• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik & Linguini Presents: Brawl Bash! 3/22/08 Pot Size>$500!!!

Unstop

Smash Cadet
Hey Seibrik you can count me in for a Wii. I am getting mine Wednesday or Thurs at the latest. Won this sweet auction on Ebay :p.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150224242634&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

Sniped it with 15 secs left for the win! :p. Would of cost me the same at best buy. Best part about it is I avoided the line and hassle to actually find a Wii.

If you guys save a couple hundred dollars you can get a wii in a good deal. Reason being there are too many auctions for one person to monitor them all and outbid you or bid at an unfair price. If I did it you can too :p.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Protip: Toys'R'Us, Walmart and Target usually have Wiis...Toys'R'Us had around 100 when SSBB came out here, and when my brother got his, there were 4 left...Two days ago.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Long time no visit

1. I havent been on the boards in what feels like months so0o0................ WASUP!!

2. Im on the attendance list? Wow I guess I'm gonna bring my friend and cousin since I didnt even know that I was going to this :confused: (sarcasm)

3. Who is SnowMan?

4. Ill take you up on that MM EQUI, how much? And dont worry I suck at this game. :p

5. Elliot stop being mean to the poor smasher, besides you know he has to be in our crew to be a c0ck holder.

- advent

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
WE HAVE A LINK PLAYER!! anyways yea i can def bring my wii. still not sure about the t.v though. ill post later on whether i can bring a tv or not. but im 100% about a wii.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Hey, thanks for the sudden surge of electronics... Though, I'm not sure yet as far as the discount goes, since I'm not the one whos earning the door fee, I cannot decide that. I will talk to Mike either later today, or tomorrow as far as the discount and post as soon as I find out.

Also, Mike, if you read this before you see me, feel free to post your thoughts and perhaps even save me a drive. :p

And chops, your right about us needing more set-ups,
But I'm not sure where or how we would fit 8 TV's in that part of ZP, if you have ideas feel free to PM or or just post here.

oh, and equi, watch out, Advent was able to take a whole stock of my kirby. Be careful!

Peace.

Equi

Smash Ace
1. I havent been on the boards in what feels like months so0o0................ WASUP!!

2. Im on the attendance list? Wow I guess I'm gonna bring my friend and cousin since I didnt even know that I was going to this :confused: (sarcasm)

3. Who is SnowMan?

4. Ill take you up on that MM EQUI, how much? And dont worry I suck at this game. :p

5. Elliot stop being mean to the poor smasher, besides you know he has to be in our crew to be a c0ck holder.

- advent
Five dollars is fine. I've been playing this game nonstop, I'm not gonna lie.

Anyone else up for some MMs? I'm friendly in person. :chuckle:

And Seibrik, your kirby sccurss me. Especially during out online matches, that dthrow, uair, chain grab combo or whatever had me and my friend screaming "WTFFFF!!?!?!?1"

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
oh, and equi, watch out, Advent was able to take a whole stock of my kirby. Be careful!
Peace.
LoLz your funny. I have beaten you before with marth and diddy. But yea your deffinitely more experienced in the game than me. And did you talk with EVERYONE to make sure that their wii's have unlocked ALL characters and stages???

And Chops, I want more training!!!!!! so hit me up on my celly or in the pm box.

- advent

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
LoLz your funny. I have beaten you before with marth and diddy. But yea your deffinitely more experienced in the game than me. And did you talk with EVERYONE to make sure that their wii's have unlocked ALL characters and stages???

And Chops, I want more training!!!!!! so hit me up on my celly or in the pm box.

- advent
yea you can come over anytime so I can train you!!!.

well you can always usea long *** table to hold 8 tvs and use an extension for all systems. yea we need characters and stages

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yay Lee is back! lol that you're bringing your cousin to the tourny. He's been wanting to smash with me, I've just been so busy. =/ And someone at LEAST do a discount for those bring a wii and/or tv. $10 minimum

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
You guys are *******s...but then again, so is everybody. Ares, either deal with chops...or you will be annoyed at every SFL tournament you will ever go to...ever. GANGSTA do you still play peach?
Chops, im cocky, wanna fight?

ANYBODY UP FOR MM? LUCARIO OR PIKACHU TAKE YOUR PICK (or samus but prefferably not..such a horrible character...like linguini)
Hmm? is that directed at the wrong person? :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yes it is Ares, i was talking to the guy yelling at Chops....sry bout that.

**** you lee for not taking moneymatches with my crew, i wanted to win free money ;_;

Still up for MMs.

Disastorm

Smash Rookie
I'll be coming for the Doubles. Question about the pricing though,

Is the 20$ for both singles and doubles? And does that mean the pot will be split between the singles and doubles?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Guys come on! So if you contribute at least a tv, wii or both, you can't even get a slight discount? People take huge risks when they bring their equipment to places like this.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just got word today

If you bring a Wii or a TV THAT WE USE, you do not have to pay 5 dollars of the 20 dollar door fee

(in other words, just 15 for singles, and 10 for doubles if u do that too)

Unstop

Smash Cadet
So if I bring an Wii and you use it I only have to pay 15$ if I'm going to do only singles correct? Also if I am only going to do doubles I would only pay 10$ instead? Correct? That is only if I bring a TV or a Wii.

So if I don't bring a Tv or a Wii I have to pay 20$ for singles even if I'm not going to do doubles correct?

Unstop

Smash Cadet
Hey seibrik just wanna let you know I might not be able to make it. I thought I would be better by today but I just gotten worse. I got really bad lung infection/cough and I sure as hell ain't going to get anyone sick over a tourney.

I'll keep you posted but I wanted to update you on the situation since I was going to bring a Wii. Right now is most likely no because I need to heal asap. I feel awful really and worst part is my mom doesn't care enough about me being sick.

(Thinks i'm faking it) Anyway goodluck to the rest of you and remember to have fun.

snowmann

Smash Cadet

3. Who is SnowMan?

- advent
yo lee this is nicky. I am going to **** you just like me and eliott ***** you and ur friend in teams lol. Ill mm you if you want? Yea anyways i think im gonna bring one of my friends too. O yea seibrik, i think you have me down twice on the attendence list, once as nicky and another time as snowmann.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Okay, since everybody keeps asking about doubles and door fee, let me make this easier my explaining it...What Seibrik is using is called XIF Door Fee...Basically, XIF got tired of having people say they were coming, show up, enter doubles, then leave in singles (The part that everybody is expecting you to enter.) Now, this was usually okay with one or two people, but this would be fifteen out of about thirty people...And 15 people entering singles is just bs when 30 sign up...So he made a new rule. If you want to enter the venue at all, you pay "door fee" consisting of door fee AND singles pot. That way if you left you still added money to the singles pot...And that is how most of SFL tournaments are run now. So, yeah...If you want to leave after doubles go ahead, but you ARE wasting 15 dollars to do so.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
So you might as well just stay for singles.

Sorry if any of you dont like this rule, but why are you waiting so long for a tourny u only plan to enter doubles for? For the fun? You can do that at home with friends for free.
Doubles is almost only ever seen as a small warm-up for the singles tourny anyway.

So heres the breakdown.

Player A: Does not bring Wii, or TV. Wants to enter both singles and doubles. Player A will end up paying a total of 30 dollars at this competition.

Player B: Brings a wii or tv. Wants to enter both singles and doubles. Player B will end up paying a total of 25 dollars at this competition.

Player C: Does not bring Wii, or TV. Wants to only enter doubles. Player C will end up paying the 20 dollar door fee, + the 10 dollar entry fee for doubles. Resulting in Player C paying a total of 30 dollars.

Player D: Brings a wii or TV. Wants to enter only doubles. Player D will have to pay a 15 dollar door fee, + the 10 dollar entry fee for doubles. Resulting in Player D paying a total of 25 dollars.

The question is, which player are you? Ask yourself this question before the tourny date, and come prepared with money accordingly. I don't want any confusion at ths competition. I will put this explanation, along with Nickriddle's bio of the explanation in the FEES section of the first post. No reason you shouldn't see it.

Oh and Unstop, Sorry to hear that man. Hope you feel better, even if you don't end up showing to the tourny.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
stop bieng emo elliot, play with me and ill show you that it still can be fun...
not as fun as melee tho
ROFL

Ya ya we'll see. Ima give this game a chance on Saturday but I doubt I'll be playin it competitively unless sum kind of technical break thru happens some time in the near future. But ima use Saturday as a tester for thus game. Hopefully it is fun but definatly not as fun as melee lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh come on. The game is still fun, but in a different way. Right now, we're exploring a new game and trying to learn everything about it, as opposed to Melee which was more like, "Use everything we know about the game to play as good as possible." With this new style, if you learn anything new about your character you have an advantage, and the technique might even be named after you...Which, come on, would be pretty cool.

Yeah, this post was useless.

snowmann

Smash Cadet
meh im ggetting real bored fo brawl right now.. I never got bored of melee finding out new stuff. god dam melee was so much more fun
yea melee was a thousand times more fun. I dont think we will be able to make brawl last for eight years, eventually we will end up going back to melee.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW, all you people saying brawl isn't fun..melee wasn't as fun is it was last year....no way in hell was it. You have to give it time, and then the community will be more active..hell..we can play people online so we don't even have to organize any smashfests...just go online.

Still accepting MMs....everybody is to scared though.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
BTW, all you people saying brawl isn't fun..melee wasn't as fun is it was last year....no way in hell was it. You have to give it time, and then the community will be more active..hell..we can play people online so we don't even have to organize any smashfests...just go online.

Still accepting MMs....everybody is to scared though.
shut up esam your gay. melee>brawl what I say is law so stfu and die in a fire

Top Bottom