• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious mind games - my head hurts

Xposure

Smash Cadet
Okay, first of all I was debating on whether to put this in the Melee Discussion or the General Discussion forum.

Basically, I had Melee on the brain during my exam. Probably not good...

Anyways, so today I was doing my GGS12(Global Geography 12) exam. Half way through, my teacher stood up and grabbed an armful of textbooks. He put one on each of the students desks and sat back down.

For about 5 minutes, everyone was looking around and wondering why he did that. I decided to ask. He didn't have a reason, just to fake us all out. The first thing that came thoughts, mind games.

Anyways, now that I'm done. I only have one exam left, but that is besides the point. I have a question.

Did you have any similar situations in life that just made you say, "Mind games!"

I'm just curious. ^^

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I do this all the time I randomly mess with people and those they mess with me.

My math teacher labels his worksheets like so

29. and so on Everyone but me asked why he does that but me because I understand it's to get in your heads or because that's how he is.

The only thing that I ever wordered about was why he always did a number 4. I will walk into walls, spaz out at random times, and etc. so no one ever can predict my next act. Really I am like a walking mindgame even when walking with people I will switch sides(when not looking) and throw them off at one point I did it nearly everyday when we when through a doorway and I didn't switch up that time and he looked on his other side thinking I was going to be there.

In melee a few things i know can walk is walking off the esge an d jumpback on and repeat till you plan to stike. Also to pretend your going to do something It's hard to explain but the best case I can think of is if your falcon and you play a few rounds when you sheild an attack normally you may grab or attack out of shield sometimes roll. Well after so longif you know when you can jump out doing a Falcon punch and they will be so stuned they won't know what to think and get falcon punched and yes this CAN work i've done it vs people much better than me

Rayku

Smash Lord
I was in my College Algebra class, taking my final. The teacher informed us that if we needed any equations written down for us, all we had to do was ask and she would write them on the board. As I was taking my test, I noticed that we did, in fact, need a few equations memorized (of which I had done them all, it was an easy exam). However, I decided to play a little game.

I asked my teacher to write down several equations periodically as I progressed through my test, and I thanked her for each one she wrote. Every time I asked for one, however, my fellow classmates were looking around at each other (they were obviously cheating) and staring at me, looking very concerned because they did not ask for the equations first. I kept a confident look on my face, and finished my test first. I promptly left the room, and went to the student center.

A few of my classmates decided to head to the student center as well, and I noticed them all talking about how they thought they did very poorly on the test. They all came up to me as I was playing Casual Brawl (there were about 4 people in the group) and asked me which problems needed the equations I asked to be written down.

I responded: "You didn't need any of them. Mindgames, brah"

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I was in my College Algebra class, taking my final. The teacher informed us that if we needed any equations written down for us, all we had to do was ask and she would write them on the board. As I was taking my test, I noticed that we did, in fact, need a few equations memorized (of which I had done them all, it was an easy exam). However, I decided to play a little game.

I asked my teacher to write down several equations periodically as I progressed through my test, and I thanked her for each one she wrote. Every time I asked for one, however, my fellow classmates were looking around at each other (they were obviously cheating) and staring at me, looking very concerned because they did not ask for the equations first. I kept a confident look on my face, and finished my test first. I promptly left the room, and went to the student center.

A few of my classmates decided to head to the student center as well, and I noticed them all talking about how they thought they did very poorly on the test. They all came up to me as I was playing Casual Brawl (there were about 4 people in the group) and asked me which problems needed the equations I asked to be written down.

LOL

i was all like 'wut' when it said brawl though :)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
My story of mindgames...

My street is between two one way streets. Basically the street on each side goes up/down, while my street only goes down.

*Plot set*

As I was debating which way to go a firetruck came flying through alarms blaring and went up one of the streets. I thought to myself "Ok it's probably going to stop on the main street and block up everything, I'm gonna go the other way".

So I go to go up the other street, and RIGHT when I get to the top, the firetruck careens to a stop RIGHT at the intersection. I just shook my head at the mindgames, and had to turn around and go all the way back around to get to my house.

EDIT NOW WITH IMAGES:

Prediction:

Reality:

MINDGAMES :psycho:

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
My story of mindgames...

My street is between two one way streets. Basically the street on each side goes up/down, while my street only goes down.

*Plot set*

As I was debating which way to go a firetruck came flying through alarms blaring and went up one of the streets. I thought to myself "Ok it's probably going to stop on the main street and block up everything, I'm gonna go the other way".

So I go to go up the other street, and RIGHT when I get to the top, the firetruck careens to a stop RIGHT at the intersection. I just shook my head at the mindgames, and had to turn around and go all the way back around to get to my house.

I would like pics please to understand better.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Happened today actually.
My friends and I were hangin' out after school, and I asked one of them what 2+4 was. And he said six. And I asked what half of that was, and he said three. And then I asked him was the square root of 6090 was. While he was thinking, I bopped him on the head. He was like "What the hell, man?" And I said
"Mindgames son. Never saw it comin', didja?"

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
<3
that was great, especially the emotional response and the EDGEGUARD.. **** firetruck was all like GIMPED

tho i don't understand how you could go up BOTH sides if only one is "up"..
my street is one way down, the other streets you can go up and down. So based on the way I was approaching my house I had to take one of the two routes to get to my house.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My story of mindgames...

*Plot set*

EDIT NOW WITH IMAGES:

Prediction:

Reality:

quoted for the lulz

Arcade

Smash Ace
Okay, first of all I was debating on whether to put this in the Melee Discussion or the General Discussion forum.

Basically, I had Melee on the brain during my exam. Probably not good...

Anyways, so today I was doing my GGS12(Global Geography 12) exam. Half way through, my teacher stood up and grabbed an armful of textbooks. He put one on each of the students desks and sat back down.

For about 5 minutes, everyone was looking around and wondering why he did that. I decided to ask. He didn't have a reason, just to fake us all out. The first thing that came thoughts, mind games.
Wow, your teacher's kind of a douchebag.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
when I was in grade 9-10 there was a travelling fair that came to a town nearby with rides and games and whatnot, and tons of people went to it, but I didn't really like the rides, or the carnival games so me and one of my friends would just walk through groups of people and then point to the sky with a concerned/perplexed look on our faces until the people in the surrounding area noticed us and then suddenly duck or dive to the ground covering our heads, with maybe a quick "oh Sh*T" muttered under our breath. and then quickly walk away, (the fair/carnival was at night)

and then look back as we walked away to enertain ourselves with the sight of people covering their heads looking up at the sky sometimes ducking low to the ground or running away to avoid mysterious falling objects.

I think we walked around and did that for like 4 straight hours or something, get yo *** mind gamed carnival goers.

Xposure

Smash Cadet
Wow, you all live such entertaining lives, compared to me. o.O

The only thing I achieved today was learning how to Wobble. Personally I think it's entertaining. But... yea...

vZakat

Half Genie
when I was in grade 9-10 there was a travelling fair that came to a town nearby with rides and games and whatnot, and tons of people went to it, but I didn't really like the rides, or the carnival games so me and one of my friends would just walk through groups of people and then point to the sky with a concerned/perplexed look on our faces until the people in the surrounding area noticed us and then suddenly duck or dive to the ground covering our heads, with maybe a quick "oh Sh*T" muttered under our breath. and then quickly walk away, (the fair/carnival was at night)

and then look back as we walked away to enertain ourselves with the sight of people covering their heads looking up at the sky sometimes ducking low to the ground or running away to avoid mysterious falling objects.

I think we walked around and did that for like 4 straight hours or something, get yo *** mind gamed carnival goers.
That reminded me of this video. the last clip in particular. The whole video is a mindgame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIjVnZjtpI

AXE 09

Smash Master

LOL! this was an amazing story hahaha

except for the brawl part *shivers in disgust whenever i hear the word*

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Every time I play a sport in PE (Grade 10 so it's team sports) and we score a point, I yell, "Mindgames!"

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
one time i was writing a story about mindgames that I had and everyone was reading it but waht i was actually doing was a...

DISTRACTION

*steals everyone's cookies*

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I was playing badminton with a friend and it seemed like he was about to perform a fast "kill" shot but instead does a net shot on the left of my court and gets the point.

MINDGAMES!

TERMS:

Kill - Fast, downward shot that cannot be returned; a "putaway."
Net Shot - Shot hit from the forecourt that just clears the net and drops sharply.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
My math teacher, to keep us from cheating, put all the midterms on blue, red, and yellow paper. We assumed that the tests were color coded and had different questions.
I asked him about it. all the tests were the same.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah i've seen that before really it never bugged me really i've only messed with my teachers.

Like only I was talking about mindgames and balm I smashed my head into a wall without mercy and countuied talking.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I was riding the bullet train in japan with my friends, and one of them went to put a wrapper in the trashcan and was all like "hey theres a cat in here!" in japanese.
There wasnt a cat
MINDGAMES SON
The whole compartment freaked out, it was great.

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
I played Highschool Volleyball and was actually quite good at the game. As the setter, I usually run up to the net and do a jumpset (Jumping before setting the ball) and set it to a hitter. During the game, I noticed that the setter on the opposing side, leaves his defensive spot early, leaving the back Left (from my perspective) open. So rather than setting it to my player, I pushed the ball to the back corner and got the point.

Top Bottom