• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scariest Character to face during a Sudden Death:: EDITED

Shamanized

Smash Rookie
Similar to the characters you hate most thread, but focusing more on who's best in a Sudden Death.

Let's say you're playing as Mario, an average character, and find yourself in a Sudden Death match with the most intimidating character. Who is that character?

For me it's Snake. Sometimes he seems like a slow character but his melee moves are surprisingly quick, which I had to learn the hard way when getting close to him during a SD. And not to mention it's effin' scary having to go near him after he's planted mines everywhere, throwing grenades left and right, and probably has a seeking missile aimed for your face. :dizzy:

So who do you never want to have to face in a Sudden Death match?

P.S. Just ignore this thread if someone made the exact same discussion somewhere.

.::EDIT::. Snake has indeed been mentioned the most, followed by Samus and DDD in a tie, and MK, Lucario, and Pikachu also tying in as the 3rd scariest characters to face in a SD.

This is hardly an official/accurate tally and was just based off of how many times someone felt they needed to mention a character, with Snake being mentioned the most by different people from here to comment #29.

So if you ever should find yourself in an unfortunate Sudden Death match with a Snake, Samus, and DDD, just suicide. Or run away and hope they blow each other up.

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Snake is nice because his dash attack kills but I'd have to say samus is best she has lots of killer projectiles.

Shamanized

Smash Rookie
I can agree with Samus definitely, but not so much Zelda. Her one projectile attack is fairly easy to dodge.

DDD's minions are quite scary, and almost futile if the SD begins with you standing right next to him.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Snake, Samus, and DDD are definitely some of the worst.

Luigi can be scary with his high priority and little lag.
Of course MK is a problem (Tornado shouldn't KO)
Marth if you have no projectiles (quick counter or dolphin slash)
Wolf and his relentless f-smash/d-smash
Not to mention the always annoying Pikachu
Just naming a few that haven't been mentioned...

However, these fears can be meaningless if your facing a sub-par opponent. Any character can be scary in the right hands.
I've been helpless to a good Yoshi... not that Yoshi is bad...

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Yes MK has the advantage that if he hits with the last frame of the tornado it ko's.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Ike: Being placed right next to him at the start is horrible due to his Quick Draw move.
Ness/Lucas: Provided that you can't reflect (or absorb) projectiles, there PK Thunder moves can instant K.O. (Ness's is more likely though)

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon. His Falcon Kick surprises me a lot in Sudden Deaths.
Snake. His dash attack is so fast; you even have to dodge before he does it.
Samus. This bulky armor has a lot of projectiles up her sleeve.
Meta Knight. His attacks are too fast and most are virtually lag less.
Wolf. His f-smash kills. His d-smash hunts.
Link. He keeps chucking whatever projectiles he can.

n88

Smash Lord
My little brother. He is wayy better at sudden death than I am.

Ike bothers me, as does Pikachu.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
DDD, Snake, and the dreaded MK.
And... Have you ever tried a raptor boost in a SD? Most people don't see it coming the very first second,(including me) and it KO's every time.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
It's Snake. I can't think of a single attack or combo that he has that wouldn't kill you at %300.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Zelda. I had a streak of between 8-11 Sudden Death wins in a row last summer on Wifi and Zelda killed it. Her Disappearing/Reapearing move got me off gaurd.

Toon Link got me one other time as well with a projectile but I forgot what it was. (Bomb?)

I've never had to go up against Samus in SD but I could imagine that being a pain. Snake as well.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Pit + SD + wifi lag + FD = Death by arrows.

Yet another reason why I no longer play against anyone on wifi, and rarely with friends on wifi....

mofo_

Smash Ace
lol snake
mines,c4,2 grenades, motar sell up smash, seeking nikita missile, crazy fast dash attack

wario isnt that scary anymore, you can shield grab from his bike and throw him to his death

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
Rob is scary, if you have a character with major lag on their moves rob will just sheild and d smash you to death. Tho i think it is possible to di out of it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, I hardly lose at Sudden Death (of course I never face any GOOD opponents due to absense of WiFi), but I hate facing Snake, Marth, and D3 in it.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Snake is definitely hard, but I have trouble with Kirby for some reason :( Probably because he's like the only person I ever go to SD with lol.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Honestly I'll say the 3 Characters that I really dont like to Fight in the Sundden Death and explain Why:

1. Meta Knight - He is so FAST and he can kill you with a simple and Quick Tilt or the useful Down-Smash.

2. Bowser - Yeah... He is so SLOW... But His Side-B is very Useful, He can dodge your attack and use his Flight Slam (Side-B).

3. Wolf - His Amazing Ground Attacks is very useful and His B-air is Deadly.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Similar to the characters you hate most thread, but focusing more on who's best in a Sudden Death.

Let's say you're playing as Mario, an average character, and find yourself in a Sudden Death match with the most intimidating character. Who is that character?

For me it's Snake. Sometimes he seems like a slow character but his melee moves are surprisingly quick, which I had to learn the hard way when getting close to him during a SD. And not to mention it's effin' scary having to go near him after he's planted mines everywhere, throwing grenades left and right, and probably has a seeking missile aimed for your face. :dizzy:

So who do you never want to have to face in a Sudden Death match?

P.S. Just ignore this thread if someone made the exact same discussion somewhere.

.::EDIT::. Snake has indeed been mentioned the most, followed by Samus and DDD in a tie, and MK, Lucario, and Pikachu also tying in as the 3rd scariest characters to face in a SD.

This is hardly an official/accurate tally and was just based off of how many times someone felt they needed to mention a character, with Snake being mentioned the most by different people from here to comment #29.

So if you ever should find yourself in an unfortunate Sudden Death match with a Snake, Samus, and DDD, just suicide. Or run away and hope they blow each other up.
He can only have 1 land mine 1 detonator at once, that is not that hard

and idk, maybe luigi or lucas
luigi because his attacks come out quick, and lucas because PK fire could **** you up at 300%

Top Bottom