• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
hey nes noob, you can use raptor boost too, it goes under lasers. I run away from the edge just enough so that I can raptor and not fall off.

shogun.

Smash Rookie
how would you combo spacies in the low percents? can you? if not would you just techchase?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pretty much anyone in top/high tier works well because Falcon is a wrecking ball in teams. Just let Marth camp and try to force one on ones and protect you from getting gimped while you just try to randomly wreck stuff.

As for getting hit it's all about knowing your partner so you learn to shield/avoid when you feel he is going to go for that stuff.

I'd probably rank it something like

1. Sheik
2. Marth
3. Fox
4. Jiggs
5. Peach
The results say otherwise. Falcon/Jiggs is probably the best team with Falcon. Remember King/Isai? =P

Scar

#HarveyDent
note to everyone: pills are not effective vs CF, nair beats them

if the doc is going to pill then you sit there and nair the pills, often they try to pill and approach, just nair through the pills and if it hits doc then combo him

throw combos aren't really effective because of upB, in general it's a silly low tier match which means you can't really **** him but he can't do **** to you at all

don't get hit by random dsmashes, work on your reverse upB recovery so you don't get caped, and spam nair. also running away from his approaches and bairing him is great, other than that DD grab camp

falcon wins pretty hard but if you overextend yourself you'll get *****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Is it possible to edgeguard someone who is recovering by moonwalking to a ledge-canceled stomp and hitting them on the way down with a knee, spiking them off the stage? I want to see this happen.
That would be such **** if it was in a Falcon ditto and the recovering Falcon meteor canceled the dair, gets kneed, techs it, and spikes the ledge-canceling Falcon lol

note to everyone: pills are not effective vs CF, nair beats them

if the doc is going to pill then you sit there and nair the pills, often they try to pill and approach, just nair through the pills and if it hits doc then combo him

throw combos aren't really effective because of upB, in general it's a silly low tier match which means you can't really **** him but he can't do **** to you at all

don't get hit by random dsmashes, work on your reverse upB recovery so you don't get caped, and spam nair. also running away from his approaches and bairing him is great, other than that DD grab camp

falcon wins pretty hard but if you overextend yourself you'll get *****.
Out of curiousity, what would you ban against Doc? FD comes to mind, especially against Boss who constantly zero to deaths me with chaingrabs -_-

I also have a question and I think I've asked it before. A few months back in teams with Shinku I did a moonwalk to ledge(or wall?) tech knee on the edge of FD. It was totally on accident and it was total ****. I can't seem to do it again though. I try moonwalking as close to the edge as possible, then attempt to wall tech, but it doesn't seem to work. It might be because I'm not falling far enough off the stage. I'll give it a try again tonight.

Scar

#HarveyDent
what's your question lol how did you do it?

it's one of those things, idk my guess is that it's the same mechanics as dash attacking the ledge and then walljumping from that, but there are some things in melee that you can't do consistently like pivoting on the ledge and grabbing it from a run

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol yeah my question was how do I do it exactly. That reminds me, I've also dashed towards the egde of Yoshi's and teched of it somehow even though it didn't look like I even fell off the stage. I do this all the time by accident, and never on purpose wtf

DrewB008

Smash Lord
nes noob sometimes good players will go above and stomp me when i do double lasers from the ledge, but ive never pulled it off against a falco. ive always thought about just rolling behind them, but never really tried it

fox's bair doesnt autocancel on the short hop i dont think, but falcos does and theres not much you can do about it beyond like full jump stomping or something ridiculous so just get out of there and make them think they have to do something else

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jiggs works really well for falcon
one time i did dk & falcon w/ darkrain and it didn't work so well
marth works well too (ken + isai)
asdf im tired

Fox's bair does autocancel if it's fullhopped.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya fulljump bair is a great fox strategy (???)

idk sh autocancel bairing falcos are losers and you should just treat them like losers. yeah i try to trade w/ knee and it works, get @ me. also bigD i also started fB+cc'ing them when i'm at low %s, it works really well actually

Cia

das kwl
ya fulljump bair is a great fox strategy (???)

idk sh autocancel bairing falcos are losers and you should just treat them like losers. yeah i try to trade w/ knee and it works, get @ me. also bigD i also started fB+cc'ing them when i'm at low %s, it works really well actually
Jman makes pretty nice use of this. it's pretty annoying to get around.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
well if theyre just standing far away doing sh bairs its one thing

but when matt r is doing them on your shield and spacing them all out of grab range its another, and in those cases i recommend just getting out of there

Fletch

Smash Master
That would be such **** if it was in a Falcon ditto and the recovering Falcon meteor canceled the dair, gets kneed, techs it, and spikes the ledge-canceling Falcon lol
I can't believe I didn't think of that, some good Falcons need to play an unlimited time match until this happens.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
yeah if falcos back airing your shield just roll...in general if falco is anywhere near me at all i roll

fox is just as annoying when they just sit there and shffl back airs...you have to fake run at them like you mean business then run away until they try to attack you

Chuz

Smash Cadet
I have a question. What do you do after you CC jabs (from Fox or Falco)? I'm used to just D-tilting because of playing Falco so much, but it seems to come out too slow with Falcon... :/

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Hello Fellow Falcons, I am the 2nd Best Falcon Main in the U.K. after playing competitively for a year and a bit, but my falcon ability is slowing down. I haven't actually sat down and practiced smash coz I don't know what to practice by myself, could anyone help?

This is my current level: youtube.com/watch?v=X22lnVzlIh8&feature=channel

What is the next stage for me? Because I have to fight this homosexual fox: youtube.com/watch?v=uHL6heUlqAY&feature=channel

MaNg0

Smash Hero
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

my falcon is still better then

urs / darks / hax

not jeff jeff is 2 good

=D

Top Bottom