• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting up BIOS

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright, another question here from Shimmy. (Appreciate the Turbo Mode info btw, and overclocking, etc)

So, I'm setting up BIOS. I've got 16gigram/3.4gig processor and a hardcore graphics card. That being said, I'm not really bothering with RAID or Overclocking. My question now is this:

EZ Setup BIOS or Advanced Setup?

From what I read, the latter focuses on adjusting fan speeds, cpu speeds, overclocking, RAID, random things, etc and the EZSETUP is for just going with what it's set with.

I'm thinking I should just do EZ, Windows 7, all the software/Sound card driver on the MOBO disc, then Graphics Card instead of doing Advanced then all that stuff.

M@v

Subarashii!
I wouldnt overclock. However the advanced bios gives me more options, and only touch the controls you want to do. Then again you could accidentally mess up a setting. In my Bios all my overclocking stuff is under 1 tab so I just dont go there. Your call ultimately. Shouldnt make much of a difference tbh. Can you always change it back if you dont like it? If your graphics card is EVGA, download EVGA precision. Makes it a cinch to adjust video card settings and most importantly, you can manually adjust the fan speed.

Top Bottom