• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[See post #603] SoCal Melee Arcadian Tournament - Sept. 12

nublet06

Smash Lord
You've paid $5 entry or more for tournaments you know you would not win, why is winning enough money a bigger problem now?
because 5 dollar entry is acceptable in my opinion so there was never a reason to complain. anything less is dumb, and anything higher is usually just a bigger tournament and for some reason people dont care about a raise in price even tho it usually means they have to face tuffer opponents so they are spending more money to be beaten harder. money has never been the reason i played this game, i just think its silly to play for such a small ammount. might as well make it free.

the venue fee is high simply because the venue cost a lot to reserve.
nah the venue fee is fine. the buy in is just lowered for some strange reason. its just a trend id rather not see continued so i thought it was worth bringing up. 5 dollar venue fee isnt rare these days tho and i understand why people need to do those. venues are not free.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Please everyone spread the word!

This is a good chance for anyone to start on melee!

plus a chance to get $$$$!

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'll be unranked by this tournament. I already lost to Fabian. Who am I gonna lose to next? Stabbed? Jkun?

=)

-Connor

edit: I wouldn't enter this tournament though.

oh yeah, I lost to Pnoy too.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
why is it that everytime somebody loses to me
its not looked as an accomplishment by me
but as a failure on the opponent =[

ima forfeit to connor next time so he doesn't **** me for payback

Adam M!

Smash Lord

ima forfeit to connor next time so he doesn't **** me for payback
no, you won fair and square

connor is just johning it in his emo *** way

good ****

joeplicate

Smash Master
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:13 AM): tbh, I wanna get unranked
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:18 AM): and enter Kira's arcadian thing
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:23 AM): just to keep P from winning
poop x chute (9:24:30 AM): haha
poop x chute (9:24:31 AM): *****

SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING DAVE?!?!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Honestly, the ranking is already so subjective and up to an opinion you should know what kind of person you want to allow into the tournament and just say "No, sorry dude, you're too good."

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:13 AM): tbh, I wanna get unranked
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:18 AM): and enter Kira's arcadian thing
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:24:23 AM): just to keep P from winning
poop x chute (9:24:30 AM): haha
poop x chute (9:24:31 AM): *****

The Hero Loto (9:09:18 AM): money match me
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (9:09:26 AM): I'd lose

ahhh ****

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
embracethe12/joeplicate: Let's play Puzzle League; I got it on my Wii, or if you guys have a 64/controllers SNES/controllers, anything + controllers, you best take it to this tournament, because I want to play competitively so badly.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i don't even know if there is a competitively, but sure

edit: if i go, i probably won't play much (or any) ppl at all
strictly business, son

Kira-

Smash Champion
quote wall

because 5 dollar entry is acceptable in my opinion so there was never a reason to complain. anything less is dumb, and anything higher is usually just a bigger tournament and for some reason people dont care about a raise in price even tho it usually means they have to face tuffer opponents so they are spending more money to be beaten harder. money has never been the reason i played this game, i just think its silly to play for such a small ammount. might as well make it free.
I see what you're saying, but I don't believe the entry needs to be $5. Honestly this was supposed to be an experimental/provisional tournament; it happened to grow more than we expected. However, if there is about a 2/3rds majority vote to have a higher entry fee, I will change it. I'll put the poll on AiB.

Mostly it seems like the entry fee should be $5 just because that's what we are used to. For example the South (if I'm not mistaken) sets the entry fee at $10, but here we always assume that's too high. For Street Fighter, they pay $5 flat, that includes all fees and that is enough for them. This tournament happens to reside on the smaller end of the spectrum.

If there is another iteration (or if we host another tournament) the entry fees will definitely be standard.

this looks interesting
You better go to this!

mango
joey
larry
hugo
kira
joe
oscar
fly
rofl
connor

=D
If I beat oscar then sure, even though he's like 3-0(?) against me.
Unless I beat Hugo next set. Then I'll be up 2-1 as far as I'm concerned =P

also you forgot zhu

no i'm actually impressed you won, even if he went his TRASH *** falco. you come to a tournament three times a year and beat someone like connor, that's no joke. Plus he went his main 2 out of the 3 games. Also Pnoy got 4 stocked on Mute by Connor's Fox, you won, good ****

thats just connor being dumb, im not letting him enter if he pulls some **** like that (even though the rankings wont be updated before then). after all the talks i've had with him he still uses his secondaries in tournament. not impressed connor

MacD

Banned via Administration
tyrant, i jsut realized you're going to this, i wanna see your marth **** some more

EDIT: why is teams $2 but singles $3

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
this is so the tournament for me!

But alas, this is 6 hours away. >_<

Somebody PM me if they live near Monetery, Salinas, Seaside, or know of any smash fests within the area.

joeplicate

Smash Master
beating fly and connor once doesn't make up for a ****load of inactivity and bad losses NOOB

plus dave beat hugo since, what have you been up to

Lovage

Smash Hero
LOL that's why i never said i was better than kira (or you,) i just said we can't make a list until those fights happen
and if you really want to know why i've been inactive (or just going to less tournies than usual) you can ask me on aim, it's really beyond my control so don't be a *** about it

joeplicate

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure i know why, and of course i understand

but hell yeah you can make a list without those fights happening

Top Bottom