• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scav's Obsolete Happy Fun Release Date Experiment Scavenger Hunt

Croco

Smash Lord
Just to throw this out there..
My March 2007 issue of Nintendo Power had a pullout SSB:B poster which I believed said- "Brawl in 2007."
Of course nothing pin-pointed the exact day or month.. but it said 2007.. so I would think we would get it the same time as Japan in December.. or Japan gets it in November and we get in December. Either way I expect it that we get it in 2007.

Zink

Smash Champion
Croco, that poster merely said SMASH 2007, with some art on it. I took it to mean it was simply a Smash themed calendar and not a release announcement of any kind.

Croco

Smash Lord
Croco, that poster merely said SMASH 2007, with some art on it. I took it to mean it was simply a Smash themed calendar and not a release announcement of any kind.
Good point.. lol.
I just hope it doesn't get pushed till 2008..
I can wait.. for more content, but on the other hand I just want more news about the game.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Remember folks, the video in which this screenshot is featured used to be in Japanese. The official smashbros.com site translated this whole video in English, and this is the last thing you see.

Last time I checked, smashbros.com is the only website we're allowed to trust.

JPW

Smash Ace
It won't come out in March anyway, Nintendo just released their Q1 schedule, and no big Nintendo names are there, let alone Smash Bros. Now, at the very earliest , it will be a Summer release.

And I may as well ask this here: Has Smash Bros. Brawl even been confirmed for 2007 in the U.S.? I know Sakurai said it would definately be ready for Japan in 2007, but does that mean early 2008 is a possibility for the U.S.?
What about Australia though.
Come on are you guys going to foget about us.....

Australia sold 32,901 Wiis. The DS is the highest selling handheld in Australia since the GBA SP. That's impressive for Australia if you ask me.
Also Australia has been known to get some games earlier then the US.

Hopefully Australia gets a release date too.

Whatever happened to the worldwide rumour.

By the way I know this ain't the best source but Neoseeker is saying it's

US Release: November 1st 2007
Japan Release: December 31st 2007

Though I don't know why Japan would get it later then the US.

On my opinion alone. I reckon September 07 is the best possible date to hope for.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I just think it's hilarious that a website can just make up a release date and expect everyone to believe it. I ESPECIALLY find it hilarious that all websites have different dates. But, my prediction, like most people, I believe it will be released before Thanksgiving, or before Christmas (so, Q4 2007.)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I just think it's hilarious that a website can just make up a release date and expect everyone to believe it.
Not everybody will believe it, but a few suckers will.

If an idiot goes to Bestbuy.com, and it says it's coming out in May, that person might have the urge to preorder it right then and there. Once May rolls around, Best Buy can say: "OOPS, IT WAS PUSHED BACK, OMG-- BUT WE STILL GET YOUR MONEY LOL".

I think it's smart.

Practically every casual smasher I know claims to know when it's coming out. It's sad, but some people really believe anything they read on the internet.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
What will be interesting is how long the websites that say March leave their dates up. Considering the announcement of Nintendo's Q1 titles, that's borderline irresponsible.

Croco

Smash Lord
Not everybody will believe it, but a few suckers will.

If an idiot goes to Bestbuy.com, and it says it's coming out in May, that person might have the urge to preorder it right then and there. Once May rolls around, Best Buy can say: "OOPS, IT WAS PUSHED BACK, OMG-- BUT WE STILL GET YOUR MONEY LOL".

I think it's smart.

Practically every casual smasher I know claims to know when it's coming out. It's sad, but some people really believe anything they read on the internet.
Not only is it smart for places like BestBuy and Gamestop etc.. they actually gain interest while your money is sitting in their bank during that time period.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ok, i feel so embarrassed, that im the only person here that doesnt kno what TBA stands for. someone please >.>

and Q1 means first quarter of the year right? and goes the same for Q2, Q3, Q4?

seriously, i was really hoping for the spring or at least when summer starts, cause im going into university next year and that blows nearly all the time i have to smash with my friends.

if i were to guess, id have to say july 1st!!

lets keep a positive attitude. :D

>.>

slipperyPete

Smash Rookie
this months game informer says june 1st, this months egm says fall. i believe egm to be more accurate, as vague a date as that is.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
so yea, US dates have been getting closer and closer to japanese dates.

like with mario party its always been released after japan but this one is being released before japan. the same trend was goin with ssb

squaminator

Smash Ace
EB games moved the date back to 11/1/07. smash for my birthday! every1 is invited!
that would be awesome.

p.s. EB and gamestop are the same company.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
I tried to spit through some official Nintendo websites:

Nintendo of Europe says: 2007 for Europe here:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/...do?ElementId=qAfnjbpGYM8H7Nele2QrIqwkTbzjxl12

and TBA here:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/nl/NL/search/search.jsp?searchText=brawl&indexName=all

Before, it said Q2 2007 on that page...

Nintendo Of Japan doesn't list Super Smash brothers Brawl... although it lists games releasing in April with "One piece Unlimited adventure " being the most far away, namely on April 26th.

check here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/index.html

on www.wii.com they took off the image and link to the Super Smash Brothers Brawl game, as well as to Super Mario Galaxy... Another bad sign.

It's save to say it will not come in March or April ... since the LAN Adapter won't even be available in Europe by then... I think it will at best come 1 June 2007.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
I think it will be released on November 2007. I even read in a magazine that it will come out in fall. In ebgames they say it will come out on the 6th month I think, and so did my friend told they had a list and brawl was there that it will come out sometime during that date. I say they are all wrong it's going to take a while for brawl to come out!

Justin

Smash Apprentice
What the ****..It's barely into the 2007 year and now we might have to wait until almost 2008 (around November or December) before the game comes out? That's so not sexy...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It bothers me that Nintendo keeps saying "we want it by the end of the year."

I'm going to throw out a few educated guesses here.

1) Nintendo wants to release a massive, system-selling game every quarter -- or at least space them out.

2) Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are further along in development than Brawl.

3) Galaxy is a significantly stronger system-seller during a holiday season

4) Nintendo's online infrastructure is nowhere near in place. It either needs to be in place, or launched via Brawl.

This means a couple things. First, as online develops, we can start narrowing the release "window." Given that Pokemon is the first online game, it makes sense that it will come out before Brawl ;) Probably by a significant margin.

Next. I can see these "big three" as a month apart, but no less. Metroid is strongest if released first, and whether it is followed by Mario or by Brawl depends on when it is released. If we start hearing about Metroid in November, then we can expect Galaxy to be the holiday draw, followed by Brawl in March.

I'll start getting excited about a Brawl announcement when:

1) They settle on a date for Metroid
2) They develop a solid online offering besides "Wii Vote"

Devastlian

Smash Lord
One other thing to take into consideration is install base. Nintendo probably wants SSBB to at least match the sales of SSBM (which is at least six million). I read that they did match their projected number of Wii systems moved before the end of last year, which was four million, and that Nintendo sold 435,503 Wii systems in January. So, if they manage to increase production to around 500,000 a month, they'd probably wait until at least the summer to make sure SSBB at least beats SSBM. Of course, Nintendo probably projected this and told Mr. Sakurai and Co. to take their time and, if they wish to overrun it and release it in fourth quarter, like with SSBM, as the big holiday game this year, they definately could seeing SSBM's title of being the best selling GCN game. So I could see MP3 at the end of second quarter, SMG at the end of third quarter, and SSBB at the end of fourth quarter.

Also...I think it'd be funny at the end of the next SSBB trailer to have it, like, flash on the screen for like a split second "COMING [THE SAME DAY AS HALO 3]." Or something.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is repeat information, but I'll post it anyway. The Japanese government just sold off their shares (554$million worth) of ownership in Nintendo's stock at Nintendo's request because they (nintendo) wanted to create liquidity and offer more shareholders the ability to own the company's stock. It was noted that much of the secrecy of Nintendo's titles releases was purposely being kept until after this transaction was completed (because the government already earned a huge profit from the success of the Wii and it's effect on Nintendo's stock price). I also heard information on a gaming show (G4 channel dont remember the name) stating that Miyamoto's discreteness at the Game Developers Conference was also due to the same corporate reasons. Hopefully this means that a lot more information about brawl and other titles will be released very soon. I also read through Nintendo's entire '07 Q1 Annual Report looking for clues as to their forecasted sales numbers and sales strategies for the upcoming quarter but (obviously) there wasn't much there. So information should be coming out real soon. Remember that any corporation's responsibility lies with it's shareholders, so I find it hard to believe that they will delay the launch of their games too much longer as the stock price has already dipped recently.

Japanese Gov't sells it's shares
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/02/26/japanese-government-sells-its-nintendo-stock/

lengeta

Smash Ace
1up's already changed their date to 1/1/2008, lol. I also work at an FYE, and I can tell you retailers are usually behind online sources for knowing when stuff's coming to them.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't know about all your guys' silly "official" sources, but my source, kirby1fan, made a comment on this video, declaring that "it said sometime in apral or may," referring to mmhhss' question, "Does any1 kno when its coming out?."
So, obviously, be excited, for your dreams come true this apral or may!

Croco

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know about all your guys' silly "official" sources, but my source, kirby1fan, made a comment on this video, declaring that "it said sometime in apral or may," referring to mmhhss' question, "Does any1 kno when its coming out?."
So, obviously, be excited, for your dreams come true this apral or may!
Who knows.. maybe that person is from Japan and knows something we do not.
The original Smash Brothers came out on my B-Day.. April 2007.. in the USA.
So Brawl? Would be cool.. but I wouldn't be so gullible and believe it.

If it was in April then it would of probably been known already a month before..

Top Bottom