• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Taking after SilentSpectre :)

This is bull**** LOL
Playing you i always feel like I'm playing bowser, you're too good man!
Even Fernandez said to me: Jeapie i never knew i would say this but, that Rocky guy is quicker then you.

That being said. Shield drop uairs in falcon dittos are the bussiness, sorry dude :awesome:

Windrose

Smash Lord
falco does wear a lot of mascara...i never noticed that!

it's probably to draw attention away from his big nose.

red eye shadow does go well with back eye liner imo....

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Back on the topic of fashion sense, Crush, what the ****? Game and Watch's upsmash puts a scuba helmet on. You can't tell me that retro diver look doesn't score him temporary points

EDIT WOAH HEYO DOUBLE POST I AM SMART

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Your movement is nicer, IMO. Also your wallgame is like a fine wine.

Or maybe like refined petroleum.

Refried beans?
lol. In falcon dittos the fast falcon gets ***** hard by the little bit faster falcon.
Thats why I played super slow in the set between Rocky and me.

Going from refried beans to uncooked beans to bring it home.

D

Deleted member

lol. In falcon dittos the fast falcon gets ***** hard by the little bit faster falcon.
Thats why I played super slow in the set between Rocky and me.

Going from refried beans to uncooked beans to bring it home.
sadly, the best way to play falcon dittos im convinced is to be the bigger douchebag

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
hmm our point of vieuw upon falcon dittos is way different S2J.
Well it works for me this way so if that works for you its all good

Also stop doing weird things when watching my vids please.
If you want to thank me , you can thank me ......

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande (VENUE WITH SPACE FOR 2500 PEOPLE)
July 13-15th, 2012

At that tournament! :D

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I think we should have some weird *** competition that all the falcon mains participate in at Melee Grande, with both in-game and real life stuff. Always wanted to see which falcon would be the fastest in a 100m dash, strongest armwrestler etc LOL

Walt

Smash Ace
how to buttrape doc mario? when i watch falcon v doc videos it looks like falcon just gets whatever hit he can. any sort of order to it? or should i just go go go?
Bob$ is my main training partner and I play with him most nights so I have a fair amount of doc experience.

First: Don't get grabbed. No joke this should be one of your main concerns, as doc has like 60 options on how to beat your *** off a grab. Buffer rolls if you think he's going to try for jab>grab or more often jab>dsmash. Not getting caught in platform techchases is extremely important, doc is really good at them and usually gets a grab that gets you off stage. The best way to avoid grabs is just constantly think about spacing yourself in a way that getting grabbed is less likely than just getting hit by an uair. Pills can get you grabbed. **** pills, they are lame, use retreating or overshot nairs to kill them.

Second: Recover high, or do a reverse up-B ledge grab. If recoverying high then go really really high, Docs bair is amazing at killing you at literally any percent and getting high up then doing everything in your power to get on the ground will help you get more out of each stock. Obviously reverse up-B saves you from from cape, but beware of dsmash hitting your legs.

Third: Back to pills. Getting caught in pill traps, or getting cornered with pills sucks really bad. They're like lasers only worse but with just as many tricks. Throwing pills usually means they are not only in a comfortable spot, but trying to bait in you into something. Trying to hit doc with a move that also hit his pill will usually free you from this pressure.

As far as actually hitting doc goes: Spaced nair, overshot stomps, and conditioning thme to CC a nair then kneeing them is what works well for me at least. Be careful when overshooting aerials too much, if they read when you are going to do it usmash will eat you flying over their head because docs head is invincible during it. Uthrow into spaces uair is basic damage dealing method, if you do deep body uairs they can often mash uair/nair for a trade. Dthrow>knee works but you have to be really frame perfect to not get uair'd out, do it around 70% for a kill, or if you've been uthrowing them all match, later in the stock count dthrow>knee can catch them at lower percents.

Windrose

Smash Lord
After many months, I realized Walt's avatar is some transformer with an upside down KFC bucket on his head...I always thought it was a light tower.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
hmm our point of vieuw upon falcon dittos is way different S2J.
Well it works for me this way so if that works for you its all good

Also stop doing weird things when watching my vids please.
If you want to thank me , you can thank me ......

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande (VENUE WITH SPACE FOR 2500 PEOPLE)
July 13-15th, 2012

At that tournament! :D
But that's in Europe :(

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Probably the truest statement about falcon dittos. Everytime i play someone that just wants to win they just tech chase grabs all day. : /
I disagree.

Define playing like a douche in falcon dittos.

be less predicatble with teching or go to the edge to grab it, after about 3ish grabs.
( no offense, Nakamaru )

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I disagree.

Define playing like a douche in falcon dittos.

be less predicatble with teching or go to the edge to grab it, after about 3ish grabs.
( no offense, Nakamaru )
(no offense taken)
Well, playing like a douche in a zero-sum game is impossible to do since the object of the game is to win.

So i guess by saying playing like a douche in falcon dittos is doing what works, and nothing even remotely risky. Example, playing like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UW8grq3sYDE#t=146s
all 4 stocks. It is easy to do because of falcons stupidly slow tech speed.

So to rephrase the statement s2j said. The best way to play falcon dittos is to be more boring than the other person.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It seems the falcon boards are like 2 years behind in the metagame, everyone else has pretty much agreed that doing the safe stuff is more effective

Nakamaru

Smash Master
That is true in any game. It is just boring to watch. Why do you think Hungrybox and Armada get all the complaints and crap that they get?

Hbox only does the safe stuff, and Armada does the same with Y.link and people ***** non-stop about how gay they are.

It isn't about being behind the times. It's about if you can actually bring yourself to play so safe that people start to complain.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk why people complain. People call melee a strategic mastery of a game on par with chess, but then most of the community are scrubby ****s who complain whenever someone beats them using superior strategies

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yea, i actually picked up the book, Playing to Win by David Serlin.

He puts competitive games the best way i've ever seen. "A competitive game is a debate. You argue your points with your opponent, and he argues his. “I think this series of moves is optimal,” you say, and he retorts, “Not when you take this into account.”

If you think of it that way. The gay and boring things that happen start to seem like traps, and thinking of how to avoid a trap is way easier than thinking of how to avoid something "gay" that frustrates you.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Everything in competitive games is like a puzzle. Theres a solution for everything if you are willing to find it. Calling something gay and refusing to find an answer for it only holds you back.

Most combos bore me. Puzzles and traps are cool.

Top Bottom