• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I only ask because as far as I'ma aware there are no other Mario mains in Michigan, so I don't think it's fair to compare mario dittos w/ someone who doesn't put alot of time into the character.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
we actually had a few good marios but no one keep playing with him. Malice and one of dbpm's friends (cant remember his swf name) had a nice mario before they stopped using him. I may not have played widely known marios because none of them come to MI except 1der and we only played friendlies so long ago. i dont care about who i beat in the past, its all about the present and future. we played every wednesday so of course i know the mario match up lol.

Edit: instead of ME talking ****.....happy people

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh i wasn't talking **** i was jsut curious who you played Mario dittos with since i didn't know anyone other than yourself played mario here

j3ly

Smash Champion
renamed: j3ly's beef thread

i find if someone has nobody to copy off of, then they develop a more unique style. i'd like to see some other marios or docs in actual person. there were docs at SNY, but i ***** em and the only one I didnt play turned out to be the best in the room. hmmph!!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
no junglefever i meant me talking **** not you lol

better yet ill edit it so you can understand what i mean so just look at my last post

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Well...
I like you but I'm gonna say the same thing I tell everyone in the same situations.

Grab more, every time you did it was sexytime. Hitting shields with things when you can just grab are opportunities you're simply avoiding taking by attacking them. Just grab, it leads to juicy things too.
Stay grounded vs Falcon. There was a section in the second vid where you WDed on from the ledge, which was good, then jumped to land on the platform with dairs/fire and got kicked away 4 times in a row.
Good stuff keep posting.
I probably won't watch any more though, cause I don't watch vids. lol

Like what you said about people making their own style, mine makes people laughed cause it's ****ed up.
mindgames i say, mindgames

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
look away from the falcon godammit. our average kill counts are like 200 to 50, i had to put on 1 game where he won ^_^ otherwise its unfair.

same dude from my pichu combo video from back in the day.. but seriously, enough on unreal. you guys should realise that WD utilt WD utilt WD utilt WD utilt is sandbagging.

on the other hand, i shoulden't have uploaded vids where i sandbag.. having a smashfest 2night with 1 player on my level, 1 above, will upload. and hopefully ill upload a MM set with some Uk marth too.
i guess you never seen this post Bamesy. this is what he said when i critiqued the video a while ago. I wonder what he is going to say to you.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Even when sandbagging etc, there's no johns for WDing on, then jumping to the platform and getting kicked off 4 times within 20 seconds.
It's literrally the only thing that happens for half a stock, jump, kick, jump, kick.
Sandbag johns no apruvy.
lol

But yeah aight.
garb*cough*moar

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol one of the uk fanboys. dont worry willz, you'll take ur first game off my mario someday keep playing <3

point taken about the grabs, but dont forget that utilt 100% substitutes an uthrow at many %'s. i have some **** setups with grabs too, but i forget to grab in ALOT of games. tons of games, not even 1 grab attempt. maybe that comment will ensure i dont forget. however utilt is better if you were going to uthrow..

i hugely disagree with stay grounded vs falcon. double aerial is one of marios more effective manoeuvres vs all characters - watch DJN's game vs chops. all ridiculousness of that game aside, he spams a similar tactic to me just finishing with nair. i normally bair bair, or uair bair (crossed up) and he uair nairs but its the same shiz. i should intergrate that when nair is techable and uair is not, cos the strong hit is techable sooner. that being said, tilt camping/fsmash camping, general camping vs falcon works super well but his dair outprioratises all our attacks. if they clock on, and start dairing, you need to start adapting with FH dair. also i dont camp in friendlies, sorry lol. seriousies on the way though, soo lazy with uploading

ur last comment was unnecessary dude :( sounds more like some dude trying to give across the opinion of standing straight, arms crossed, shaking their head in a disproving manner with a smug smile. unless you have HONESTLY never played in auto drive/not cared about a match, i dont believe you've never made the same decision several times in a row at 1-4am after 200 or so stocks. watch a different match lol, that one was put on for the fact unreal actually won a game. im regretting it now though, i just liked the first stock haha :D

i have some games soon to be uploaded from a monthly, bamsey i'd like u to critique, because ur words are wasted on unreal videos.
i get outcamped and ***** kinda hard vs prof, he survived to like 230% on one stock and returned to the stage to finish me. last set we played all i did was bait and fsmash, which worked cause he rushed in. tables turned, he camped me and i was the one doing the rushing - which meant uthrow uair or something nasty every single time. **** mario :( i wanted to go puff anyway, but im not doin that on camera

i think the solution was to throw more fireballs..

if u dont mind me asking, how old are you and how long u played mario for?
have you any vids?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
who are you talking to?
I thiiiink me cause he says bamesy...and most of it is directed to me. :D

Imma post crap in your post a bit sorry :[

lol one of the uk fanboys. dont worry willz, you'll take ur first game off my mario someday keep playing <3

You got this Willz!

point taken about the grabs, but dont forget that utilt 100% substitutes an uthrow at many %'s. i have some **** setups with grabs too, but i forget to grab in ALOT of games. tons of games, not even 1 grab attempt. maybe that comment will ensure i dont forget. however utilt is better if you were going to uthrow..

Agreed, and I think everyone goes matches without thinking about grabs. The fewer the better, but it happens.
I learned to force myself to grab, so now I just have a problem forgetting about dsmash (messed up eh?) lol

i hugely disagree with stay grounded vs falcon. double aerial is one of marios more effective manoeuvres vs all characters

I came from using Luigi, so I don't consider it double aerialling (unless you mean FH?) lol
SHFFLing aerials is fine, going on platforms or FHing I just think is WAY too not-worth-the-risk for what it rewards (even FH fireballs from across battlefield into wavelands I only feel half confident doing against smart players because I KNOW they have a tiny oppening), and SH bairs into wavelands are fine too when their time comes.

i should intergrate that when nair is techable and uair is not, cos the strong hit is techable sooner.

Yeah for sure.
I find I only use Uair when SHed and just landing into other things or mid combo, aside from that Nair is best.
At the same time, I end combos with Nair way too early when I can Uair again into things.
It's a tough balancing act for sure. :[

that being said, tilt camping/fsmash camping, general camping vs falcon works super well but his dair outprioratises all our attacks. if they clock on, and start dairing, you need to start adapting with FH dair.

DDing and WDing into grabs, tilting, jabs etc is what I meant by being grounded. Mario has STRONG ground game against Falcon, and Falcon has stronger aerial game. That's all. :D

also i dont camp in friendlies, sorry lol. seriousies on the way though, soo lazy with uploading

Camping is for boring players anyway. ;P
Replace

that being said, tilt camping/fsmash camping, general camping vs falcon
with
that being said, tilt pressuring/fsmash pressuring, general pressuring vs falcon
Yeah? :D

ur last comment was unnecessary dude :(

I meant it as a joke sorry! :O
First stock was cute yeah haha

i have some games soon to be uploaded from a monthly, bamsey i'd like u to critique, because ur words are wasted on unreal videos.
:O
Sure, that's legit. lol

i get outcamped and ***** kinda hard vs prof, he survived to like 230% on one stock and returned to the stage to finish me. last set we played all i did was bait and fsmash, which worked cause he rushed in. tables turned, he camped me and i was the one doing the rushing - which meant uthrow uair or something nasty every single time. **** mario :( i wanted to go puff anyway, but im not doin that on camera

He a Fox I assume? But Uthrow Uair? :O
I find I play against Fox/Falco/Falcon/etc like a Marth.
Just following them to the death, trading hits is better than not at all, and if you don't try to pressure them, you're screwed.
It's either.
1. Trade their CHOICE of how and when to approach/camp, with your attempted counters
or
2. You're trading their counters with your CHOICE of approach. It's tough but gotta do what ya gotta do. :/

i think the solution was to throw more fireballs..

if u dont mind me asking, how old are you and how long u played mario for?
have you any vids?

22 and a few months...maybe? It's complicated and I don't think you'd be interested in the details. LOL
I do ok, if you know what that means. ;)
Sorry for posting crap in your post. I'll copypasta my crap here so you can quote it if you want. XD

You got this Willz!
Agreed, and I think everyone goes matches without thinking about grabs. The fewer the better, but it happens.
I learned to force myself to grab, so now I just have a problem forgetting about dsmash (messed up eh?) lolI came from using Luigi, so I don't consider it double aerialling (unless you mean FH?) lol
SHFFLing aerials is fine, going on platforms or FHing I just think is WAY too not-worth-the-risk for what it rewards (even FH fireballs from across battlefield into wavelands I only feel half confident doing against smart players because I KNOW they have a tiny oppening), and SH bairs into wavelands are fine too when their time comes. Yeah for sure.
I find I only use Uair when SHed and just landing into other things or mid combo, aside from that Nair is best.
At the same time, I end combos with Nair way too early when I can Uair again into things.
It's a tough balancing act for sure. :[
DDing and WDing into grabs, tilting, jabs etc is what I meant by being grounded. Mario has STRONG ground game against Falcon, and Falcon has stronger aerial game. That's all. :DCamping is for boring players anyway. ;P
Replace that being said, tilt camping/fsmash camping, general camping vs falcon with
that being said, tilt pressuring/fsmash pressuring, general pressuring vs falcon
Yeah? :DI meant it as a joke sorry! :O
First stock was cute yeah haha:O
Sure, that's legit. lolHe a Fox I assume? But Uthrow Uair? :O
I find I play against Fox/Falco/Falcon/etc like a Marth.
Just following them to the death, trading hits is better than not at all, and if you don't try to pressure them, you're screwed.
It's either.
1. Trade their CHOICE of how and when to approach/camp, with your attempted counters
or
2. You're trading their counters with your CHOICE of approach. It's tough but gotta do what ya gotta do. :/22 and a few months...maybe? It's complicated and I don't think you'd be interested in the details. LOL
I do ok, if you know what that means. ;)

A mess but I think I got it all. :)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Guys, guys, we Marios have a small population! We gotta work together everyone! A friendly rivalry is okay and all but direct insults to the Doc community XD (j/k).

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I'm just wondering what's all they hype behind Scorpion Master all about?
Scorpion Master was revealed sometime in August as Mang0. Choosing to try his luck at using Mario in tournament, Mang0 has placed quite well using the 'dark horse' character, even attaining first in doubles and 2nd in singles in a relatively big tournament.

As Mario mains, the Scorp-A-Dorp Hype is one of those inspirational uses of Mario (like Brown Mario) and as such, we've come to try to revive Mario with the momentum he's brought (though it's not limited to Mang0's vids). Along with Mang0, Shroomed (a Doc main) has been doing well and with Doc so we intend to use our newfound momentum to make 'The Mario' more of a 'Lighting Bruiser'. :D

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Guys, guys, we Marios have a small population! We gotta work together everyone! A friendly rivalry is okay and all but direct insults to the Doc community XD (j/k).
haha i agree! i say we all help each other out. do any of you guys know how to captuer videos? im not sure exactly what kind of equipment i need. i need more mario vids, even if i have to make em myself 8)

Bamesy

Smash Ace
since when is fuzy one of the best sheiks in EU? did i miss something? =P
Yeah really. Falcon for sure, but charleshiek isn't that cute. :/

Scorpion Master was revealed sometime in August as Mang0. Choosing to try his luck at using Mario in tournament, Mang0 has placed quite well using the 'dark horse' character, even attaining first in doubles and 2nd in singles in a relatively big tournament.

As Mario mains, the Scorp-A-Dorp Hype is one of those inspirational uses of Mario (like Brown Mario) and as such, we've come to try to revive Mario with the momentum he's brought (though it's not limited to Mang0's vids). Along with Mang0, Shroomed (a Doc main) has been doing well and with Doc so we intend to use our newfound momentum to make 'The Mario' more of a 'Lighting Bruiser'. :D
lol

But what's the deal with Brown Mario being inspirational?
I can't even see him on Battlefield when I play that colour half the time. LOL

j3ly

Smash Champion
you need a dazzle DVC 100. you hook that up between the cube and the TV, and there is another wire you plug into the PC

then you get windows movie maker. open it, record capture. dont press start yet
then you get a programme called AMCap

settings: video capture filter: (scroll down menu) NTSC 433: apply: video capture filter(scroll down): SECAM B: apply. close AMCap.

now press start, and you have tricked windows into thinking its compatible with Dazzle DVC 100.

real nice!

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
you need a dazzle DVC 100. you hook that up between the cube and the TV, and there is another wire you plug into the PC

then you get windows movie maker. open it, record capture. dont press start yet
then you get a programme called AMCap

settings: video capture filter: (scroll down menu) NTSC 433: apply: video capture filter(scroll down): SECAM B: apply. close AMCap.

now press start, and you have tricked windows into thinking its compatible with Dazzle DVC 100.

real nice!
thanks a BUNCH dude!! i get paid next friday so hopefully i can hop to it! my friend and i (he's a young link, zelda, and roy player) want to record our matches for some critique. we're really good, no word of a lie, but we just started playing a couple of months ago so we're always down with people giving us their feedback.
thanks again dude! hopefully i'll be posting my vids up here soon!

anywho, i think we need a mod. do we have one? we need a new guide and video thread. they seem pretty outdated.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
and we need to be more active! i feel like the mario metagame can get pretty far if we all communicate and play more.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i'd write a guide in exchange for people to vouch for me as mod, seein as i check the mario boards 5/6 times a day. i need to make a huge post 2mo or somethin, because there is so much incorrect information in the matchup thread

not even opinion, its just incorrect.

but otherwise looooong for writing a guide

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i'd write a guide in exchange for people to vouch for me as mod, seein as i check the mario boards 5/6 times a day. i need to make a huge post 2mo or somethin, because there is so much incorrect information in the matchup thread

not even opinion, its just incorrect.

but otherwise looooong for writing a guide
i'd vouch for you as mod. you post more on these boards than anybody else here, so it only makes sense. as for the guide, i feel it could be something the best active marios on the boards can put together, so that people that want to learn dont just end up playing like the writer. they can instead pick and choose what they'd like to incorporate from the many different styles of mario we've got haha.

and yeah the matchup thread is pretty hectic haha. i can help with the low tiers, seeing as my friends play low tiers (y.link, roy, zelda, g&w, yoshi) and im sure we can all compromise on the matchups to some level.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
That guide isn't really a 'guide' to Mario.

It's just a general mental aspect of the game.

But yes, input is TOTALLY welcome. :)

I'll pretty much just post it, then people can read it, then I'll adjust things accordingly.

It'll be similar to this...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266567

So... yeah...

lots of writing to do >_>
could be a while lol

And an actual Mario GUIDE would be handy.
Not so much for people to read, but the MAKING process of it could colaberate a lot of good minds to meld together into super Marios. ;)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
And an actual Mario GUIDE would be handy.
Not so much for people to read, but the MAKING process of it could colaberate a lot of good minds to meld together into super Marios. ;)
Your guide (if it was like LLL but w/ Mario as an example) would indeed be only a part of a Mario guide, so I agree there.

As for the Official Mario Guide you're suggesting, who has an Action Replay?

n0ne

Smash Ace
I do. Dont know how to use it with melee though and im too lazy to find out how.. lol
but hey, whats up , maybe ill give it a whirl.

Top Bottom