• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seasons Beatings IV: New Crack City - Results!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Oops.... meant to say:

@Champ: Inui actually has some sort of reason to visit this thread due to the fact that he won last year's Season's Beatings Tournament.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes, this is Sombra (my name on here is my screenname). Anyway, I had a good time. It was my first tourney. I hope to attend more. But sadly, my home is in Huntington WV. Keep me updated on any news of tourneys I will try to make it to any I can. I'll be much better next time. :-) I hope to play more people next time. To the snakes out there... I'll be ready next time. Haha

Gnes

Smash Master
Im not being cocky jus saying don't come in a thread you had nothing to do with and say you would of won.

2nd. Teams? Of course you like teams your a Metaknight :bigthumbu
Diddys better in teams than metaknight

*FORBIDDEN STATEMENT!!!!*

Good job winning teams AZ, and whos this kel guy. Seems kind of cool to me.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! It seemed like everyone who came had a great time. It's great to host Smash, which always runs with NO problems thanks to AZ, who is THE BEST.

Apologies again on the increased venue fee this year, but after looking at our numbers even a $20 venue fee would have put us in the RED. And we are pretty good organizers by now, haha, we aren't throwing piles of cash around for no reason. We super appreciate all the Smash guys who came out, knowing that Justin/Daigo and SFIV weren't big draws for them, and supported us anyway and had a great time. And even though it was a $10 increase from last year, it puts us even with Final Round, and $5 over MWC/NEC, so we hope Smash players can understand the situation.

I was looking for feedback about the Smash area, and it sounded like that worked out really well for you guys. I hope everyone was happy.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Hey guys! It seemed like everyone who came had a great time. It's great to host Smash, which always runs with NO problems thanks to AZ, who is THE BEST.

Apologies again on the increased venue fee this year, but after looking at our numbers even a $20 venue fee would have put us in the RED. And we are pretty good organizers by now, haha, we aren't throwing piles of cash around for no reason. We super appreciate all the Smash guys who came out, knowing that Justin/Daigo and SFIV weren't big draws for them, and supported us anyway and had a great time. And even though it was a $10 increase from last year, it puts us even with Final Round, and $5 over MWC/NEC, so we hope Smash players can understand the situation.

I was looking for feedback about the Smash area, and it sounded like that worked out really well for you guys. I hope everyone was happy.
There's gotta be a compromise somewhere in price vs attendance that can get you the most venue money. Didn't we have more last year? Or did it seem like we had less due to better organization.

Like most of our Smash events are 10 bucks at the most, but then again we also have more tournaments frequently.

This isn't meant to be critical, I would like to help you guys find a solution though. SB has always been a blast every year.

Kel

Smash Master
whos this kel guy. Seems kind of cool to me.
I can be...

Ghaleon! I didn't really see you at the tournament!

Smash felt kind of cramped and inferior but it still worked out in the end. I enjoyed myself. Is Daigo from Nagoya? I heard you guys say something about a Nagoya tournament. If he's from Nagoya then I've probably seen him playing SF4 at arcades in Japan when I was living there. I wanted to talk to him but never got the chance.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
I think Daigo is from some part of Tokyo -- I don't know much about Tokyo though :p If you know some Japanese he def would have liked to talk for a bit. But yeah Kel, I was pretty busy all Saturday. Sunday I actually got to hang out and watch all the Top 8 though, which was a nice first.

Smash felt inferior? Just let me know what you guys need for next year (since we are prob doing SB5). You can be critical, we def appreciate real feedback.

P.S. If anyone left anything at the venue, shoot me a PM and we'll get it back to you.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think Kel was at the previous years. This was definately more space than SBII and SBIII. Not as much as SBI (which was the same space as SBII) but that is only because SBII had more non-Smash people then SBI (when I think Smash was the biggest turnout and/or second biggest).

M@v

Subarashii!
Blue Rogue's too good. I need to learn the Wario matchup vs a GOOD Wario(there are no good Warios in Pennsylvania :()

Top Bottom