• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS presents: Virginia Johns and the Temple of DOOM 7! SoVA bi-weeklies! 10/24

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
the SoVA Department of Sanitation presents:
Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM 7

SoVA bi-weeklies!

Sunday, Oct. 24th.

holy crap were already at 7!? i saw that some new people came last week, hopefully we can keep it up. i made some fliers and ive started handing them out. ill have some with me on sunday if anyone wants to take any.

What?
brawl bi-weeklies hosted by SDS!

1400 Kempsville Rd Suite 132
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone (757) 819-7913

When?

Sunday Oct. 24th.
Registration 2PM
Tourney Starts at 3PM
they close up the store at 8pm
We will start with Singles, and then do Doubles/some kind of fun side tourney (time permitted of course)

Set-ups
Tower of Games - 4 wiis, 2 brawl
DOOM+ - tv, brawl
omgh4x - 2 tvs, wii, brawl

Fees

$3 Venue
$5 Singles
$2 per person for Doubles/side tourney

Payout
60/30/10

Rules

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen using the stage strike method.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Jungle Japes

-Stock sharing allowed
-Team attack on

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Attendance/interested list

omgh4x
d3son!
DOOM
D0n
kokim
rubberbandman
Geno
/
D1AOS

H4X's cell: 757-636-8237
call me with questions and stuff

Randy McRanderson

Smash Rookie
I make the best Jankum.

I've seen DooM+ eat a WiiMote, if you value your controller, keep it away from him!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
not like minus!!!??? lol thats me.

seeing toastys back, id rather invest my time in melee

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
speaking of which...who the hell is running the tournament in NN on the 24th? It sure as hell ain't me...I hope someone has given those guys a legit ruleset and has talked to them...pleeease do so ASAP before it's too late and they say "oh, well...we'll do that next time" like at Hi Score

It's still worth it to invest time in Melee, though.

I might just have a small $2 tourney at Zion's house or something.

I think that'd be dope for everyone to have fun with it and not feel so pressured about spending $10+ "when you know you're gonna lose"

Bringin it back to the glory days of SoVa, baby!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yeee 2 dolla is where its at!

toasty dont go to NN and come hang with us sunday!

but ya i vote smash 64 side tourney
inb4no

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
wut man you can't just inb4no me!

I might have to work Sunday...we'll see

But yeah, tryin to get some ODU kids back in and we're recruiting straight up NEW people!!!!!!

I've been showing some newbies at ODU vids of Axe/Mango/Dr. Peepee/and some others and it's working well =D

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
lol i was inb4no-ing the 64 side event.

but you should still feel the guilt of me inb4no-ing you about coming, and come! :D

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll play in the 64 tourney. should i bring my wii with smash64 or are we playing on an actual 64 system?

Top Bottom