• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secret to the Gentleman's Combo

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
My problem with AAA(hold) is that I can't run at the fastest possible time ... I'm probably doing it early but I always get the crappy walk out of it whenever it actually works for me

AA(A+Z) lets me run basically ASAP but the problem is gentlemanning consistently. I never get the lightshield though so that's not the problem :lick:

Long story short learn how to do AAA(hold) ... I have AA(A+Z) down as habit though :(

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
My problem with AAA(hold) is that I can't run at the fastest possible time ... I'm probably doing it early but I always get the crappy walk out of it whenever it actually works for me

AA(A+Z) lets me run basically ASAP but the problem is gentlemanning consistently. I never get the lightshield though so that's not the problem :lick:

Long story short learn how to do AAA(hold) ... I have AA(A+Z) down as habit though :(
I feel like aaa(hold) is slow cus if you try to do anything after it too fast youll just end up rapid punching. i never knew you could cancel it with other moves though, maybe ill try a-a-a-dash or something next time hmm

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Dashing is probably the thing you want to be doing most anyways
Get the hit? Dash forward and grab / knee / flip them
Hit a shield / nothing / someone crouching? Run away and hope they're too slow reacting

Regardless, the thing you want most is consistency ... which I still don't have with AA(A+Z)
Although Thumbs like can't gentleman at all and he *****, so who cares I guess ... just gotta **** so hard

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is it bad if you use gentlemen too much? I use it almost as much as fox uses his shine after aerials :S.

Windrose

Smash Lord
How can people punish gentlemens? I can only think of like...crouch cancel:S.. in which case I pull out the rapid jabs.

On another note, is it possible for falcon to get shield grabbed before falcon can pull out the gentlemen if they mis-space their nair (or other aerials)?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
How can people punish gentlemens? I can only think of like...crouch cancel:S.. in which case I pull out the rapid jabs.

On another note, is it possible for falcon to get shield grabbed before falcon can pull out the gentlemen if they mis-space their nair (or other aerials)?
CC ne of the best options for punishing the gentlemen.

I remember the other question being asked a while back and I think the answer is no IIRC.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Rapid jabs doesn't really cover you from crouch cancel ... only if they're slow with the punish
Gentleman is also doesn't replace spacing your aerials well, but if you do find yourself accidentally doing a Nair deep into their shield it'll sometimes save you from being shieldgrabbed if you're fast with your jab and aren't doing some ******** high aerial

Walt

Smash Ace

Play a really good marth and everytime they will DI+CC the first two jabs down and away then CC grab you. Even Falcon with his terrible grab range can do it, and doing it after two raptor boosts clank, you can turn that situation into a free grab. Fox/Falco can shine out of it or grab you.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I need to remember to gentleman after clanking Nairs instead of trying to beat them in a Nair-off
I can beat most people in Nair-offs but gentleman kinda stuffs it haha

Top Bottom