• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm telling you, no one expects jiggs

AAP

Smash Journeyman
yea having a character you're comfortable with/is compatible with your playstyle is certainly food for thought when picking a secondary.

I agree i find peach easy as well, but i can certainly understand someone finding her awkward. Ideally a secondary wouldn't be a super popular character, but if you haven't got the interest in learning a complex character getting decent with a common character may be the solution.

I've thought about trying some ZSS but she just doesn't do it for me as much as other characters. Ultimately for me it still comes down to whether i like playing as them or not.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
jiggs is sooooooooo hard to use though.
her best moves are her bair and her sideb.
rest isnt even that good for killing anymore, and if you miss with it, gg

for me, lucario is the secondary. he's similar to DK with his massive range, he's got a better air game with massive combos, low lag attacks and several killing options.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
does jiggs have the worst grab release in the game? I though so.....
What can be done from a grab release?

I was trying Jiggs out yesterday and she was fun also. And yes i was living until 110 usually. :)

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Ripple said:
with my DI she does, but only until about 115%
Still waiting on that video proof you promised that your DI is really that much better than everyone else’s. ;p

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs is defintely a good secondary, Just don't land next to your opponent and your good. The ground is not your friend.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
thankfully i am already familiar with the necessary counter picks. my main before DK was zelda and i used falco and marth in melee which i started using in brawl as well. only problem i have is my marth, im still trying to get used to his tipping range, seems like it to me that his sword got just a tad bit shorter or maybe thats just me thinking that.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
thankfully i am already familiar with the necessary counter picks. my main before DK was zelda and i used falco and marth in melee which i started using in brawl as well. only problem i have is my marth, im still trying to get used to his tipping range, seems like it to me that his sword got just a tad bit shorter or maybe thats just me thinking that.
It's not just you, Marth's range was decreased. I'm still used to his Melee range, so I can't play him well in Brawl at all.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Why does everybody think Jiggs is a good secondary? She is sub-par at best.

@ripple: dont pick wario against ppl that will grab release you lol.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff handles Falco surprisingly well.

Outside of that, though, I wouldn't recommend using her. You still can if you like her enough, though. I mean, there's no statistical reason for me to use Ike or Pokemon Trainer, but I still do.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I think for sure im going to Make Zss my secondary as well as give Jiggs a try.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
You are still going to have to find another char for Falco and Olimar (if you dont think DK does well vs them.)
I think Dk does fine against Olimar, he does not get ***** nor does Omilar. I think its a pretty even matchup.

Against Falco, i still have to try one thing out before completely saying Falco counters DK.

But for sure Zss and possibly Jiggs.

DUB

Smash Lord
People who are good against Falco and both Olimar:

G&W- who is just a good secondary regardless.
Marth- Who could be possibly DK's best secondary? Is good against Wario, Olimar, Falco, Diddy, and I wanna say DDD but not sure.

Kirby- cant by CG'd by Falco, and I've heard hes good for Olimar

Peach - goes neutral with both of them

MK- ......

Falco - owns DDD hard, decent against MK, good against Snake

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
falco and olimar are just iffy's though, i personally think dk beats olimar, and falco's just a slight advantage. I have no problem with either of them

peach hard counters oli, marth loses to ddd to the point where marth boards have admitted it.

the ones we're really looking for are ddd, wario, and luigi, which seems to be either falco or d3, maybe with oli mixed in for an edge on ddd

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i dunno, the ddd's/gdubs i've talked too say neutral, cause he can shield grab the turtle, then one jab and a bthrow is 20% (1/4th gdubs stock, 1/5th with good di)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey guys, the only charcters I really have fun with are DK, Mario, DDD, Ganon, and maby Wario.

Do you think a secondary Mario or ganon could do well, or at least even with a primary DDD?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I play Olimar, Marth and DK.

They seem to make a nice triangle for matchups. The only shifty one I've found so far (apart from mk) is ROB, in terms of picking for advantage.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well i recently picked up dk as a secondary because of his matchup between gw and metaknight also the neutral with marth was a turn on (even though i alreaddy second rob) my main is pit but there are some matchups i feel more comfortable with using dk or rob

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Really? Marth isn't that easy on a high level at all.
Nobody is easy to play at a high level. It's just a comparison against other characters. It's hard to deny that Marth is easier to play than Yoshi.

I'm not saying I agree with everything on the list (considering I can't play Marth at all), but I wouldn't take it too seriously.

daisho

Smash Lord
Really? Marth isn't that easy on a high level at all.
The first time i touched marth my friend said that i pwned (besides that whole recovery thing, i don't even bother with that). All i did was fair combos and fsmashes. Anyone can do that. Am I saying that my marth could have beaten anyone actually good against their main? Of course not, but marth doesnt have THAT many advanced techs or anything special about him that makes him difficult to play.

You get a sword and can swing it pretty much any way you want.

Tennet

Smash Champion
For a lot of the matchups you need to play nearly flawless with Marth. He's really hard to be good with at that level of play.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
For a lot of the matchups you need to play nearly flawless with Marth. He's really hard to be good with at that level of play.
I could argue the exact same thing for every single other character, except maybe Game&Watch (and even then, you have to be extremely precise in some matchups).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
The first time i touched marth my friend said that i pwned (besides that whole recovery thing, i don't even bother with that). All i did was fair combos and fsmashes. Anyone can do that. Am I saying that my marth could have beaten anyone actually good against their main? Of course not, but marth doesnt have THAT many advanced techs or anything special about him that makes him difficult to play.

You get a sword and can swing it pretty much any way you want.
MM your Marth vs my random button, lmao.

Marth requires a high level of speed, and extreme spacing, as well as split second transitions. He's one of the most technical characters in this game at the highest level. And Marth's Fsmash is an extremely bad move btw.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Hmmm...

@ OP: It is possible to be bad with G+W. I'm quite bad with him.

MM your Marth vs my random button, lmao.

Marth requires a high level of speed, and extreme spacing, as well as split second transitions. He's one of the most technical characters in this game at the highest level. And Marth's Fsmash is an extremely bad move btw.
This is quite possibly one of the best posts I've seen on this website in a long time. This, and the one you responded to. :p

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
So hey, this thread is supposed to be about secondaries for DK, not a secret gathering for Marth users.

I've been using a lot of Wario lately, and he is doing very well. I highly enjoy using him... but his good match ups don't overlap with DK's bad matchups at all. I have every intention to continue using him, but from a strategical standpoint, there's no reason to use him whatsoever. :ohwell:

Top Bottom