• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Scariest Moment In Zelda History?

etecoon

Smash Hero
also, shadow temple was violent as hell haha, i didn't get scared by it but when i played it for the first time, i definitely thought of it as morbid. torture chambers? spikes? booby traps? ghost ship? gigantic drum demon? easily the most rated r dungeon out of every game imo.
there's a phallic object outside of stone tower temple, and we all know that nudity is WAY WAY WORSE than graphic violence
remember the outrage at janet jackson's nipple on live TV? meanwhile I've seen uncut saving private ryan on prime time, people getting their heads blown off and their intestines hanging out is perfectly fine as long as none of them are naked

etecoon

Smash Hero
...which happens to be where most of us are from on this site(and where a "R" rating is relevant)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
bottom of the well/shadow temple. the bongo bongo fight was actually pretty chill compared to the locations themselves.

but the first time redeads got me as a kid..

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]I would love to see another MM type game where the game itself and the atmosphere are creepy. Also, the doomsday scenario helps with that. I know TP has some scary moments but MM and shadow temple type areas from OOT just felt different.[/glow]

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
People hate on MM so much because of being timed, as if it were even the slightest hinderance. Scrubs. I'm hoping for an MM remake on the 3DS. The re-made grafika for Ocarina of Time were really awesome :bee:
As a game, MM is easily as good as OOT. And yea, MM usually isn't like as much as OOT because OOT was more innovative because it was the first Zelda game in 3 dimensions. plus MM's timing wasn't as good as OOT.

As for the MM remake, I will be fine either way. If we don't get one, then I won't be mad because i can just play the original version plus the 3DS has enough remakes as it is. Although, if we do get it I will be happy and maybe get it because it is a great game and will be interesting to see what stuff they add in the remake.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
*friend playing OoT: MQ*

Friend: *walks up to zombie horde guarding chest at bottom of the well*
Friend: Oh look! Friendly Zombies!
Me: That's a lot, maybe you should draw them out 1 by 1
Friend: No I got this! *plays sun song*
Friend: YAAAAHH!!! *spin attack*

*zombies wake up and all gang up on him, leaving him paralyzed*

Friend: Oh no Zombies! Second plan!
Friend: *uses Din's Fire*
*zombies catch fire, but don't die*
Friend: OH NO!! FLAMING ZOMBIES!! NOOOO
Friend: *is gang banged by flaming zombies*

THE END

Shears

Smash Master
not really creepy but i was startled when i was 9 years old playing OoT for the first time and thought it would be funny to slice a cuccoo a couple times. 10 seconds later a million chickens were killing me.

scariest though had to be the well and shadow temple in OoT.

creepiest though is ikana canyon in MM. there was a graveyard with chanting stalchilds. a ghost soldier that thought he was alive. a music house with poison and a ghost that tells you youre gonna die. a creepy little girl whose keeping her zombified dad alive. another scary well. stone temple. a thieves hideout. and creepy music playing the entire time.

Sully

Smash Cadet
Scariest moment for me was probably Redeads. In any game :p

When I see them, I still have to play the Sun's Song.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Encountering Redeads for the first time in Ocarina, that shriek is the stuff nightmares are made of.

When Gibdo daddy bursts out the closet in Majora's Mask, **** made me O__O as a kid.

Wallmasters in 3D. That looming shadow, that whoosh effect. Not cool man.

Actually a lot of Majora's Mask is scary or rather just downright unnerving. Ikana's music and overall atmosphere definitely scared the **** out of me as a kid. Freaked out during moments like Sharp's Curse etc.

Them Redeads...

:/

Ironically for all of Twilight Princess' "darkness" and "maturity", nothing in that game remotely creeped me out, and that's not because I played it when I was 15, because I am one of the biggest cowards when it comes to games.

The only thing dark about Twilight Princess was the palette.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't think Twilight Princess was even mean't to be scary or anything. It was just dark and stuff like that. Probably the scariest thing thing for me was Dead hand thing... Wtf was that D:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm somewhat surprised no one mentioned the Great Fairies in the Great Fairy Fountain. I was a kid and was mesmerized by the beautiful fountain, and when I see the triforce symbol and play Zelda's Lullaby, all the sudden I hear creepy *** shrieking laughter and this giant fairy ***** comes out of nowhere. Scared the living **** out of me when I was little.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm somewhat surprised no one mentioned the Great Fairies in the Great Fairy Fountain. I was a kid and was mesmerized by the beautiful fountain, and when I see the triforce symbol and play Zelda's Lullaby, all the sudden I hear creepy *** shrieking laughter and this giant fairy ***** comes out of nowhere. Scared the living **** out of me when I was little.
Lol, the great fairies in OOT and MM were just awful...

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Bottom of the Well for the first time in OoT and MasterQuest

w/o the lens of thruth

stuff coming of nowhere

and :scared:

*turns system off*

zyth

Smash Lord
creepiest though is ikana canyon in MM. there was a graveyard with chanting stalchilds. a ghost soldier that thought he was alive. a music house with poison and a ghost that tells you youre gonna die. a creepy little girl whose keeping her zombified dad alive. another scary well. stone temple. a thieves hideout. and creepy music playing the entire time.
MM was the **** nightmares are made of.

But i would have to say the scariest thing for me was in Links awakening when u stole from the shop and the owner kills you as soon as you go back inside.

TennisTyrant

Smash Rookie
I'd say scariest moment was being down in the well for the 1st time in OoT.

That place is messed up.
I agree with you 100% on that one. The fact that I played Kakariko Well in the middle of the night didn't help either. :p

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
MM was the **** nightmares are made of.

But i would have to say the scariest thing for me was in Links awakening when u stole from the shop and the owner kills you as soon as you go back inside.
Dude, that boss music made me panic so badly as a kid!

Sully

Smash Cadet
Oh and the other thing that scared me, but just out of not expecting it, was when Yeta got possessed by the mirror and she made that scream and said "NOT TAKE MIRROR". It didn't really freak me out I was just not expecting that to happen :p

TennisTyrant

Smash Rookie
Does anybody remember the cursed Skulltula family in Kakariko in OoT? When I was kid I thought they were pretty creepy.
My most hated and scariest enemy of all time will be Redeads though. Especially their design in Wind Waker and the way they come out of coffins. Goodness.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember exactly where it was within the temple, but I turned a corner in the sand temple once in TP (music was off) and was greeted by a hoard of hungry skeleton monsters and a redead or two. I actually jumped out of my chair.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I don't remember exactly where it was within the temple, but I turned a corner in the sand temple once in TP (music was off) and was greeted by a hoard of hungry skeleton monsters and a redead or two. I actually jumped out of my chair.
Haha I remember the moment exactly, about halfway through. Arbiter's Grounds still remains my favorite temple from TP.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I went into the Twinmold battle low on magic and arrows.
That was quite an experience.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Majora's Mask wins the title of Scariest Moment. All of it.

It has the perfect combination of creepy and imminent death.

Skull Kid's evil laughter and Happy Mask Salesman's ... creepiness still haunts me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have got to say MM probably holds the scariest moment for me. When you went to the...oh I forget the name but the place with the Mummies and the castle of the dead. That had to be the scariest moment for me because I usually play Zelda at like midnight/late hours and I was just alone in my basement with the lights off.

I just got too spooked haha. Really great level though and probably the place I remember the most because of the anxiety of it.

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have got to say MM probably holds the scariest moment for me. When you went to the...oh I forget the name but the place with the Mummies and the castle of the dead. That had to be the scariest moment for me because I usually play Zelda at like midnight/late hours and I was just alone in my basement with the lights off.

I just got too spooked haha. Really great level though and probably the place I remember the most because of the anxiety of it.

:phone:
Does this do anything for you?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
;_;

That was also another scary part because I had actually read that story too. The face is just so creepy haha.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
;_;

That was also another scary part because I had actually read that story too. The face is just so creepy haha.
You shouldn't have done that.

Yeah, the story is pretty well written, if I know which one you're talking about.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Princess had a very creepy undertone to it for me, like when you & midna go through the door to the twilight for the first time & she turns into this giant hand thingy, ALL of MM was creepy especially the Mask Salesmen

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
That first night you spend in the Inn located at Clocktown in Majora's Mask.
After talking to the elderly woman in a kick*** mideival wheelchair, she manages to convince you into listening to one of her stories. Seeing no harm in it you foolishly agree. As she begins to read, you are enthralled by the story but the sheer length of it overcomes you and you begin to nod off.

You wake up in the middle of the night. The elderly woman cackles at your lack of willpower and you walk away in shame. You enter into the halls. Man this place never seemed so empty before. It's dark so you assume everyone must be sleeping. Your footsteps echo loudly through the empty corridors. You look for your room but make a wrong turn and end up in the kitchen. You begin to head back when an odd opening in the wall sticks you that you didn't notice before.

It's another room. What's in it? You enter inside and come across what appears to be some sort of toilet. Or at least a hole mounted upon a bench. Nothing of interest is in here so you make your way out. The Clock at the bottom of the screen moves ahead 1 hour. You attempt to backflip one more time on top of the toilet but you back up into it and THAT F#$%ING HAND POPS OUT!

"Paper Paper Give me Paper!" it Moans!

Nope! Im GTFO

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My version of MM started glitching out. It has music playing in reverse and keeps calling me BEN

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
My version of MM started glitching out. It has music playing in reverse and keeps calling me BEN
I had that problem once. Just take the cartridge out and blow in it. Put it back in and everything should be in working order.
If your still having problems, consult the necronomicon in the troubleshooting section.

Top Bottom