• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
good stuff in cali scar, 2 EC falcons in the top 10? ridiculous. my legacy of **** continues in both of you

wtf @ darkrain is still the best? you cant just outplace him and then give him props. now you can say you are better than the other 285 people that placed below you, forever. just say "i got top 5 at the biggest tourney ever, stfu"

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf @ darkrain is still the best?
lol Well I think he's better at the game than I am tbh, if I didn't get lucky w/ Raistlin instead of JMan (lol @ people saying I had an easy bracket besides that though) then results would have been some other combination of Dark/Scar/Hax for 7/8/9.

BUT right now I'm the best Falcon in the world according to Genesis lol and yeah you're right no one can take that from me.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar, after watching IKM2 again knowing that you actually are a top falcon from genesis, I noticed when you dair tech chase and predict a straight up tech, you run then jump straight up above them, rather than shffl dair out of your run and land behind them, which is what I do.
the only time i can really think of doing this in IKM2 is vs pakman's fox when he misses a tech and i dj in front of him

i did the dj to bait out a getup attack which worked and then nailed him with the stomp

otherwise i think i always shffl stomps and land behind them when i think they're going to miss a tech, otherwise i stomp right in the middle of them when i'm predicting a tech in place/missed tech b/c i don't think it really matters where i space myself if they're on the ground

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Bro, no offense to you scar...

But you did place second in doubles...

Dark had Tuar...you had Darc...

An If anyone watches those matches its not like you ducked around as Darc tore holes through people...You team worked...You worked, so did he.

Bro ima give you mad respect man no lie everyone dogs you an still hates on you but you know what, to all the haters including me, an all of FL that hates you even though they wont say it...

You have earned our respect, atleast for the unbiased.

Im tired of everyone sayin **** like "Oh, yea Chopz lost to him but Elam was chokin mad hard...played horrible...he got an easy bracket...ect"...yadda yadda yadda

Bro keep the pimp hand strong an keep it sexy I love how your falcons wavelands everything looks mad sexy man keep it up an keep the **** hard

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
who cares

scar should finish the thread he made thats "in construction"
its like a real life new 500 start hotel construction job
in the way that it would take forever to be completed

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
wait wait i just remembered i heard from someone that darkrain said he was quitting after genesis because hes gonna get married i think...
is that true?
if it is then scar is definitely on top

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
When do you jump to get the max backwards distance after a moonwalk?

I'm guessing its as late as possible before you turn around from holding the stick back, but I'm unsure.

I couldn't tell from Zhu's video, sorry if it was already answered.
^This

Also, Scar did you MM Aarosmashguy at Genesis? Great job too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wtf @ darkrain is still the best? you cant just outplace him and then give him props. now you can say you are better than the other 285 people that placed below you, forever. just say "i got top 5 at the biggest tourney ever, stfu"
because scar isn't arrogant like that, and doesn't use one tournament (no matter the size) and essentially 1 placing to say "yeah im better than darkrain." scar and darkrain both lost to the same person in Loser's, so it doesn't really make much sense to say "yeaaahhh scar >>> darkrain" based on the placings.

scar you definitely proved yourself @ genesis though and you could be up on top and taking major tournies if you keep playing & getting better.

Jona: basically.... darkrain is going to SMYM10 though.
& yeah darkrain's getting married. and going to live in texas. lol.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
i got a match up question for u scar, fox vs falcon, keep in mind that the fox that i play wit on a normal rate is raynex so most things dont work vs him :(

also i was messing around wit my friend, and i'm not sure if it was true but i moon walked to reverse grab, and i grabed him (him being marth) out of his sweat spot, i was just wondering if mooning walking while grabing increases the grab range and allows this or was i just lucky, i did it twice both by mistake

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Andy most of FL and most of everywhere doesnt think scar is good...just like they dont respect kage.

Or it might just be hype hate but disrespect all together

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
because scar isn't arrogant like that, and doesn't use one tournament (no matter the size) and essentially 1 placing to say "yeah im better than darkrain." scar and darkrain both lost to the same person in Loser's, so it doesn't really make much sense to say "yeaaahhh scar >>> darkrain" based on the placings.

scar you definitely proved yourself @ genesis though and you could be up on top and taking major tournies if you keep playing & getting better.

Jona: basically.... darkrain is going to SMYM10 though.
& yeah darkrain's getting married. and going to live in texas. lol.
werd but since darkrain is going to smym10 and so is scar
who ever gets higher gets the title lol, if scar did it once, he'll do it again.

raaape

but that sucks that darkrain is quitting but oh well

getting married>smash

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Lol. It's G-reg. He is just cocky like that.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Nah I will place higher.

just friendly trash talk do not take it too seriously
lmao you call that trash talk?
hahhahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wooo
weeeeeeeeeeeeak

lrn2trshtlk or leeve plz

Lol. It's G-reg. He is just cocky like that.
its not that hes being cocky
anyone would do that
i would rub it in peoples faces
i would type
"6th @ genesis, 1 more then darkrain" at the end of every post
i would sig the results and highlight our names
i would create a social group called "better then darkrain" or "darkrain who?" or "get ***** darkrain"

werd up

Cups

Smash Ace
i would rub it in peoples faces
i would type
"6th @ genesis, 1 more then darkrain" at the end of every post
i would sig the results and highlight our names
i would create a social group called "better then darkrain" or "darkrain who?" or "get ***** darkrain"

werd up
it's a good thing you suck and nobody cares what you think, otherwise we would all be more annoyed than we already are.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i got a match up question for u scar, fox vs falcon, keep in mind that the fox that i play wit on a normal rate is raynex so most things dont work vs him :(

also i was messing around wit my friend, and i'm not sure if it was true but i moon walked to reverse grab, and i grabed him (him being marth) out of his sweat spot, i was just wondering if mooning walking while grabing increases the grab range and allows this or was i just lucky, i did it twice both by mistake
Tech chase raynex
Can't break that combo, just get him on the ground and kill him
and I heard something like that about the moonwalking

Zjiin

Smash Master
Dear BigD/Scar,

I recently went through a split up, but just before we ended it, i was given a very sentimental present that had a lot of time and effort put into it. We split because it wasn't working out, not because we didn't want to be together. My questions is, should i get rid of the present, as it will only bring memories that will be counter-productive to the "moving on" process, or should i keep it since i'm not too sure he're going to stay separated? I would hate to get back together and her find out that I threw her present away, but i feel like i can never really let go unless i get this out of my sight.

~Confused in Chicago

Scar

#HarveyDent
if i didnt love darkrain to death i would prob be saying that kind of stuff but he's like my inspiration, my goal in melee was to compete with him and like be recognized as his peer, and that's what i think i've accomplished over the past 3 or 4 months so i'm happy

also raynex blows vs falcon, all you have to do vs him is run away, pivot high priority moves, and then once you hit him he gets scared and you can pretty much manhandle him lol (<3 raynex)

the only thing about non-top falcons vs raynex is that he is in fact very scary so you have to get over that

basic falcon v fox advice is nair grab works a lot but if they DI away shine/spotdodge learn that and don't go for the grab, otherwise try to react w/ tech chasing and learn when they miss techs intentionally and then read their minds and **** them

learn to avoid getting shinespiked and just keep playing vs fox, it gets easier (then you play jman and learn the match is in fact impossible because he has infinite patience and perfect tech skill, but that's ok)

CiC,
Burn it.

-Scar

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
thx for the help, also i got one more question does grabing while moonwalking increase the range of the grab, and allow to grab chars out of sweat spotting the edge?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dear BigD/Scar,

I recently went through a split up, but just before we ended it, i was given a very sentimental present that had a lot of time and effort put into it. We split because it wasn't working out, not because we didn't want to be together. My questions is, should i get rid of the present, as it will only bring memories that will be counter-productive to the "moving on" process, or should i keep it since i'm not too sure he're going to stay separated? I would hate to get back together and her find out that I threw her present away, but i feel like i can never really let go unless i get this out of my sight.

~Confused in Chicago
Just hide it somewhere good so you don't see it ever. Probably the best idea.

Scar

#HarveyDent
skyheart thx for reporting my post, i just gave myself a warning so that should take care of that

if there were an infraction for not understanding irony i'd give it to you about 3 or 4 times so you'd be banned permanently

Top Bottom