• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yo, Arturo's Sim is the ****.

If you hate patients, play Viper like me. >_> Or Abel, Cammy, Bison, Fuerte, Dudley, Makoto, Rufus, Yun, or any other RTSD characters.

Seriously, not every character is zoning or footsie characters.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can't play SF, that level of patience is just unacceptable. Guilty Gear though, stuff is exploding all over the place and when you take damage you should lose like 50% of your health. EXCITING!
Ya but games last at most 1:30 min while a melee match can last up to 4:00.. I don't really understand your logic. Sure you have to weave back and forth adjusting your positioning all the time but it's basically the same in melee. I think the level of patience in melee needed is greater than SF4.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not why Melee takes longer. It takes longer because we have four stocks.

You could say the same thing about ST which is def not true.
I meant to say that it's tougher on the mind the longer you play. The focus required is obviously different because of the mechanics but I mean I don't think it really requires more patience, it's just about finding those openings.

0Room

Smash Lord
I can't play without other people anymore
It just makes me sad and frustrated.

I guess that's because every time I play with new people I feel like I have to rework my entire strategy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can't play without other people anymore
It just makes me sad and frustrated.

I guess that's because every time I play with new people I feel like I have to rework my entire strategy.
Of course that's always better. Ever since competitive I never ever played alone.. since I don't own the game. =P New perspectives is always amazing.

Walt

Smash Ace
Ya but games last at most 1:30 min while a melee match can last up to 4:00.. I don't really understand your logic. Sure you have to weave back and forth adjusting your positioning all the time but it's basically the same in melee. I think the level of patience in melee needed is greater than SF4.
Standing mostly still, or slightly moving in SF is actually just way more boring to me than people running around in melee. I can watch high level SF games and be interested because of the very small nuances, I just don't have the patience to actually do that myself. In melee and GG people are flying around and stuff is happening. You will never see 3 fireballs thrown in a row from each person just to clash in serious game, or see two people just kinda footsie a couple pixels for like 3 seconds straight. I play pretty aggro in melee too though, hanging back isn't fun so I don't do it lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think the mindgames involved at that level of SF are really interesting because of the small nuances like that

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol mindgaming yourself
Someone was commentating on Armada

"You gotta take a mental list of everything that you've done. Because he learns after one try, so you gotta remember that you did that and to NEVER DO IT AGAIN. You're mindgaming yourself man, it's ridiculous."

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I love playing against players like that, thats when i play my best. I play my worst against players like kels who makes m2k look aggressive >_>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
needless to say I play with pretty bad players. :laugh:

yea, it's pretty infuriating seeing you ****ing grab them and get ready to chuck them and then they're just like, "oh wait, he's trying to throw me, guess I'll tech it" and after all that delay, it's still ****ing techable :(.

0Room

Smash Lord
I dunno, I'm glad the character that I like is Akuma
He's so good

I'm just really bad lol
Anyone have AE and wanna play?

ORLY

Smash Master
RE: SF4 AE: anyone on PSN, PM me your name and i'll give you a game invite next time i'm on

also: uhhh falcon's pretty good, i guess?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
BLASTRONER VS PROSKATER

APEX

BE THERE OR BE TRIANGLE

/end commercial
Roneblade:

Maybe its my fault
Maybe I led you to believe I was insulting you when i wasnt
Maybe I made you think my highlights started with my 10 second clips on youtube, and not in sparring sessions with Dart
Maybe I made you think that every falcon punch I hit was a game winner
That my game was built on flash, and not fire
Maybe its my fault you didn't see that Falcon gave me strength, that combos were my motivation
Maybe I led you to believe that Melee was a god given gift, and not something I worked for every single day of my life.
Maybe I destroyed the game.
Or maybe
You're just making excuses.

Genesis 2.

0Room

Smash Lord
I dunno if I believe you
Falcon isn't good

He's just really good at DD, punishing, tech chasing, and having electricity come out of his knee for arguably the best kill move in the game

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol sarcasm
Ineffective on the internet
Falcon is really good
He's just really bad for how good he is

Magus with the backfist fortress
Taking Genesis 2 by storm

0Room

Smash Lord
Also, Magus, your profile is weird

wut