• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries?

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Who do/ will you guys play as a secondary to falcon? I'm having trouble deciding one that can handle campers mainly. I just really hate playing against dhd, link ect.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I've been having success with Villager versus campy playstyles as of late...of course that may just be my opponents being terrible.

I also play a lot of Little Mac and some Robin/D3 here and there. Sometimes mess around with Bowser too, but not as much as the other 3.

Raggnarok

Smash Rookie
I like to use Rosalina or WFT to deal with the campers, but mostly i try to find away around they zoning.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Learn to deal with them, and pick a secondary that plays different than Falcon, but that you're still comfortable with.
I would recommend Zelda, she has great zoning and can get in camper's faces with her teleport.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I like DK and Link so far. Was already comfortable with both in Brawl (though they have been buffed so much now, specially Link, that they're like new characters). Sometimes I switch it up in For Glory when I feel my opponent is getting completely wrecked and they might leave soon if they don't have a fighting chance, heh...

My best sec so far is Link, who is overall a zoning character with TONS of projectiles shenanigans, which makes him completely different to Falcon. Very fun to play... but I'm still 90% Falcon, yeah.

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
I use Megaman as a secondary for campy characters. His projectile game is top kek.

Other than that, I like using Pac Man as well because of his unorthodox playstyle, compared to Falcon.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Either Dr. Mario or Bowser. Dr. Mario cuz of his projectile and combo game, and bowser cuz of dat bowsercide :D

EDIT: whoops! Wrong thread! I main Ganondorf :psycho:

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I like Pacman a lot, too! He's so wacky that he can be very VERY unpredictable... and that is a good thing! Mindgames, son!

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Traditionally, Luigi was always my secondary, but I've been playing Puff more in Smash 4.

Mostly, though, I just play secondaries for fun, not as a way to deal with play styles. I think it's better to try to find a way to overcome bad matchups with Falcon than to switch off. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Fox complements him well, though again i sugest trying to get better a those matchups anyway.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Mostly, though, I just play secondaries for fun, not as a way to deal with play styles. I think it's better to try to find a way to overcome bad matchups with Falcon than to switch off. But that's just me.
I try to combine both. As in: I like char1's playstyle the best, so it'll be my main, but I also like char2 and char3 a lot... do either of them complement char1 well? If one of them does, I'll practice with him more often.

Mii Gunner when bored, Nuke Dukem face

I play Little Mac also but so boring
Oh, I didn't even think about the Miis! I love them all! Specially the Brawler Mii. I feel like it's cheating since its playstyle is Falcon-ish, but that Shot Put is so damn useful as a projectile... But I also like the other two Mii Fighters. It's honestly a shame that Mii Fighters aren't allowed in For Glory :(

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Imo Yoshi doesn't have many issues with being camped, and Captain Falcons Rushdown is good with characters I feel Yoshi doesn't work out too well against. They go well together. Tbh I don't think Falcon has a huge problem against camping either though. Maybe just try to be a bit more patient.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
As secondaries, I play Link, Rosalina, Bowser and Ganondorf.

Bowser and Ganondorf I play mainly in free-for-alls or team battles, as their powerful attacks are great for backstabs.

Rosalina I play mainly because of her unique characteristic (Luma) and because I needed a floaty character to mix things up a bit.

As for Link, I liked him in the demo, so I started playing as him regularly for the first time since the N64 days. The fact that he's my only projectile character also helps to mix things up.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Villager is my secondary, but it takes alot for me to switch from Falcon.

Top Bottom