• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit 5 (1/30/10) Results on first page and THANKS FOR COMING

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I am disappoint.

My car: should we still seek housing with The Dunk or search for Irvine-area housing?

RichBrown

Smash Master
Are you ****ing serious

This went from a half hour drive to an hour and a half drive

idk if it's even worth it at this point

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the venue looks nice...

from that video anyway

but it doesn't solve the size question since we don't know which room is being used.

MacD

Banned via Administration
lollolololololol, jason, never ever ever offer up someone's house unless you have already talked to them and they told you it was alright

especially with where zhu is living right now

MacD

Banned via Administration
the venue is on the like north side of irvine, like 20+ min closer than stab's tournies, and it's right off the 55

and it's like 45 min from burbank to the venue so lies practice man

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
I'm so disappointed that i had to exaggerate a half hour to express rage

asdfghjkl;

no venue's not cheaper

they just moved the venue to a spot thats cheaper for the hosts

D

Deleted member

if u fully read champs post hes trying to lower the venue fee

KikoMePlease

Smash Journeyman
I'm so disappointed that i had to exaggerate a half hour to express rage

asdfghjkl;

no venue's not cheaper

they just moved the venue to a spot thats cheaper for the hosts
I feel ya bro. It was all going perfect for me, this last minute venue change really fuked me in the butthole.

Whatever, I'm done complaining.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
So ****ing gay. I'll try to go but the venue fee MUST be lowered if they decided to change the venue last minute.

Otherwise, they just pulled a ***** move for no reason.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
socal is just as stupid as ever

good stuff champ, you are the greatest

my shrooms connect is no more so it looks like my saturday is open =)

i am taking money matches with my fox, sheik and marth... and non-ranked players can mm my falco (it's still a baby! zoo can you teach me how to combo?)

SuperRad

Smash Master
i might be too broke and too chicken **** to MM stab. i forgot i have to buy books and pay for classes!

i dont care if we house at the dunks or not if we can find equally as awesome housing in irvine [which is doubtful, irvine sux]

sheridan talk to me on aim sometime soon about this trip, thanks

JDM

Smash Champion
have u actually checked the venue i hope its not a trash venue that sucks major **** compared to the one in burbank
Dear Attendees,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience but our venue has been changed yet again. Unfortunately, up until yesterday, we had an agreement and contract signed with Burbank Holiday Inn, and at the last minute they decided that due to it being an event catering to children, they were going to charge us much more than originally agreed, and kick us out at 9pm.

Now, as we all know that is completely impossible, so we worked extremely hard the last 48 hours to find another solution and by what can only be defined as a miracle, we found one and our new venue turned out to be much much much better! We've already paid, done the contract stuff, and its secure so there won't be any more changes!!!!

We will be located at the Marshall Reddick Learning Center in Irvine. (1691 Kettering, Irvine CA)

Though this is more than likely an inconvenience to many of you, we're very sorry, and hope that you all understand that getting a venue that will allow a gaming event, and allow the space till late hours, with a majority of attendees under-age is nearly impossible in the Southern California area and we did everything we could to prevent having to cancel this tournament. Thank you for putting up with these last minute changes and we hope to see you all this Saturday.

The Venue is a 2,700sqft space, with a surround sound system, a projector screen, and no worries about power issues =)

We will have wireless internet in the venue, so for those who can, please feel free to bring livestream equipment!!

Looking forward to seeing you all this Saturday!!!!

Sincerely,
SCSA staff

GSUB

Smash Lord
by what can only be defined as a miracle
Dang @_@ I almost didn't even post that suggestion. I'm glad I did though.
So for people hating on me for recommending the venue, it doesn't even look like there was gonna be a tourney at all if it wasn't for this one.

I'm glad I had at least one good post in my life on SWF.

Lovage

Smash Hero
if the venue gets moved to irvine and the venue fee stays the same i'll just stay at dunks that weekend

im fine with the venue if the fee goes down tho

nublet06

Smash Lord
bleeeeehhh. i hope people still go to this. soooo faaarrr .

i have a question. any smashers live within 20 minutes of this have housing for me and my friend friday night?

we are both pretty **** good and would be solid training for you no doubt. ive been playing for ages and think ive been ranked as high as 7th or 9th in socal at one point.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
And for half the price of the burbank one?
we'll see about that! I hope the venue fee drops

champ you got this

Also... how the heck did the holiday inn raise prices for you guys? You didn't confirm the date and price? Or what lol

They're just like "oh nevermind you guys gotta pay double now" at the last second?

I'm pretty sure either the hosts didn't confirm the details with them or you guys aren't arguing with them...

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone, there were a few things I thought I'd sort out on smashboards.

Yes, venue was changed. It's still costing the same as the burbank hotel was originally going to charge before they tried to increase. The big difference is our NEW venue comes with and allows things that the hotel was going to prohibit. We're not making any more profit just because it's a new place. It's equally as expensive, but more flexible in regards to noise, the age of people attending, eating food inside, how late we can be there, parking, etc.

We've heard that there have been some complaints about the cost for melee.
To straighten things out, the venue fee HAS to be what it is for us to break even, but the cost of singles and doubles for melee is flexible as all the money goes into the pot and we take none of it.

The only reason we increased the event costs was because we felt if you guys had to pay a little more for venue the least would could do was bump everything up so the prize money would make it more worthwhile. We're sorry if this has presented a problem.

Also we want to let you all know we have an official staff this time around and people designated to run melee, and make it just as important as brawl. Not a side event; same with Smash 64.

There will be appropriate space, tables, chairs, power to accommodate everyone this time around, and we're looking forward to seeing you all there.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to email us at scsastaff@gmail.com.

We've had a lot of bad luck with venues, but we're trying our best to acknowledge and accommodate to all the constructive criticism people have offered. We hope we continue to have the communities support, and thank you all for sticking through with all the changes!

Hopefully, See you all Saturday!

Top Bottom