• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 4: *Results!!* UPDATED!! January 8th, 2011!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I didn't even realize people had an issue with standing for a single set till Today looked surprised when I said I'd stand. I figure there's more than enough sitting room, I can sit later.

D

Deleted member

Looking at the OP, I'm reminded of how awesome Rauleen and I's team name was. So epic.

Also, the only videos that have been posted are AZ's matches. Aren't there any more?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
So all I've heard so far is that M2K planked Coney in order to win a 70:30 MU in favor of MK.

I'm disregarding M2K vs Ally for multiple reasons; the largest of which is that it was Allys ROB lol.

This isn't the only SIIS tournament that has had no LGL. The best in the tournament all seem to still place in their respective placements. This to me sounds like a competitive game.

Why should we change the game if the tactic is beatable?
Vinnie stops planking all day with GAW (I know personally from doubles).
M2K still wins MK dittos.
I have never personally been planked for a victory (because I know how to beat it)
M2K even said during the grand finals that Snake can beat Mk's planking.

So if planking is beatable there's no reason to nerf it, other than scrubby reasons so far.
he planked me too, i could have been the 3rd olimar to beat him :(

and the reason most mk's don't abuse the broken tactic is because measures have been taken to prevent it... the lgl

Silhouette

Smash Lord
oh whoops. while i was walkin by and you were sittin with your friends and i coulda sworn i overheard them teasing you. my bad for assuming.

i use to play a ROB ALL the time on wifi haha. i'm very comfortable with the match up and was fortunate enough to have two in my pool :D
Nah they wernt teasin, and I could tell you knew all my freakin options. GG's man, showed me what I need to work on vs Snake.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Clow: Stop playing the blame game. You and the others already know how to improve as a TO. If there was any mishaps that need mention/discussed, they don't need done in the shoutouts thread. Going over specific things like "Day/Dooms being MIA" does absolutely nothing at this point in this thread. Instead be more general and avoid names.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
LGL is stupid. Ban the problem, not the symptoms.
The problem is no longer a problem with no symptoms :D

For me, though, it's "Ignore the problem till it goes away". Works well.

*edit* I don't think I gave you a shoutout, I've never been jab-up-B'd all 3 stocks before :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LGL is stupid. Ban the problem, not the symptoms.
No one ever will though...I stopped preaching that line a long time ago.

Pro LGL just for the sake of not pissing over half of the community off just to uphold Sirlin's values.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
The way I see it....

The top players are fully capable of adapting to whatever rules the TO/Community agrees on. Run your tournaments the way you want to. As long as it's fun, who cares about LGL? (Go to OUGA events and see what I mean!)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Time to read through this stuff... 15 pages in a week woo buddy.

My apologies to :(, whining about how much I suck while simultaneously beating you handily is totally uncouth. And thanks for Sole and Sil Co. for making my evening with that wild trip to Chipotle. :p And that crazy Game 2 Game & Watch ditto...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Daaaaaaay~

Can I have Pit as my first character THEN wario please? I went Pit every game except against Atomsk and once against Ally, and countered Akashi and Future with Wario. Everyone else I played Pit against. :)

Calebyte

Smash Lord
97: Calebyte :mario2:- GGs in our MM. Let me know if you want to get some friendlies in next time we're at a tourney together.
Lol, don't be modest. I had fun though, I'd definitely like to get some more IC/Pika experience with you whenever I see you next! Good ****! :)

D

Deleted member

I hate to ask again, but where are the Kain vs. Atomsk videos???

Top Bottom