• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries for Diddy Mainers

TDAP

Smash Cadet
I use DK as my main, but Diddy as my secondary. I lterally play every single character so I am good for match-ups i just gotta learn them

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok I fought a Falco against my Diddy and I lost. His reflector reflects your banana when you throw it BEHIND HIM. So I countered with G&W, beat him. Then I was in a pickle because he got the counterpick on me next round and I had to stay G&W so he beat me with DK. All that is said I can't afford to lose to falco the first round.
Btw was this offline? Falco is a 100-0 matchup against diddy kong on wifi. Offline it's 45-55 against diddy seriously

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Played Chillins Falco yesterday.

Match up isn't that bad-just pretend you approach like Melee Peach.

If you didn't play Melee Peach then you have a problem-though Brawl Peach is similar...

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
DEHF and SK92 have similar styles. They bothe have diffrent approaces than one another though. If you try to approach falcos via melee style peach. it, it doesnt work for me. Ic for me are just fun and technical so i love them xD lets see what i can get out of this thread eventually. ill be posting my results and try to find out some other stuff based off these.

AZ, come to WC and have fun xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
Marth because he has good match ups against all of diddy's bad match ups and he isn't meta knight.
I don't think diddy needs backup for any matchup other than maybe falco. Maybe olimar if the player gives you a seriously hard time...

white peachy

Smash Ace
I try and mindgame him into throwing out the reflector then rolling through or reverse glide tossing away from it. Falco isn't as bad as I originally thought. He's really fun to combo to hell too.:laugh:

EDIT: I suck *** against Olimar. I really don't like that matchup at all.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I try and mindgame him into throwing out the reflector then rolling through or reverse glide tossing away from it. Falco isn't as bad as I originally thought. He's really fun to combo to hell too.:laugh:

EDIT: I suck *** against Olimar. I really don't like that matchup at all.
Falco can be an even matchup if you don't get grabbed below 40, handle the reflector well, uair his jab combos, and space yourself. He's light and you can kill him at decent percents. Olimar is a pain in the ***, approaching him is very difficult. The only thing I can tell you is grab alot, side step alot, and don't make mistakes. Grabbing gives you time to regain control of your bananas and puts him in a vunerable position and out of his great defense that he is notorious for having against diddy.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wolf, DK, Wario, and Marth. DK is too good for everythang, so I had to use him and Wario is amazingly lulz worthy. Still not 100% on Marth though, I haven't used him in an actual tourney so I don't know how I'd fair with him (I play mostly friendlies with him).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i guess GW and Pit are my secondarys

but thats cause i used GW in melee anyway, and Pit is fun. Not to fight against any particular matchup

most of the time, your secondary-level character isnt going to beat someone's main if theyre actually good in a tourney. While, for example, GW counters falco, you cant believe that your secondary GW is better than the GW mains that falco have already faught. Just cause you go your secondary GW against sk92 doesnt mean you'll do any better. People should learn matchups with their main first, since they'll learn it the fastest, and if all possibilities are exhausted, only then find someone only for countering purposes. IF you have the paitence to learn the diddy matchup with falco, then you can pretty much learn anything else needed to stay diddy.

i would like to get my pit and GW up to the same level as my diddy. While I know matchups better with Diddy, there are some fights i'd rather not be diddy for. And if i didnt use diddy in those particular fights now, i'd probably get owned cause their mains > my secondarys even it counters them (lawl falcos probably **** my GW)

AZ, we have to meet at the philadelphia tourney in february. I plan to come to it. I also plan to stuff my face of cheesesteaks :laugh:

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
I tend to play all characters but my secondaries are metaknight, snake, and yoshi.

Metaknight just *****, snake can takeover stages quickly and yoshi... is yoshi (sex kick).

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Sheik is my secondary now, originally I mained her, jsut went over to diddy 'cause he's so much fun.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Marth/D3/Falco/Fox/FALCON

I switch based on playing styles and how I'm doing.
Diddy if I'm thinking really well and doin well with the bananas
Falcon for quickpaced thinking and good accuracy (especially with the F-air) as well as mindgames/big characters.
Marth if I'm sucking and wanna spam missed f-air->fsmash..
The rest are just counter picks.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
err, i originally secondaried toon link, thought he was a boring character to play, went to IC, didn't learn cgs, so I went to GAW, and I kind of alt GAW sometimes. I'm trying to pick up Marth, but I think he's kind of a boring character to play, although he does nicely cover a lot of Diddy's bad matchups.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If u think about it to apporach diddy you approach from above. But against G&W thats the worst way to approach him since his up b is invincible. So you can confuse your opponent that way. However G&W dosn't do too well against Marth so hes not the best secondary for diddy. Hes a good counter for Falco though.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Diddy is more of my secondary "main" main (Well I have 4 mains technically I have 2 "main" mains(Wolf and Diddy) and 2 "secondary" mains(Falco and DK), but based on skill but on how much I use them, I don't really count them as secondaries but I guess they can be, but my secondary is the random buttom)

I confuse myself. To get to the point, I use Wolf, Falco, and Dk as "secondaries" to my diddy. Why? Well I don't know I just do.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
My secondary would be Marth because I used him in Melee, and well... he's fruity. I like Toon Link and Sonic too, I get bored playing Game & Watch.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Majini, I live in Laurel too :)
And Falco seems to be the opposite of Diddy (camping rather than throwing bananas and rushing for combos), so I'd think that would be a good secondary. And a ton of stages that DK fares well on, Diddy doesn't, and Falco seems to outrange DK substantially.

Warfie

Smash Rookie
this is what i figure.... Diddy's Worst match-ups are Falco,and R.O.B. Diddy's tough match-up's are Pit,Peach, and of course MK. now vs Diddy's tough mathcj-up's a CP isn't always necessary if played smart, with proper banana control these matches are "winnable". Now vs a GOOD Falco and R.O.B. these are not favorable toward diddy. My suggestion is to second pit who has no problems with these two characters. Not to mention whenever you go to a tournament and ppl see you playing diddy most people will try to send you to Rain "BLOW" curise or norfair, and guess who has wings! if you master theses two charcters who can counter pick you, character or map. But i will say that you can never go wrong with making MK your second because he dosen't have a bad match-up but he's stupid and i refuse to do that.LOL.

Top Bottom