• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series that you hope SSB4 will revive

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Smash is known for reviving series, even if at least for a little while, if F-Zero GX, Game & Watch Gallery 4, and especially Kid Icarus: Uprising are anything to go by. What are you hoping gets a reboot this time?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
^^^ Look at the avatar I have.
And Murasame Castle.
With Takamaru and Sable being the only notable retro ATs (not counting Devil though), I think there's a glamor of hope that one of the developers will revive the franchises.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What I'm holding out for:

• :4duckhunt: : The poor guy doesn't even get a virtual console release. Really?
  • :rosalina: : I know I have a huge problem with her. But that problem is that she's such a minor, shoehorned character even within her own series. If she got her own identity like :4wario::4dk::4yoshi:, things would be different...
  • :popo:: I'm still hoping they get some attention. They may be gone from SSB, but everybody knows who they are.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt. And by Duck Hunt I mean Duck Hunt Dog and the Duck, who'll star in a platformer called Dogjo-Duzooie.

GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Last edited:

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Most are said and done if you ask me. I can imagine Nintendo making a spinoff for Rosalina one day, and maybe, just maybe someday Mega Man.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Mother, I know there will probably never be an actual new Mother game, but I really want there to be 3ds remakes of the games. Ness has been one of my favorite smash characters since I was little, and I really liked Lucas in Brawl, but I've never been able to play their games. Mother games seem fun and creepy/scary at times with a good story and characters, plus it's already well known thanks to Smash, it seems like a perfect candidate to get revived

I'd gladly take a Metroid, Golden Sun, or Ice Climber game for the 3ds too

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quest 64. But that'd require the series to get any form of representation first. It is public domain, so it's a little easier.

> Implying many care.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Screw revival. I want a Smash series.

Super Smash Kart.

Super Smash Party.

SUPER SMASH WARRIORS!

Just imagine taking down legions of Nintendo mooks with the awesome power of Captain Falcon. ¦(

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We know Metroid and Star Fox will get new games regardless, so F-Zero would be cool.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
meh, everybody deserves a revival.
I more curious about what new series can make, like i think is time to let bowser have its own franchise :4bowser:
:p

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Mother.

Lucas getting cut dashed my hopes though.
I actually don't want a Mother revival. It doesn't need a revival. Itoi completed the trilogy of stories he wanted to tell with Mother 3 and I'm peace with that.

What I do want is the Mother series to have a trilogy collection on the 3DS released world wide. I'd buy that in a heart beat. <3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually don't want a Mother revival. It doesn't need a revival. Itoi completed the trilogy of stories he wanted to tell with Mother 3 and I'm peace with that.

What I do want is the Mother series to have a trilogy collection on the 3DS released world wide. I'd buy that in a heart beat. <3
I didn't mean getting a Mother 4. Remakes of Earthbound and Mother 3 is all I really wish for.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Ah I see, tbh I kind of figured that's what you meant after reading your post but I suppose I always feel like people mean revival in terms of sequels.

Pic of the Day July 14th said:
And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?
Maybe he was making an open plea to Nintendo, or he's already savvy about plans for a new F-Zero. Or maybe he's planning to direct an F-Zero reboot. Sakurai would be a good man for the job, since he basically invented Captain Falcon as we know him now.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe he was making an open plea to Nintendo, or he's already savvy about plans for a new F-Zero. Or maybe he's planning to direct an F-Zero reboot. Sakurai would be a good man for the job, since he basically invented Captain Falcon as we know him now.
If F-Zero Uprising (Let's call it F-Zero: UX) does happen... Prepare to get a load content from there for the next Smash game. :laugh:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not necessarily a reboot, but I'd love to have another Punch Out! game with :4littlemac:ideally, it would be more story based. I mean, why can't we have an engrossing story of a teenager from the Bronx rising from being a nobody to world champion of the W.V.B.A.?

Then... :4megaman: hands down. Only in this case, I could fancy a reboot with the classic blue bomber. Maybe do something like remake the original NES games, fusing them with their Game Boy counterparts so you have multiple paths to take (NES path or GB path), additional characters (Roll, Protoman, Bass, etc), and other unlockables. Megaman 1 had a really nice story, but it lacked cutscenes... Maybe this time they could do something about that?

:4sonic: super unlikely, but maybe Sakurai emphasizing on a simpler moveset for Sonic will give SEGA more than enough hints to try their hands at another TRULY CLASSIC Sonic game. No copying Mario 3D Land, or God of War, or Jak & Daxter. Just plain, old fashioned platforming using speed as a tool. SEGA has released a LOT of Sonic games in the past, but they stopped feeling like Sonic games to me a LONG time ago.

Hopefully, Nintendo will give Camelot instructions to work on a new Golden Sun game. I would prefer if they went back to the OLD age of Golden Sun. I still think the original Weyard map still had places to visit (like say, beyond the world's limits?)
Not to mention, I want to see more of the original 8 adepts which were already very developed.

:4duckhunt: mandatory, because it would still be awesome. And we can maybe get all zapper games from the past remade in current day technology.

:pt: I'm probably the only person in the world who would love to see Pokémon Fire Red 2 / Leaf Green 2.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Mega Man? No? Yes?

Please?

I guess you'd have to revive Capcom as a whole for that to happen, though.
That's out of Nintendo's hands unless they ask Capcom to make an exclusive Mega Man game that Nintendo will fund.

I personally want to see Duck Hunt & F-Zero come back soon. Hell, a solo Captain Falcon game about his bounty hunter missions would be pretty sick too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:popo:: Even though they're cut in the new game, I'd love to see a new Ice Climbers game (maybe an eShop exclusive title).
:4littlemac:: Hopefully his popularity in Sm4sh leads to another new Punch-Out game.
:ness2:: With the new Magicant stage and other references to the original Mother, I'm hoping for English ports of both Mother and Mother 3 (the latter may be unlikely though).

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Where does Advance Wars fall into this? The franchise isn't exactly retro, but it's been dead for a while...I consider this a Wii-early Wii U era Star Fox situation.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:4sonic: super unlikely, but maybe Sakurai emphasizing on a simpler moveset for Sonic will give SEGA more than enough hints to try their hands at another TRULY CLASSIC Sonic game. No copying Mario 3D Land, or God of War, or Jak & Daxter. Just plain, old fashioned platforming using speed as a tool. SEGA has released a LOT of Sonic games in the past, but they stopped feeling like Sonic games to me a LONG time ago.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I hope Sm4sh reboots the Super Smash Bros. franchise

oh wait

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, I echo all of the people asking for a :4duckhunt: game. A Banjo-Kazooie kind of game would be perfect.

Also :rosalina: needs her own series like Yoshi and Wario. I disagree that she isn't relevant enough for Smash as it is, but I want to see this regardless, it's long overdue. Use it to make games with really deep stories and stuff, like in the storybook. Make people cry. :rotfl:

Call me crazy, but I think a pseudo hack and slash/action game, with a lot of open (space) adventure elements, could work for her.

I wouldn't be opposed to an Uprising sequel either. Heck, why not a spiritual successor to it, starring :4megaman:?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The Mysterious Murasame Castle

But I suppose Takamaru will get his chance, another day.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh, funny you bring that up. One of my favorite Sonic games overall.
I just feel both sides could have been polished a bit better. But as a whole game? It was awesome. Don't regret the $90 I spent on it (Import).

... still, the classic side didn't feel quite as "classic" to me. I'm one of those freaks who's completed S3/K close to 90 times, and Sonic 1 next to 40. And it feels like Sonic has Melee physics when he jumps, or something.
(Not to mention the super nerfed rolling, and lack of true bouncing).

Anyway, my last Sonic game until SEGA is done experimenting with genre-swapping again.

-

OH almost forgot.
:icsmelee::popo: Because they need a better game than the one they have.
I'd like something that feels more polished overall. Maybe add 4 Player support.

Top Bottom