• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS presents: Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM 4! 9/12

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
the SoVA Department of Sanitation presents:
Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM 4

SoVA bi-weeklies!

Sunday, Sep. 12th.

eeehhhyyyooo! so word on the street is that last ToD had a few complications. i heard there was a serious lack of brawl disks, and that a group of 8 left because things were taking too long. if we want this to grow, we have to show we want it to.

so post if youre bringing a set up or a tv or anything that can help. my laptops been broken for a while now, so i havent been able to run things as smoothly. COCM said hed bring in his computer so we can use tio.

im also in the process of making a flier to advertise the bi weeklies at game stores and ect.

so were on 4 now guys, lets make this next one smooth and well attended!

HYPE plz

What?
brawl bi-weeklies hosted by SDS!

1400 Kempsville Rd Suite 132
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone (757) 819-7913

When?

Sunday Sep. 12th.
Registration 2PM
Tourney Starts at 3PM
they close up the store at 8pm
We will start with Singles, and then do Doubles (time permitted of course)

Set-ups
Tower of Games - 4 wiis, 2 brawl
omgh4x - 2 tvs, wii and brawl
Wretched - brawl
DOOM+ - brawl

Fees

$3 Venue
$5 Singles
$4 Doubles (per team)

Payout
60/30/10

Rules

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen using the stage strike method.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Jungle Japes

-Stock sharing allowed
-Team attack on

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Attendance/interested list

omgh4x
d3son!
DOOM
kokim
D0N
Famous
D1AOS
Wretched
Genosync
THE DASHING KNIGHT!!!!!!

H4X's cell: 757-636-8237
call me with questions and stuff

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll post the stages that doom wants tonight. =P. anyone wanna play?

D0N

Smash Ace
Change the nuetrals back the way the were before (with FD). If you change anything play araound with the CP stages.

I should be there

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Saw the invite, would love to attend, but its just too far for a sunday drive without a guranteed large turnout. Sorry folks

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Haha dashing
you be silly
you're going to be saying "haha, u sooo madd" because everyone feels trolled.

DooM+

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the mix up last time guys...the store itself is suppose to be getting 2 copies of brawl just for the tourny and now i have 1 also. So 3 brawls and 4 wiis are always there from now on...

also neutrals are always up for switch, this depends on everyones post and wat everyone is interested in doing. just post ur wants for netruals and cp's and this sunday we will post this tournys neutrals and cps...

Top Bottom