• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Schaumburg Smashfest!!! Saturday 11/8/08

coolgy023

Smash Cadet
Kind of short notice, but for those in the chicago area who are not going to michigan or purdue for tournaments this weekend, you're welcome at my house for a smashfest which will obviously involve melee and the casual drinking escapades, if you so desire. Already have about 5 or 6 people coming from the CSC chicago smashfest thread, so just seeing if anyone else around wants to join the fun. Time is currently undecided, but i don't really care what time people show up and what time it goes till.

471 Derby Ct.
Schaumburg Il, 60193

(847) 814-0514
Here's my phone number for people if they get lost or just want to tell me when they arrive. I think i have like 3 or 4 tv's, should be enough, but depending on who wants to come, we can adjust accordingly. I have a cube, but managed to lose my copy of smash, so if we could get 3 cubes and 4 copies of melee, that would be dandy

Edit: Trail, if you read this, you still owe me a glass from the last smashfest we had at my house lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'll come and bring brawl if thats cool... i have nothing better to do.. even if i don't play brawl it will be better than doing nothing.

coolgy023

Smash Cadet
i'll come and bring brawl if thats cool... i have nothing better to do.. even if i don't play brawl it will be better than doing nothing.
If you bring brawl then you're gonna have to bring a wii too, for i don't have such a contraption. And i think most people want to play melee, but as i said, you're more than welcome to bring it if you want.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
If you bring brawl then you're gonna have to bring a wii too, for i don't have such a contraption. And i think most people want to play melee, but as i said, you're more than welcome to bring it if you want.
i meant set-up when i said braw(like brawl, wii and tvl. :x and sense you said people from CSC chicago smashfest i figured it was mostly melee but i really don't have anything better to do.

well not sure about tv but i might either way sense its somewhat small but not to bad.

coolgy023

Smash Cadet
Gonna hit one of these up soon enough. Gotta show Ruben how to play this game right.
Lol, don't expect these to happen often. They really only happen under the right circumstances, like when the parents are gone for the weekend ;) And clearly you should get those work johns outta here and call in sick or something, it's what I would do if I had a job :laugh:

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
how does 1 or 2 pm sound? i might have something going on at night.

ps. i don't think anyone around here plays brawl. khepri's smashfests were entirely melee.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I think I can go to this, and I'll play melee and brawl too if there's a setup.
sweet i'll have at least one person to play brawl with.. but i'll probably end up playing some melee also just because its better then brawl.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I wanna go to this. :D I've been wanting to practice some Melee, so you can toss this scrub around.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
if anyone can bring a screwdriver for the gamecube controller to this, then i'd really really appreciate it. i'm trying to get rid of those cursed springs in the trigger buttons.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
if anyone can bring a screwdriver for the gamecube controller to this, then i'd really really appreciate it. i'm trying to get rid of those cursed springs in the trigger buttons.
i'll be sure to look for mine and bring it.... this might require some cleaning around my desk... :(

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
if you bring the screwdriver, i'll play you in brawl. seriously, that screwdriver would make my day.

Tink

Smash Hero
is there anyway to do like a small like, 5 dollar tournament at this o,0.....i would need to have gas money to get back <_<.

coolgy023

Smash Cadet
is there anyway to do like a small like, 5 dollar tournament at this o,0.....i would need to have gas money to get back <_<.
Lol, just for you Wayne, I'll think about it... Although we all might as well just GIVE you $5 if that's gonna be the case :laugh:

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there eventually, and then probably frolicking around Woodfield mall later. Anyone want to join me? :p

Top Bottom