• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU - Rotunda V1.0

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
count with me adam
I'm just gunna go ahead and add you to the attendance list. We can count anytime you want though.

Oh, also, unless you've gotten better since we last played. I wanna MM your fox my G&W. $5?

I probably won't go, and if I do I won't bring anything.
Thanks for letting us know anyways. Being the TO, I'll have to step up and make sure people bring TV's and setups.

IF ANYONE CAN BRING A SETUP AND/OR TV, PLEASE POST HERE! WE NEED AS MUCH SUPPORT FROM YOU GUYS AS WE CAN GET AS EVAN IS NOT GUNNA SUPPLY US WITH HALF OF OUR SETUPS AS PER USUAL!!!

I know Eric is bringing 2 tv's + 2 setups allready. Victoria, how many tv's/setups can you guys bring? How about your TV matt?

Anyone else, bringing a TV would be MUCH appreciated. Everyone bring your setups as well. If we all have that "oh, everyone else will bring setups" attitude, **** won't get done, and we'll be QQ'ing after singles when several people leave with their cubes/wii's and we have like 4-6 tv's with only 3-4 setups. We need people who are staying later to bring setups in particular. Please and thankyou. =)

booshk

Smash Lord
i dont think its too early just spaced a lil under one month apart from hustle 5 right? not too badd

and i can bring a gc with smash of course

Bwmat

Smash Ace
How about your TV matt?
hah, the one I broke in half carrying home from a previous rotunda tourney?

it still works(miraculously), so I could bring it if I had a ride there and back. I might also be able to bring an lcd, but I don't know how laggy it is so it might not be worth it.

I can bring 2 setups if need be, but my gamecube only has 3 working controller ports.

booshk

Smash Lord
Better than nothing i think! But the lcd is kinda much work to risk i think

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I can bring 2 tvs if eric or someone drives me there and back? they are small, wont be a problem carrying.

and who is gonna team with me? no last minute **** let me know soon so we can practice

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
I have an LCD with maybe 1-2 frames of lag, but the stand screw is missing and I bus over sooo...

Otherwise, I'll bring a GC. Also, I did get my grubby paws on a Dazzle *and* a Distribution Amplifier, so I can bring a recording setup too, though I'm hesitant to use my computer because I'll probably forget to upload. Double checked it and as far as I can tell there's no [increase in] lag.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
hah, the one I broke in half carrying home from a previous rotunda tourney?

it still works(miraculously), so I could bring it if I had a ride there and back. I might also be able to bring an lcd, but I don't know how laggy it is so it might not be worth it.

I can bring 2 setups if need be, but my gamecube only has 3 working controller ports.
That small white tv is the most **** TV ever. No LCD or plasma tv's will be permitted for tournament play unless both players agree to it. It's up to you if you wanna bring that or not.

I have my tv's...with no way of getting it up to sfu

: <
Try to see if you can get a ride somehow. I'll see if I can help you out some way.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I have an LCD with maybe 1-2 frames of lag, but the stand screw is missing and I bus over sooo...

Otherwise, I'll bring a GC. Also, I did get my grubby paws on a Dazzle *and* a Distribution Amplifier, so I can bring a recording setup too, though I'm hesitant to use my computer because I'll probably forget to upload. Double checked it and as far as I can tell there's no [increase in] lag.
As I said before, you CAN bring LCD/plasma TV's but for tournament matches, both (or all) players have to agree to it. That's **** you got a recording setup. We need more of those. Thanks alot Vsin. =)

I can bring 2 tvs if eric or someone drives me there and back? they are small, wont be a problem carrying.

and who is gonna team with me? no last minute **** let me know soon so we can practice
This is the Roby I know and love. NO HOMO

I wanna see a Sion/Roby falco/fox only team. That **** would be so ****en technical.

I'm able to bring my laptop if you don't want to use yours for recording. I promise I'll upload them lol
Awesome Geist, I'll put you down for half a recording setup and a cube =) I'll put Vsin down for the other half, lol.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I just ordered a gamebridge on ebay... I don't know if it will be here in time for the tourney, though.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
What kind of shipping are they using? Also, did you buy from a Powerseller or just a regular seller. I worked for ebay for well over a year so I know the ins and outs.
I'm guessing a regular seller. He sent this:

I appreciate your purchase and speedy payment. I have shipped your item(s) via USPS International First Class as you requested. Please be patient as international mail does take a little longer for delivery. Thank you.

Mark H.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
If it's from america there's a good chance customs are gonna spoil your day and not let you have it before the tournament.

LCDs don't have set lag. It's all about what inputs you're using: Composite, component, or hdmi. Since gamecubes have to use composites, melee's gonna lag. Maybe not if you have component + wii, but that isn't as lag proof as hdmi.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I'm guessing a regular seller. He sent this:

I appreciate your purchase and speedy payment. I have shipped your item(s) via USPS International First Class as you requested. Please be patient as international mail does take a little longer for delivery. Thank you.

Mark H.
Sounds like he's just covering his bases IF the shipping happens to take loner than it should. I could seeing you get it before the tournament date. What Liberate said might be true though. Things might take longer than they should at the boarder.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
im gonna **** every n00b falco in tourny/friendly/mm eg. deap and terrorchicken

and sion

im going to shield grab you with fox

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I added a few people to the list and updated our list of equipment.

ALSO, WE WILL BE DOING A SWISS BRACKET FOR SINGLES! I REALLY HAVE BEEN WANTING TO TRY THIS OUT. INFO WILL BE POSTED LATER.

booshk

Smash Lord
i dont see my name up there n i dun wanna check to see if i put it down but,
i can bring a console

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
At this point, our setups outnumber our TV's 2-1. This is a good thing. I'm happy to see you guys stepping up like this... but we could use MORE TV's. 6 will definetly run us a smooth tournament, but imagine how **** 7 or even 8 TV's would be!!! *pauses briefly to give you time to imagine just how **** it would really be*... Yah, EXACTLY!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I'm not, lol. I can just guess most of them right here though.

diakonos/Sion
patooty/cowear
noobking/blunted
edgeluca/aids
Will/booshk
meta/tahsis
rusty/matt
roby/tony (unlikely though)
etc etc, i dunno

Top Bottom