• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey, smash world.

So I've been talking to Ken and he's really interested in attending APEX. Unfortunately, since things are so last minute, prices are really high, and he'd need a fund. My cursory, not super-well-researched, check at plane prices indicate that plane + hotel = ~$800-1k. Thats a lot of money to raise in a (very) short period of time, so before I open up paypal for donations, I'd like to gauge interest:

Would you all like to see Ken at APEX, and if so, how much would you donate?

If you're wondering, he WOULD enter both singles and doubles, and plans to attend a few Socal smashfests + tournaments in preparation beforehand.

edit: its way way way way way cheaper than I though check the later posts. Shoutouts to clowsui

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
if ken actually intended on trying to place well

i would throw money at him

and i know a lot of others would too

Bones0

Smash Legend
I may throw in, but only if he doesn't enter. lol

Unless he legitimately wants to get back into the game and go beast mode v2. Idk, I thought him entering at KoC was cool for novelty reasons, but I'd rather not force the guy to keep getting destroyed because he doesn't care about the game anymore.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Why would he not care about the game anymore? Crimson blur said that he's really interested in attending APEX. He obviously still cares about the game if he's also going to prepare himself for the tourney.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Why would he not care about the game anymore? Crimson blur said that he's really interested in attending APEX. He obviously still cares about the game if he's also going to prepare himself for the tourney.
Because he said like 50 times on the KoC stream that he doesn't care about the game anymore...

Also, Crimson is just too big of a Ken fanboy to really trust him in this case. ;P

But seriously, if he does truly want to come and even wants to enter, this would be awesome! It's ****ing KEN.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I would only donate to this if Ken came on smashboards, and promised that he would train so that he could perform as well as possible when he comes to this.

strawhats

Smash Master
I would only donate to this if Ken came on smashboards, and promised that he would train so that he could perform as well as possible when he comes to this.
lol, what is this a loan deferment/promissary note of some kind.

Newways, I'm hyped to see ken play at Apex, good or bad. His presence alone is enough. I'll throw some money at this when I get the chance. Next few weeks.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Crimson, can I pay you to donate to him? I'd be willing to donate because he said he'll go to SoCal smashfests to practice up.

And lord knows I'd be down to play with Ken.

NNID
dansalvato
I don't have the money to donate directly, but I'll gladly offer Ken free housing for as long as he needs. If he plans on teaming with Dr. Peepee again, then this is a good arrangement as I'm housing Dr. Peepee as well.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
No one cares if you donate, Strife.
lol, what is this a loan deferment/promissary note of some kind.
**** you guys for hating on him for caring where he puts his money. People SHOULD be making these demands instead of throwing money at whatever superstar player just because he's a superstar player.

I'd donate to this if he commentates and practices before entering singles.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
**** you guys for hating on him for caring where he puts his money. People SHOULD be making these demands instead of throwing money at whatever superstar player just because he's a superstar player.

I'd donate to this if he commentates and practices before entering singles.
FOR BRITISH EYES ONLY.

truth. Last year, APEX had a lot of viewers, and a lot of people would equate a Ken to a Daigo/Justin Wong in our community, due to his stature. I'd love to see him at APEX, but I think a lot of people want to see a survivor (pun fully intended), someone who is making a last grasp (or another grasp) toward his past winnings, placings, etc.

That being said, if he's working on reaching his previous form, I'd throw in money, hands down.

V-K

Smash Ace
wow 800-1k, I'm really not sure if that is a possible to do in this amount of time. On the other hand, Ken going back to the top would be amazing beyond belief (perhaps just a dream though) .

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Hey sorry guys! Everything with me is always so last minute now a days... I guess I can never make up my mind.

Anyways I'm kind of busy atm but will post something around 11pm my time tonight about what I plan on doing.

Wait for my post later tonight!

:phone:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hey sorry guys! Everything with me is always so last minute now a days... I guess I can never make up my mind.

Anyways I'm kind of busy atm but will post something around 11pm my time tonight about what I plan on doing.

Wait for my post later tonight!

We will wait.

Yes, I'm speaking for everyone here.

On a side note, I already met Isai, and even got the pleasure to practice for 2 weeks with M2K. But I still have to do one thing: Meet the King of Smash atleast once!

Keeeeeen!

Life

Smash Hero
It must be nice to show up somewhere after being gone for five years and still see that you've had a profound effect on people--even those you've never met.

I don't plan on donating (cheap college student), but I do wish Ken and all good luck with this drive.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Donate 800-1k for a player that probably won't make it out of pools and will almost certainly go 2 and out if he does? Ken is awesome but cmon man lol.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
This. I'd be more than happy to pay for a Ken who is caught up to date, but funding a player who won't make it through two rounds of pools?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I would like to see ken at apex, but it's too early. Better if he goes to genesis 3. He has more time to practice and it is in Cali.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Is it really that expensive? I mean, I just checked for fun, expecting similar prices, but apparently it would cost me $550 to get to NYC.
I should start a fund to fix my recording equipment. Is there anything to do/see around there in the winter? =)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Is it really that expensive? I mean, I just checked for fun, expecting similar prices, but apparently it would cost me $550 to get to NYC.
Once again, this was with the most half-***** search possible. If we can find a cheap flight + provide (good) housing, then this fund is a lot less expensive than I thought.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I should start a fund to fix my recording equipment. Is there anything to do/see around there in the winter? =)
New York City in the winter? Plus we get to hang out again buddy <3

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Hey, smash world.

So I've been talking to Ken and he's really interested in attending APEX. Unfortunately, since things are so last minute, prices are really high, and he'd need a fund. My cursory, not super-well-researched, check at plane prices indicate that plane + hotel = ~$800-1k. Thats a lot of money to raise in a (very) short period of time, so before I open up paypal for donations, I'd like to gauge interest:

Would you all like to see Ken at APEX, and if so, how much would you donate?

If you're wondering, he WOULD enter both singles and doubles, and plans to attend a few Socal smashfests + tournaments in preparation beforehand.
nope i would not donate to ken if he really wanted to get here then ****ing scrounge it up you got 2 months gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom