• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings III: Money/Power/Resets! Columbus, OH -Oct. 18/19 - '08

YiffyBaro

Smash Cadet
Oh snap. Time to show those MKs what bottom tier can do.

Brian Murphy / GENTLEMEN
Plain City, Ohio
Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Soul Calibur IV (If infinites aren't banned), 3rd Strike, MvC 2

King~

Smash Champion
fowards going but hes not playing melee? and melee needs more people

i wana go but i need a ride(anyone from NE ohio going)

Just in case

Chase Henderson/King or Yosh
Twinsburg, OH
Brawl singles

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Actually, put me down for Guilty Gear, too.
I just started playing, so I'm atrocious, but I might as well enter if I'm going to be there.

soap

Smash Hero
o snap there is melee singles + doubles? since we have a whole day could we do singles pools, or maybe run a third event? BTW who is running the brawl+melee this year with NO MATHOS!

forward

Smash Champion
lol sup guys i am going to be there
i was wondering though if someone can help me out with airport transportation and housing. if no one can house me i'll be willing to pitch in on a hotel room.
plus i was supposed to team with AZ for teams in melee/brawl but i haven't heard from him. soap, you are the sheik playing jew, right? wanna team?

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
bring a few set ups and melee can happen all day on sun. all 4 hotels near the venue have SOLD OUT. so please make other arrangements. u have 7 days to register.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Forward, if AZ doesnt house you I can. I can probably provide transportation depending on work situations and when you get here/leave. Are you coming with anyone else?

2-tone, I don't think I can go both days unless i magically happen to have both days off lol. I only requested the 18th off, but I usually don't work sundays so who knows.

soap

Smash Hero
i was wondering though if someone can help me out with airport transportation and housing. if no one can house me i'll be willing to pitch in on a hotel room.
plus i was supposed to team with AZ for teams in melee/brawl but i haven't heard from him. soap, you are the sheik playing jew, right? wanna team?
lol, ya thats me. i dont have space to house u but i can pick u up from the airport, what day u get in? quivo lives across the street from me.

ill team, u playing melee? i suck at brawl though cuz i never play, when i do have scarce time to play videogames id rather jus play melee. quivo is good at brawl though

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman

I am playing with Forward in Brawl Teams. I will be flying out there too (from Mesa, Arizona). I can bring recording equipment for matches etc. Yeah housing would be GREAT but if nothing else I can share a hotel room with anyone if you are down (I will sleep on the floor I don't mind).

soap

Smash Hero
I am playing with Forward in Brawl Teams. I will be flying out there too (from Mesa, Arizona). I can bring recording equipment for matches etc. Yeah housing would be GREAT but if nothing else I can share a hotel room with anyone if you are down (I will sleep on the floor I don't mind).
u +forward should get in touch with quivo, + pm me your numbers and flight time if you need airport transportation, u guys are flying into Port Columbus right? cuz there are a few airports in the area

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
u +forward should get in touch with quivo, + pm me your numbers and flight time if you need airport transportation, u guys are flying into Port Columbus right? cuz there are a few airports in the area
I will talk to Quivo. We are thinking of showing up on Friday (Or at least I am) sometime in the afternoon (I will check flights in a bit). Columbus is the closest airport? If there is a more convenient one I can take that one too. I will talk to Forward too to see what we are going to do. Thank you so much!

clowsui

Smash Legend
OH SNAP
forward beezle
please play some falco at season's beatings
unfortunately i can't come because i have marching band
i'd invite you guys down for a smashfest but you're only coming for that weekend =(

soap

Smash Hero
I will talk to Quivo. We are thinking of showing up on Friday (Or at least I am) sometime in the afternoon (I will check flights in a bit). Columbus is the closest airport? If there is a more convenient one I can take that one too. I will talk to Forward too to see what we are going to do. Thank you so much!
ya CMH is the closest

eyes of the savage horses...cool name

Impp

Smash Ace
Is there like a time scheduled for melee singles/doubles? Or is someone supposed to step up from Smashboards, and run the melee tourney, and pick a time slot or something?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Forward: I can house you (but can't pick you up from airport), but I think I'll be teaming with Quivo (I had assumed you would team with someone better than me, ROFL). Basically you can have a warm bed for 2 nights if you need it, I'll just sleep at my gfs.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
This event is going to sky rocket. I just have a feeling something epic is going to happen within those glorious days of brawl/melee.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Hopefully I'll be there.

Jake/Tyr
Cincinnati, OH
Brawl Singles, (maybe doubles too?)

Wish I could stay for Melee on sunday but I have to get home. Hopefully get in a few friendlies.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, it might be best if you crash at AZ's for now. I was going to go into work and see my schedule for next weekend.

clowsui

Smash Legend
forward are you sure you can't come a week early or something and chill with midwest? :p

(actually i just want to have more good players at my weekly and put more pressure on quivo to come :/)

speaking of which AZ if Q can come are you coming on sunday? i'm pretty sure i can hold an event that day...maybe not though

QUIVO

Smash Master
you should just ask your parents if you could cancel the monthly and come up here to columbus
i doubt theyd go for it, especially with a 20 dollar venue fee.

QUIVO

Smash Master
i can actually house/pick you guys up if az/soap dont. I don't work thursday, friday or saturday. Sweeeeeeet

soap

Smash Hero
u have a car qui? also lets play friday afternoon again, but earlier around like 1:30-2:00? thats like my best day of the week to play, i think i found enough for some doubles

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
If anyone with credible bracket experience would like to run Brawl on sat please pm me. One of my runners may not make it. .there is an incentive.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Forward: I can house you (but can't pick you up from airport), but I think I'll be teaming with Quivo (I had assumed you would team with someone better than me, ROFL). Basically you can have a warm bed for 2 nights if you need it, I'll just sleep at my gfs.
Would you be able to house me too? I will also be coming from Arizona and arriving with Forward. I can sleep on the floor. I just need a roof honestly :p PM and let me know if it is possible. also 480-323-6091 that is for anyone that is me, dookdigity aka Mike Green.

clembo2021

Smash Rookie
This is exciting and a little scary. This'll be my first smash tourney (I can't pass it up since it's in my hometown...), and it looks like there'll be a lot of good players.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, I've got a car. I should be able to play around the time you mentioned.

Also, Forward or Dook, if AZ can't.. I can house you both. I have like 1 couch and a love seat. The love seat might be hard to sleep on though. AZ's is pretty chill and he has high street next to him, which has like 230000000 restaurants on it.

BTW, is Momo's walking distance from AZ's? I'm pretty sure it's not from mine/Soap's. If not, I could probably drive AZ + arizona guys and amy if she comes.

soap

Smash Hero
first where exactly is AZ's new place, hes not still on woodruff right? and ya u COULD walk, but i wouldnt, its all the way down lane then 1/2 mile down olentangy, cool so you can drive them to the venue saturday? cuz i might jus go on sunday

Top Bottom