• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seriously guys, Ganon isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Honestly, 90% of his matchups are 70:30 in his disadvantage. In all honesty, that is not the case at all. I came second place with Ganon at a real tournament, if ganon was as bad as all these matchup charts make him out to be, I would have came last. The only reason people think hes so bad is because there are very few REALLY good ganons. What I'm saying is, step it up ganon boards. Once we get more good ganons being known, the matchup charts will change, ganon will rise in the tier list, and we can all stop *****ing about how ganon gets ***** by ______. If you have enough skill, mindgames and good counterpicking, ganon is atleast at the top of mid tier.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I would have to agree whole-heartedly. He's picked on for having an awful recovery which isn't any worse than, say, Ike's, and his moveset is actually really really good. He's not so much examined by others as he is dismissed. I couldn't care less about his tier placement, though. If he's that low, I call it hustling =P

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
He's really not very bad at all. I just wish his moves packed more power per punch. I mean, he sacrifices range and movement for power, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Nonetheless, he's one of the most satisfying characters in the game to master whose full potential is ignored by the other smashers for other characters that provide huge rewards for little dedication.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I main link so I like playing people with link and ganon, when they look up and they are getting 2 stocked they instantly get pissed and be more agressive which is easy to counter(when Im link) or get Horrified and actually run away from me (Ganon).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nowhere near top of mid tier, but he should be at top of low. I think if Ganon had just one move that was frame 4 or less, like a jab, then he would be a lot better. At the top of the metagame though....Ganon can't compete with most of the better part of the cast.

His awesome tech chase game and his power are more than enough to keep him from ever dropping to the complete bottom of the tier list.....I have no idea why some of you Ganon players even say that.

TP

Smash Master
I can't say if Ganon deserves to be higher than where he is on the list. If the 10 or so new skills and techs in the works turn out to be gold, than sure, mid tier. As things stand, low tier or bottom, due to his horrific matchups with certain characters. As for there being very few good Ganons... yeah. It sucks. You have only been to one tourney, Kosk, since you live in Canada. >_> The real issue here is that every Ganon main either lives near no tournaments or is in too difficult a region to become known. If we all lived in Maryland together, Ganondorf would be 5 or 10 spots higher on the tier list, but we don't. Nobody has any incentive to pick up Ganon, since everyone believes he sucks.

The simple truth is that we can't change the tier list by discussing new skills on this forum, but we can't go to tournaments that are a thousand miles away to show everyone. Ganon has a 30:70 disadvantage against geography.

Sorry to sound so negative, but the situation hasn't changed in months and there is no real reason to believe it will anytime soon.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I agree that Ganon mains need to step it up a notch. Get to tourneys and experience. Yes this includes me as I haven't been to one in ages. His power, range, and priority is off the charts, with good traps, edgeguarding, and tech chasing. Learn your match ups and counter picks, and never ever get too impatient.

Also, I have now made it mandatory that every person that calls themselves a Ganon main is required to know they're f-air spacing in and out. When you think you know your f-air spacing in and out, know it some more.

...f-air is godly

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I agree. His power is beastly, and his attacks aren't THAT slow.

Each of his hits count as like....4 hits from any other character. He's got potential. I beat my friend's Falco main with my Ganon and my friend competes in tourneys sometimes XD

Well I do hate projectile camping against him though.

His Jab should deal 15 damage sweetspotted and have the knockback of Ike's f-tilt XD

:034:

Smash Hero
OhohohoOHOHOH! Now HERE'S a thread I like!

Ganondorf is bad, but definitely not as weak as everybody makes him out to be! We just gotta step up, be manly, go all-Ganon and convince good players to play him every now and then in tourney.

As of 09, I decided to go all-Ganondorf in tourneys, so listen up my friends! Right now, right here, I promise you that by June 5, the new tier list, Ganondorf will have risen out of G Tier! No longer will we be considered only slightly better than Falcon! With all these new discoveries, we can definitely do it!

Let's go and WIN, people!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Take Snake for example; his basics are easy to learn, but he's hard to master.

Ganons basics are hard to learn, AND he's hard to master.

Players who find their early stage with him uneffective, won't stick with him.

But yea, Ganon is pretty bad ;/
Though he deserves a higher spot in the TL.

@HomE

Smash Ace
this is rediculous. ganon is far too good. havent played a metaknight yet that can beat my ganon. his power is too great.
You must not have played even a slightly good MK

if my dog somehow sat on the b button over and over again as MK he may have a chance against most ganons...

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Every cha. is good depending how the player uses it....
why compare characters?
total waste of time..

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
You must not have played even a slightly good MK

if my dog somehow sat on the b button over and over again as MK he may have a chance against most ganons...
I eat decent MKs like snack food.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ever since that one Ganondorf beat me on RC when I had Kirby, I've never underestimated him again...

@HomE

Smash Ace
I eat decent MKs like snack food.
There are exceptions, I'm sure swoops and many other top tier ganons can hold their own(Or destroy) against MK, im just saying.... If someone devoted as much time to MK and you guys did to Ganon, that would be a frustrating fight for Ganon..

Don't get me wrong here, I just think Ganon takes alot more technical ability, and knowledge to use to his full potential(I think we can all agree on this), with MK on the other hand its pretty easy to toss people around with a fairly basic understanding of the character...

It does suck that all Ganon mains live in the middle of nowhere... but i guess we can just keep Ganon our little secret as long as possible :chuckle:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I think if was competing in a different region than I do, NYC - the heart of f*cking darkness - then I'd be able to give Ganon a really nice push up the Char. Rankings List. I may be competing in a central PA tournament this month, and if that's the case, I anticipate placing top 8. The entry fee is insane ($50, comes with price of a freaking buffet!), so if I go top 8, that'd be huge number for Ganon. I'll be keeping you posted.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kosk, I'll be coming over to where you live. Two pro Ganons in one region will be total *****.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Kosk, I'll be coming over to where you live. Two pro Ganons in one region will be total *****.
eff dat, Kalm. Both of you need to just come to NYC. We'll start tearing up the scene and get Ganon so much rep. I mean, we'd have NinjaLink, BUM, D1, M2K, Azen, and more within an hour of the city. We could even drive up to Niagara to give Ally what he deserves during the OiN tournys. :)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I suppose it's too bad that I'm down here in the WC. I'll still be giving all of those other guys a taste of boot, though. Watch me.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
eff dat, Kalm. Both of you need to just come to NYC. We'll start tearing up the scene and get Ganon so much rep. I mean, we'd have NinjaLink, BUM, D1, M2K, Azen, and more within an hour of the city. We could even drive up to Niagara to give Ally what he deserves during the OiN tournys. :)
Pff, screw both of y'all, come out to AZ and we can...hang out in the desert with people that hate Brawl -_-.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
30:70...geography is like a 05:95 **** match up against ganondorf. I gots mountains and brawl hate out prioritizing most of my aerials here, and Kosk and Kalm have the desolation of Canada edgeguarding the hell out of them. The distance between us is always like 60% guaranteed if the first hit ends.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
As for me, I'm stuck out in the ***-end of SoCal. But don't you worry. I'll be bringing a taste of murder to those arrogant fools whom underestimate The King.

TP

Smash Master
30:70...geography is like a 05:95 **** match up against ganondorf. I gots mountains and brawl hate out prioritizing most of my aerials here, and Kosk and Kalm have the desolation of Canada edgeguarding the hell out of them. The distance between us is always like 60% guaranteed if the first hit ends.
I'm stuck in the very center of America, and the coasts keep Planking me. I don't have any safe approach. :ohwell:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys, know Champ? The guy who invented THE Champ combo?

He told me to use Ganon in tourney against a Falcon user!

In that set, I even KOed the Falcon once with an Up-tilt!!!!

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Really guys? When a character moves up, another has to move down. Mind if I ask who Ganon is better than besides Falcon and Puff? Please enlighten me as to how he could possibly be better than Mario, Ness, or Lucas.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Really guys? When a character moves up, another has to move down. Mind if I ask who Ganon is better than besides Falcon and Puff? Please enlighten me as to how he could possibly be better than Mario, Ness, or Lucas.
Ness and Lucas.

See grab releases and gimping. Kthx

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
He isn't better than anyone in the cast, a honest answer.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
I believe that he was placed way to low. He's much better than Wolf in my opinion and Ike, and Mario for sure.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Puff is probably around mid. She is VERY underrated.

The PT sucks a lot too btw due to fatigue and poor recovery.

Top Bottom