• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School, Smash, Pokemon, and Closets

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=1193]School, Smash, Pokemon, and Closets[/drupal]

I'm not one to write about my weekend, but I really feel as though this past weekend was a pretty rare and exciting (and a bit strange) few days. It isn't every weekend that I have close to no homework and tons of free time, and you can trust that I take full advantage of these opportunities.

It all started on Thursday night really. I had a Spanish project due the next day, and due to my ridiculous procrastination I had set it aside until the night before. Much to my dismay, I had forgot the neccesary papers at school and seeing as I am not legally able to transport myself places, I was in trouble. I found my mother and asked her if I could possibly stay home the following morning, skipping my second hour in an effort to dodge the due date. After a lecture on how I shouldn't wait until the last second, (which I didn't listen to) she agreed and it was decided I was to stay home until around 10AM.

When I woke up in the morning, my younger brother who is in elementary school was getting up and just about to go to school. I camped out in my room for around 20 minutes waiting until he left in an attempt to keep him from knowing I wasn't gone. After he left, I ate my scrambled eggs and went on the computer for a bit. My mother then confronted me, offering me to stay home all day. I of course agreed; it was a good idea. I then went and played Brawl for about 5 minutes and was informed we were going out to help my mother take down pictures she had displayed at our local library. I couldn't complain though, as we went and got chinese food beforehand.

With the chores done, my mother dropped me off after school was done and I retrieved my Spanish papers from my locker. As we drove home I just sat and looked out the window, wishing I had something to do for 6 minutes. When we returned home it was around 4PM and my two brothers were home. Later, my brother's friend came over. When ever he comes over, we play Melee and Brawl until:

-Our eyes hurt
-We're tired

That night was no exception, and we played pretty much all night. I learned that I had forgotten how much fun it was to play with items, and that I absolutely hate Brinstar. Of course we had some serious friendlies, but those kids are getting really predictable and easy to beat.

At around midnight, I found my old, old, old Nintendo SP. It isn't one of those with the blinding light either, it's a nice red one with a dull light and scratches everywhere. Anyway, I recharged it and dug out my copy of Pokemon Red. Man, I had forgotten how awesome that game is. If you go back and play one of the old Pokemon Gameboy games, you realize how much times have changed. I remember when the 'cool' kids of today played Pokemon and I didn't even have a Gameboy Advance. Regardless, I played that for a while and that great feeling of nostalgia was running through me. It's important to note that I play Pokemon frequently too, so it's not as if it was the first Pokemon game I had touched in 5 years.

The next day we woke up and ate breakfast, smashed until around 12PM and went to the movies. We watched some movie that I forgot the name of, and it was subpar. Afterwards we went home and played some more smash. This time I learned that I want to learn how to play with the Ice Climbers, they are the only characters that I see as somewhat technically demanding in Brawl and as a result I want to at least learn a little about them. Plus, Ice Climber was one of my favorite games when I was a small child and I owe my devotion to it.

All this while, I had been putting off my already late project. It wasn't until 9PM I forced myself to start it. When I told my brother this, he told me there was no way I was going to do my homework in the room since he was going to bed. (We unfortunatly share a room) He told me to do it in the closet, and that's eactly what I did. It was a cool weekend, and a nice way to start off March.

Thanks for reading if you did, and have a nice month of March!

D

Deleted member

I wish I had a coolio weekend like that, except for the Spanish bit.
I took Spanish 9/10 grade and it sucked.

Edit: Woah, I was just playing Pokemon Red on my Red SP! I'm stuck in Glitch City.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Man I remember the days when I played Melee till my eyes hurt. We pulled a lot of all nighters lol. I still play till my eyes hurt sometimes, but I can't last nearly as long. I get headaches. That does sound like a really great way to start off the month. I'd be super charged after a weekend of having fun with friends like that.

I remember when it was so cool to have a gameboy and a pokemon game. My mom used to make fun of me because she said I looked like a little boy with my gameboy always shoved in my pocket (yea I'm obviously a girl lol). It hurt my feelings but I loved it enough to keep right on playing with the guys lol.

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Ah man, I hear you on the Pokemon days... It was officially the first game I owned. Me and my crazy "strawberry" colored GBC... I would play Pokemon Blue for hours. (While my bro had Red.) Remember link cables for when you wanted to trade or battle? XD I remember checking it out again after the SP and DS had come out with their backlights... And it could just be my bad vision, but I was surprised to find myself having trouble seeing what I was doing in it sometimes without the backlight. XP So bad. Technology and games have really come a long way.

Haha, was it tough to do your Spanish project in the closet?

Thanks for sharing. It does sound like you had a pretty nice start of March. Hope for an enjoyable month as well. ^^

WinjaSauce

Smash Rookie
That's such a beast weekend. However, my weekends are usually free.. it's just i'm staying up super late doing HW pretty much EVERY week night... *cries*

Top Bottom