• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sept 18] UTD 2: Balanced Brawl Tournament on campus. RESULTS UP!

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo, Brett. Where have you been? The UNT campus? I looked for you and I couldn't find you.

We found Chucky though!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm not going to be within a few hundred miles, and I'm excited for this. I hope it runs well and is a good time for all.

I would also remind everyone that infinite replays are on by default in Balanced Brawl. If you have a good match, you will be able to save it (with rare exceptions, mostly just really long teams matches). I'm sure no one would object to liberal use of that feature.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I really played Smash competitively...but this is a tournament where Ganondorf and Pokemon Trainer are on steroids, so who knows what will happen?

Speaking of which...for the tournament, is there still a $25 gift card or something for winning? I'm not terribly interested in paying an entry fee and then going off-campus just to collect a reward (or pay it).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's been a while since I really played Smash competitively...but this is a tournament where Ganondorf and Pokemon Trainer are on steroids, so who knows what will happen?

Speaking of which...for the tournament, is there still a $25 gift card or something for winning? I'm not terribly interested in paying an entry fee and then going off-campus just to collect a reward (or pay it).
The entry fee is really just for the smashboards community, you really haven't been active much. I don't think you'll have to worry about it.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
For everyone that doesn't know their way around campus, meet at my apartment (it's on campus) and we can go from there. It's easy to get to and there's no construction in that area and not parking passes.

Address: 2200 Waterview #1421 Prky Richardson, TX 75050

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Of course not. If anything I can either shuttle people to the SU or just all walk. It's just my apt is off a major street and if you were going to have to park on campus there would be where to park and how to get parking passes, the route to parking through the construction and then how to walk from your parking lot to the SU and I figure it'd be a heck of a lot easier this way. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Results?

<aslkfhb

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll post results Sunday, when I'm not busy. Billy and I got top 2.

Thinkaman showed up. Lol surprise!
Surprise for you guys :). He was in Austin all week haha.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Here's my data. It is by no means definitive, it is just a random sampling of total observed matchup results of every match I saw at the tourney. If I saw a Mario beat a Luigi, Mario has a win against Luigi. If I see another Mario beat a Luigi, nothing changes. If I see a Luigi beat a Mario, then Luigi also has a win against Mario.

This methodology has many shortfalls; it does not take into account player skill, and focused not only on the players at the tourney but also to some extent the ones closer in proximity to me. (For example, a lot of players at this tourney with low skill levels were playing Sheik/Zelda and ROB, while Sethalon was ensuring wins for Falco.) It was also taken mostly during pools, when play is often sub-optimal. I stopped taking notes when I started doing a lot of friendlies myself at the end too. (For example, these matches has a lot of wins for Lucas, DDD, Jigglypuff, and PT which are not represented in the data.)

Still, the idea is that this sampling is the maximum amount of data I could collect from a central position in the room watching all setups.

Observed Matchup Wins and Losses by Character: (DITTOS NOT COUNTED)

Mario: 3/3
Luigi: 7/3
Peach: 1/6
Bowser: 4/0
Donkey Kong: 0/0
Diddy Kong: 7/2
Yoshi: 3/2
Wario: 3/3
Link: 2/0
Zelda: 3/10 (Includes Sheik)
Ganondorf: 9/5
Toon Link: 13/8
Samus: 4/5
Zero Suit Samus: 0/1
Pit: 6/4
ICs: 0/1
R.O.B.: 0/5
Kirby: 7/6
Meta Knight: 8/4
King Dedede: 0/5
Olimar: 6/4
Fox: 0/2
Falco: 11/10
Wolf: 7/2
Captain Falcon: 4/3
Pikachu: 3/7
Pokemon Trainer: 3/7
Lucario: 5/8
Jigglypuff: 4/3
Marth: 3/8
Ike: 7/6
Ness: 5/3
Lucas: 9/11
Mr. Game & Watch: 7/6
Snake: 8/10
Sonic: 0/0

Again, take these numbers with a grain of salt. I'm just making the data available.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the King Dedede ratio was horrible! On the other hand, the Bowser data looks nice.

I also believe that my friend (Mr. Z) was the only one who used Regular Samus. Another friend (M1K3) was reppin' Diddy and his only loses were against Zac (he also got matched up with him in the brackets).

I was surprised of the amount of Tinks & Zelda/Shieks.

This tourney made me realize I have a horrible Snake game. :(

EDIT: I look forward to seeing the final results.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah some new players were playing Peach on the right side of the room for awhile. No one present was very good with her.

You saw how many people were playing Ike. Three in our pool?
Haha, I know. I'm just messing around.

BALANCED BRAWL IS KIND OF FUN.
The only thing I miss is my opponents landing on their feet when I throw them.
Other than that, LAWL IKE TIER JUMP (along with half of the cast, about whom couldn't care less).

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
I had to leave as the bracket was starting up but I thought I saw Foursaken on the bracket list? He has an awesome DDD and all my matches with DDD were 1:1 except vs Bwett and Ice who owned me.

Were there other D3s who were really sucking or something?

I'm looking forward to the results. I had to leave early due to waking up at 5AM on saturday for a cross country meet. I was pretty tired but it was worth it, UTD 2 was a blast. :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
We had a total of 72 people show up. I did 8 pools with 9 people in each pool. One pool per TV. Pool rules were:

Play only two games.
Both games just pick Random (from the 11 stages above)
2 stock each game. (for time reasons)

When pools finished I took the top 3 from each pool and created a single elimination (eww i know, but short on time) 24 man bracket. Top seed in each pool got a bye.

Bracket Image

Billy and I have yet to play it out.

And sorry no videos. I didn't have time to record any matches as I was hell-a-busy making sure everything was run smoothly.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
haha Bwett did a 'for the lolz' match with a guy named motap or something. It was yoshi vs ganon and ganon got a lucky spike when yoshi was low on % for an early kill, Dphat gave Bwett a hard time after that :laugh:

Top Bottom