• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ness's pk flash is about 1/10 as good as it was in vMelee. Just bc u dont know how to use it doesnt mean it needs to go and get changed. It now serves the same purpose as pk thunder and isnt rewarding at all.

How many characters could you hit with original PK flash? falcon/ganon/DK/Bowser? characters with TERRIBLE recovery options. you can now hit almost all characters with it now.

it's does more damage and has less lag than PK thunder and is comboable. I don't see how you can say it isn't rewarding as PK thunder when IF its used in the same position, flash is better.

Game and watch's nair is worse than vMelee it seems, and with the stupid changes to f-air he is lacking an aerial KO move.

Why only sheiks CG and now ALL CGs, or at least all the top tier characters?
nair is the same strength but L-cancelable. but you're right I forgot about G&W fair. we thought he could use a combo move. so we gave him one

and we nerfed sheik's CG because she CGs all low tiers and that's a major factor as to why they can't be played. no other high tier can do that. unless you think ganon's grab is as devestating as sheiks[/quote][/quote]

RAZE

Smash Rookie
im still in disagreement about PK flash, the main person ive been smashing with for 8+ yrs has mained Ness for 4+ of those years and ive been hit 100+ times by a fully charged PK flash as EVERY CHARACTER. i think youve taken all the "gimmick" and "fun" of PK flash. it has a nerfed FEEL to it, regardless of the application or opponent character.

If i get a chance today i'm going to compare G&W's nair strength values, bc im fairly certain it was improperly reverted. personally i feel G&W had fun and gimmicky combos, and most of his changes were good and helped his overall gameplay. the key meteor is too much IMO. theres no special way to land it or meteor "opening" so just holding it out over the ledge is very very potent and too easy to give that rewarding feeling.

i understand the sheik change now and i appreciate you spelling it out for me. no ganon's grab isnt OP... i guess i should be addressing this point from another angle: why is CG bad? bc there is no counter? what about shine? what other move could win a 4stock match in 4 moves with 0 rebuttal?

my point is: there ARE overpowered aspects of the game. there are checkmates that top tier characters can perform too easily. no matter how much u buff other characters, they wont be able to compete unless the overpowered mechanics of top tier characters (CGs, shine, spikes) are nerfed.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
shine doesn't invalidate the low tiers as much as Sheik does.

and no other CG affects all low tiers

darkatma

Smash Hero
I think SDR's way to fix sheik's cg is much better than P:M's method. At least you don't invalidate her throw->aerial punish game.

Anyways I'll take no part in discussing low tier changes. Suffice to say the game would not be as fun or as rewarding if the high tiers were simply nerfed.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
bc "checkmates" arent fun. endless off level shinanigans are fun.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
i think you guys have too much personally invested in the high tier characters. when you say "they wont play it bc it wont be fun", all i read is, "i wont play that bc i play that character". they were nerfed in PAL and they are STILL played.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Raze, you're free to make your own game designed to let your friend hit you with PK-Bolt 1000 times over. For the rest of us though, we'd greatly enjoy low tiers that can combo and have depth in metagame. Part of the fun of creating combos with low tiers is to see how they hold up to par.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
do we play PAL?
my point is that, given a 2nd chance to release the game, sakurai nerfed certain things. even the top tier characters! and it didnt effect if ppl enjoyed or even played that character. the only reason im getting back for not nerfing characters is that "ppl wont like it", but its happened already once and guess what, ppl didnt hate it. i think its really close minded of the project to take the stance that there is nothing wrong with top tier and that moves with 0 counter are fair and ok and even tho the low tier characters dont possess these mechanics, somehow making moves hit disproportionally strong is some sort of band-aid for a problem stemming from high tier, not low tier.

Stevo

Smash Champion
i think you guys have too much personally invested in the high tier characters. when you say "they wont play it bc it wont be fun", all i read is, "i wont play that bc i play that character". they were nerfed in PAL and they are STILL played.
I play Kirby, Ness, Pichu, etc in SD Remix.
No trouble keeping up with the high tiers + also it is really fun.

I see no problems.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my point is that, given a 2nd chance to release the game, sakurai nerfed certain things. even the top tier characters! and it didnt effect if ppl enjoyed or even played that character. the only reason im getting back for not nerfing characters is that "ppl wont like it", but its happened already once and guess what, ppl didnt hate it. i think its really close minded of the project to take the stance that there is nothing wrong with top tier and that moves with 0 counter are fair and ok and even tho the low tier characters dont possess these mechanics, somehow making moves hit disproportionally strong is some sort of band-aid for a problem stemming from high tier, not low tier.
you have no idea on the effects of PAL on players because neither region got both versions.We got NTSC 1.0-1.2. and that's what we're sticking with

and from what I've heard, people in europe who have played on NTSC prefer it over PAL

darkatma

Smash Hero
ITT: play PM
P:M is fun for the new mechanics it introduces, but it's restoration of old characters into a new mechanic is strained at best. Nothing beats the feel of Melee physics. P:M may never be able to replicate fully because it's on the brawl engine: just because numbers are ported over the same doesn't mean the brawl engine will treat them the same.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Could someone check the v.2.0 Dolphin/ISO file released for public use? Whoever made the file must've botched it, because I'm comparing to the changelist and there are a lot of different things. (PS doesn't transform, DL wind still works, Yoshi can't jump out of shield, samus doesn't lose charge shot).

I don't know who works on the project now, but help would be appreciated.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Could someone check the v.2.0 Dolphin/ISO file released for public use? Whoever made the file must've botched it, because I'm comparing to the changelist and there are a lot of different things. (PS doesn't transform, DL wind still works, Yoshi can't jump out of shield, samus doesn't lose charge shot).

I don't know who works on the project now, but help would be appreciated.
Do you mean the ISO I sent?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just double checked: the DVD .zip on the first post has the same .dol as the DML package. You must have forgotten to replace Start.dol/main.dol (name varies depending on program).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ah the dol file.. didn't know that made a difference for specific character's movesets.
the dol. contains the Frame speed modifiers and Mechanics of the game.

dreamland wind
PS transformation
Yoshi shield

these are in game mechanics. not really movesets.

darkatma

Smash Hero
the dol. contains the Frame speed modifiers and Mechanics of the game.

dreamland wind
PS transformation
Yoshi shield

these are in game mechanics. not really movesets.
Ah, interesting. So I wouldn't be able to replace the dol file to one without the L cancel/shieldstun flashes unless I got another SDR dol file. Also what file is sheik's dthrow change in? I plan to keep the top 6 character vanilla, since I don't CG anyways.

Edit: Is it PlSk.dat?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yup, it's in PlSk.dat.

If you don't want the flash, you will have to use the official one from the first post and burn a new disc.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a little issue with my SDHC 32GB SD Card. I'd like to format it in FAT format but it seems to be impossible. What should I do ? Is FAT32 really not compatible ?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Go there, click the pic, you'll download a program that formats things bigger than 4gigs to FAT32.
But I though you needed FAT for SD cards?

Also, I still get lots of freezes even with Novi's iso. One in particular is when landing with fox's up air, it has happened both with his iso and with one I made myself from a download and the files on the foest page. Doesn't happen everytime, but I've had it happen to me nearly a dozen times now, often responsible for many freezes in a row. I'm sure the longer I play the more specific instances I'll note (Yink's bow and either Kirby's or Roy's landing animations may be another one for me). Really sucks cuz my friends and I often give up on playing solely because of constamt freezes :( DIOS MIOS also crashes and freezes on startup so much (3/4 times is a fair estimate) that at some point we stop being patient enough to load the game back up again. Unfortunately, that freeze also happens with most GC games...

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I can already format my SD card to FAT32 on Windows, but it's the only thing I can do. That's the problem, if I need FAT for SD cards, how can I use my 32Gb SD Card on DIOS MIOS if I can't format it in FAT ?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Food, I'm pretty sure either your wii or SD card is the problem still. If you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling stuff then I suggest buying a $5 2GB SANDISK SD and using that. If that still doesn't work, your there is something wrong with your wii and there is nothing we can do

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Haven't tried reinstalling DIOS MIOS, i'll probably have a go at that sometime soon.
Just seems a little weird that the SAME THINGS would cause it to freeze when the DM install was the problem tho.

Moth101

Smash Rookie
Downloaded and tried this out. It's really fun and the modded maps you included are cool. I prefer the direction you guys took on a couple of melee characters to the ones in project m. Like ganondorf, zelda and young link. I have not played all the characters enough yet to give more feedback yet however. One question though, does the debug menu do anything I should know about or if I'm just there to play the game do I not need to bother with it?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
so i'm trying to switch to dios mios lite on sd card from using the dvd option and i read this line right here:
t also assumes you've nevered installed any cIOS onto your Wii. If you have, then you probably don't need to consult this in the first place.

will i have issues if i follow the guide for sdcard/usb directly if i have installed cIOS stuff on my wii before? im pretty sure i have but i don't remember any details because i just followed a guide.

Top Bottom