

you must recover

use attacks
Wow wow, don't think you can get away with this one. The warrior sees all!

Warrior Spirit: No matter who you face, respect them but crush them anyways! Believe that you can create miracles. lol =P

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Yo Scar

I pulled off my first Quad knee today =D

I just thought I would thank you because of your thread and stuff......

i'm hoping at my first melee tournament next week I can rep Falcon hard and make you proud :)

All for Falcon!!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wow these Jiggs ****** tournaments... another Jiggs win.. Jiggs needs to be higher definitely. That's like the 3rd win I hear in a period of just maybe 2 months. Hbox also got 2nd, he lost to Darkrain at Tipped Off 4. Like wow... And I saw Mango beat SS in grand finals yesterday but he did not go puff, he went fox mostly I think.

It was funny because I asked in the chat and the commentators: What would happen if I would face SS? And then the WC guys were trashtalking me and stuff, it was hilarious. Like SS would **** you 3-0. What the WC don't know is my experience against Falcon, you know that bad feeling you get when you choose falcon vs me? I'm sure many of you know. I'll show them that flashy stuff don't work vs me!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah god ****it kage. He def knows the falcon matchup very well. I learned that a lot of falcons move trade poorly with ganon >_< nair trades with ganons fair LOL not a fair trade (pun) at all LOL

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah god ****it kage. He def knows the falcon matchup very well. I learned that a lot of falcons move trade poorly with ganon >_< nair trades with ganons fair LOL not a fair trade (pun) at all LOL
It does? Well i guess it depends of the spacing. This matchup I think heavily depends of the spacing of each player. Because I know Backair beats Nair for sure lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It does? Well i guess it depends of the spacing. This matchup I think heavily depends of the spacing of each player. Because I know Backair beats Nair for sure lol.
I remember when we were playing the first hit of my nair was trading with fair and I was getting depressed xD

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
Wow these Jiggs ****** tournaments... another Jiggs win.. Jiggs needs to be higher definitely. That's like the 3rd win I hear in a period of just maybe 2 months. Hbox also got 2nd, he lost to Darkrain at Tipped Off 4. Like wow... And I saw Mango beat SS in grand finals yesterday but he did not go puff, he went fox mostly I think.

It was funny because I asked in the chat and the commentators: What would happen if I would face SS? And then the WC guys were trashtalking me and stuff, it was hilarious. Like SS would **** you 3-0. What the WC don't know is my experience against Falcon, you know that bad feeling you get when you choose falcon vs me? I'm sure many of you know. I'll show them that flashy stuff don't work vs me!
mango mosty went falcon (dittos) in grand finals. He only went fox for the first game then everyone was saying how SS combos better and mango couldnt hang with SS in falcon dittos. so he decided to prove everyone wrong :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
mango mosty went falcon (dittos) in grand finals. He only went fox for the first game then everyone was saying how SS combos better and mango couldnt hang with SS in falcon dittos. so he decided to prove everyone wrong :(
I'm pretty sure I saw the grand finals LIVE, and he 6-0 SS with only Fox.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
can anyone help me land 2 n-airs in a row i always seem to overshoot the secong n-air or i accident n-air in place. also after a n-air or u-air after the l-cancel falcon just wont run is it because im trying to run to quickly after the l-cancel. i am still practicing but this info would help alot thanks

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
can anyone help me land 2 n-airs in a row i always seem to overshoot the secong n-air or i accident n-air in place. also after a n-air or u-air after the l-cancel falcon just wont run is it because im trying to run to quickly after the l-cancel. i am still practicing but this info would help alot thanks
to not over shoot it try neutralising the stick as you're jumping. that or tilt it very slightly

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
tips against marth? most of my approaches get tilted. maybe because of my opponents bad DI, im able to use a (pseudo) chain grab on him, but other than that, i dont feel to advantageous in this match up.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
tips against marth? most of my approaches get tilted. maybe because of my opponents bad DI, im able to use a (pseudo) chain grab on him, but other than that, i dont feel to advantageous in this match up.
dthrow is a real chaingrab at low percents on marth, I don't know the exact ending point, but I've never been successful
(I may just be too slow, or possible in vise-versa and my opponents have been too slow and my chaingrab worked longer than it should have)
past 18%.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
wait to watch DI and continue to grab or do any other good move (uair and nair for speed knee if right percent and u have time)

marth is easy to beat no jokez falcons only good matchup out of the ppl above him (unless peach is above him thesedays)

Scar

#HarveyDent
marth is easy to beat no jokez falcons only good matchup out of the ppl above him (unless peach is above him thesedays)
it's a playstyle issue and the matchup is no better than 60/40 regardless, it's not easy it's just not as hard as fox/falco/sheik

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it's a playstyle issue and the matchup is no better than 60/40 regardless, it's not easy it's just not as hard as fox/falco/sheik
Ya playstyles with Falcon makes a HUGE difference.. I've noticed you did really well vs Vwins (Peach). I'm sure other falcons have character specialization like spacies and stuff.

j00t

Smash Champion
Hmm, I pretty much agree with the playstyle comments. I really <3 fighting against Fox, but I am horrible in Falcon dittos and Sheik is just gay. Falco is okay.

Top Bottom