• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCQ (Smash Con Queso) 09/18/2010, San Antonio TX (BRING SET UPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
But what if we end up with:

• 8 TV's
  • 15 Wii's/Brawl's

I hear what your saying, but that doesn't seem really fair to the owner. (Although unlikely) If every player brought their wii/brawl, there would be no venue fee. I don't think that's a good first impression to the owner :(

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
You could always donate a tv or two to melee >.> Also, if forkgirl is running it, make sure she knows not to start without me :p

Also, I might play Brawl friendlies... <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd rather not have a repeat of Final Smash 9 (or was it 10?).
I was as upset as Nike was.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
I vote the venue fee only be waived for those who bring a full setup.

For Brawl: TV+Wii+Brawl
For Melee: TV+Wii/Cube+Melee+Memory Card

That's just my 2 cents.

Nike.

Smash Hero
What happened?
Venue fee was $12. No discount if you brought a full setup. I brought 2 tv's and a wii/brawl. I knew I wouldn't get a discount so I lived with it.

However, Kyle then used my tv's for tekken. Melee tourney ran on 2 tv's (25ish entrants) and Brawl ran on 4 tv's for the first hour and a half, before we got a total of 7. I housed 20+ and my house alone had more setups than brawl/melee combined. I raged pretty bad and everyone felt robbed of a good tourney.

Santi

Smash Lord
That's why I walked in, licked my hand, and pressed my hand against Vash's <3
Did not pay for venue fee :) and did not pay for singles.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Venue fee was $12. No discount if you brought a full setup. I brought 2 tv's and a wii/brawl. I knew I wouldn't get a discount so I lived with it.

However, Kyle then used my tv's for tekken. Melee tourney ran on 2 tv's (25ish entrants) and Brawl ran on 4 tv's for the first hour and a half, before we got a total of 7. I housed 20+ and my house alone had more setups than brawl/melee combined. I raged pretty bad and everyone felt robbed of a good tourney.
When you have to worry about being out 1300 bucks, that's why we didn't want to risk waiving venue fees because we were worried about not covering our costs. Now that I have real backing on stuff with Alamo Gaming, equipment is a whole lot easier to come by, and we won't have to worry about it in the future.

Still got you a free dinner after all that stuff.

That's why I walked in, licked my hand, and pressed my hand against Vash's <3
Did not pay for venue fee :) and did not pay for singles.
stylin

but not paying for singles? did you still enter? Razer called and wants his 10 bucks lol.

Santi

Smash Lord
Hahah I think I told Razer I didn't pay for singles.

I just grabbed a pen and wrote my name on the list, then went into bracket and had some fun :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
When you have to worry about being out 1300 bucks, that's why we didn't want to risk waiving venue fees because we were worried about not covering our costs. Now that I have real backing on stuff with Alamo Gaming, equipment is a whole lot easier to come by, and we won't have to worry about it in the future.

Still got you a free dinner after all that stuff.
It wasn't about the venue fee I was so upset about. Yea, $12 was alot, but it was still my choice to go.

I was mad that I couldn't even use my equipment for my own game. Melee/Brawl was EXTREMELY lacking in setups. At one point, there were 25 melee players trying to get friendlies on 2 tv's.

"Smashers should bring more setups so that theres more friendlies, not the TO's fault" is not a excuse when my own tv's were used for a different game.

And I got a free dinner because I housed you, drove you back to the venue fee the next day, helped you clean the entire venue, and transfer tables back to gamelot, not for simply donating 2 tv's.

You did, however, give me your brawl discs a few months later and that made up for it <3

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
It wasn't about the venue fee I was so upset about. Yea, $12 was alot, but it was still my choice to go.

I was mad that I couldn't even use my equipment for my own game. Melee/Brawl was EXTREMELY lacking in setups. At one point, there were 25 melee players trying to get friendlies on 2 tv's.

"Smashers should bring more setups so that theres more friendlies, not the TO's fault" is not a excuse when my own tv's were used for a different game.

And I got a free dinner because I housed you, drove you back to the venue fee the next day, helped you clean the entire venue, and transfer tables back to gamelot, not for simply donating 2 tv's.

You did, however, give me your brawl discs a few months later and that made up for it <3
Yeah I can understand bout the TVs thing though. It was a stretch with all the tournaments going on that day. I wish Brawl didn't need 23140438 setups to finish in a reasonable amount of time.

But when are you gonna get your own copy of Brawl again >.> Project M is so delicious.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So do you guys still need another Wii+brawl? I was gonna bring my set up. Only thing I can say about mine is it will have infinite replays for purposes later on involving uploading any matches.

Edit: Laurel, god **** your avatar.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes Bored. We need more Wii+Brawls. Bring yours. I'd appreciate it.

=====

I'm with Nike. I prefer a waived venue fee ONLY for those who supply a TV AND a console+game setup.

=====

@Forkgirl: Were you definitely coming to this? If so, where you going to help manage the Melee side of the tournament?

=====

Okay guys, a few things before the tournament day:

1: Money Matches WILL NOT be tolerated DURING the tournament. If Nike and I (and Max10n and Tofer too, or else) catch ANYONE playing a MM DURING the tournament, you will be immediately kicked off the setup.

Repeat offenders will suffer tournament match forfeits.
NO Money Matches during the tournament, got it?

2: I have been informed that the restaurant kitchen will be shutting down at 7:00 PM sharp. What does this mean? It means that most of the food, if not all of it, will be UNAVAILABLE after 7PM, so make sure you eat sometime before that occurs. If you are going to eat during the event, PLEASE, for the LOVE of GOD inform one of the people that will be helping manage the event (full list as of now below). Also, I ask to please be considerate of the event itself. We don't have much time at the venue to get the events done, so if you're called up while eating, please either finish ASAP, or just toss it in a container so you can eat it afterward. I'll love you forever if you do this.

Drinks will also be reduced to giving out soda cans after the kitchen closes as well, so again, make sure to eat early if you plan on dining in. Oscar also informed me that tacos may still be a possibility, but I wouldn't count on it. Just eat before 7, and there won't be a problem.

There's several dollar places nearby, so if you weren't planning on eating at Los Primos (which is silly :p), then disregard this.

3: These are the people you should contact on tournament day for ANYTHING related to the tournament itself:

- Espy
- Nike
- Maaaaaaaaaan
- Tofer
- Oscar*
- JesusFreak
- Forkgirl (?)
- Geoberos (?)

*Oscar is the man who allowed this tournament to even happen (along with Kyle, of course). He will also be supplying a laptop+TV to help run the events.

Every one of these people will be helping to make sure the tournament runs as fast and as smooth as possible. The sooner we get done, the sooner friendlies, MMs, and other games can happen.

The events will also be running on TWO laptops, one for Brawl and one for Melee, respectively.

4: The following are the current setups confirmed for the event:

TVs:
- Nike (2)
- Paw (1)
- Espy (2)
- Cats&Dogs (1)
- Big Boss (1)
- Sync (1)
- Oscar (1)
=====
Total: 9

Wii+Brawl:
- Nike (1)
- Paw (1)
- Espy (1)
- Cats&Dogs (1)
- Big Boss (1)
- Sync (1)
- Bored (1)
- UTDZac (1)
- Tofer (1)
=====
Total: 9

Power Strips:
- Nike (5)
- Espy (2)
- Cats&Dogs (1)
=====
Total: 8

Gamecube+Melee (+MemoryCard):
- Nike (1)
- JesusFreak (1)
=====
Total: 2

In case you missed it, we currently have MORE televisions than Brawl setups. We need more. San Antonio, I KNOW there's several of you who can do this. PLEASE respond ASAP so we can get everything here cemented.

Also, there's still nothing wrong with having MORE TV+Console setups! If you can bring one, please do so. Power Strips shouldn't be a problem (I'll also drag along some extension cables).

Oh, and we're gonna need more Melee setups than just one. lol.

=====

C'mon guys, let's all pitch in and run one hell of a tournament!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Whatever works for you, Zac.
I'm sure San Antonio has no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom