• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
SSB64 + Melee + Brawl tournaments, two days event on Saturday and Sunday. Dates have been decided and will be on July 12th/13th. Tournaments, doubles so to speak will start roughly at 11:00 am on both days, followed by singles and finally smaller events such as low-tiers / crew / ffa / friendlies. Try not to be late.
I'm open for any opinion on the types and dates of event.

Pizza will be provided at a cost of $5. There are also other food choices on campus, sushi, japanese food, donair, coffee shop etc. (also subway down the mountain..)

Events:
Brawl: Singles, Doubles, Crews
Melee: Singles, Doubles, Crews, Low Tiers, Falcon only
SSB64: Singles, Doubles, FFA

Saturday
Melee Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Low Tiers - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Crews - $5 / person, 20 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
SSB 64 Singles - $5 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.
SSB 64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.

Sunday
Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Crews - $5 / person, 15 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
SSB 64 FFA - $2 / person, 5 stocks.
Melee Falcon Only - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.

All events are seeded randomly, double elimination, items off. POT split % 60/30/10 (events with very few entrants will be 70/30 split)
Semis' and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 5. (except for 64 would be 70/20/10)

Rules:
General Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, all match starts with a neutral stage.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- All team tournies, life stealing is allowed.

Melee and Brawl:
- Entrants for Melee & Brawl need to bring their own controller.
- For Melee and Brawl, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc... (rules will be from the 1st page of BC Canada Thread, the standards)

SSB64:
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom and Sector Z due to cloud, piller and edge camps.
- FFAs, top 2 of each round will advance while the bottom 2 enters loser's bracket, and so on. Stage Dreamland, Peach's Castle and Jungle Congo. Bouns: Polygon/Metal Mario stage
- Controllers will be provided for 64.

Brawl Stages

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium(Melee)
Lylat Cruise

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Tournament will take place in engineering lounge just like all the other time.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
*means unconfirmed
means out of province
AIDS - Saturday
Blunted_Object10 is **** - Both days
Bwmat - Saturday
Canadian*Sniper - Both days
Ced - Sunday
ClouderZ - Sunday
Corbin - Sunday
Coud - Saturday/ *Sunday
Crackhead - Both days
DeZe - Both days
Dieslow is **** - Both days
DJ Combo - Saturday
Dud - Sunday
Dynamism? - Both days
Eggz - Saturday
Firestorm - Sunday
Gerald - Sunday
GMS - Saturday
Goonish - Saturday
Herschel - Both days
Hopscotch - Saturday/ *Sunday
KuroiNeko - Both days
Liverymen - Both days
Manli - Saturday
MSC - Both days
Nintensity - Saturday
Ollimaru - Sunday
OmgItsWill - Both days
Patooty - Both days
Quinn - Saturday
Rampage - Both days
Randall00 - Both days
Sarophim - Sunday
Silent Wolf - Saturday
Sion - Saturday/ *Sunday
Spacefalcon - Both days
*Talking Chicken - Both days
Teddyslayer - Sunday
*TheKoopaBros. - Sunday
The_Yeast_Infection - Sunday
Travis - Saturday
Trozz - Sunday
TwilightShadow - Sunday
Uni Bomber - Sunday
unityole - Both days
VanityAngel - Both days
xXx-Noobing-xXx - Both days
Zm4rf - Saturday/ *Sunday

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - N64 setup + TV (both days)
Unityole - TV + RF switch + 64 controllers (both days)
Firestorm - Wii + Brawl + Laptop (Sunday)
Canadian*Sniper - TV + Wii + Brawl (Sunday/ *Saturday)
xXx-Noobking-xXx - GC + Melee (both days)
Dynamism? - TV + Wii + Brawl (both days)
DJ Combo - TV (Saturday)
Bwmat - GC + Melee (Saturday)
Rampage - TV + Wii + GC + Melee (Both days)
Blunted_Object10 - GC + Melee (Saturday)
KuroiNeko - Laptop (Saturday)
Liverymen - TV + GC + Melee (both days)

IMPORTANT - NEED MORE TVs + SETUPs
Saturday: 6 TVs + 6 GC + Laptop confirmed - 1 TV unconfirmed
Sunday: 6 TVs + 4 Wiis + 1 GC + 1 Laptop confirmed - 2 TVs unconfirmed

Misc:
This is a University, I expect certain level of maturity, please do not go running around and sing the x-mas theme song. Also please do look after YOUR OWN stuff, not other people's. Finally, BRING TVs and SETUPs !!!!!

Please help me with melee+brawl setups, let me know as early as possible of how many TVs + GC / Wii we can get, thank you. Note: I will force to cancel some events if we don't have enough TVs/ setups, so HELP OUT!

ps. My cell number is 604 722 7798...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
HAHA YES! Blunted_Object AND Dieslow are **** now. :p
Would Clouderz be too?

The BIG 3! lol

I wont be coming to this one, but I'd sure love to :(

Edit: *cough*august15th*cough* I'll play for serious now that I'm comfortable with it.

unityole

Smash Lord
HAHA YES! Blunted_Object AND Dieslow are **** now. :p
Would Clouderz be too?

The BIG 3! lol

I wont be coming to this one, but I'd sure love to :(

Edit: *cough*august15th*cough* I'll play for serious now that I'm comfortable with it.
the kid too young, hes not ****
aug 15th, i'll see about that

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm in for Sunday July 6th (The day with Brawl) for both Brawl events. Gonna have to get the day off from work before confirming though.

Jack, you should add the room number for the Engineering Lounge and explain it's on the second floor of the Applied Science Building for those unfamiliar with the campus.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
il more then likely be there for sunday, if i get a red name il try even harder to be there : D

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Could it be a week earlier? I'd probably on the mainland the weekend before that for my reading break and I might be busy the 5th/6th.

If not, then that's no big deal. I don't want to screw over other people's plans on coming just because one person can't.

unityole

Smash Lord
Could it be a week earlier? I'd probably on the mainland the weekend before that for my reading break and I might be busy the 5th/6th.

If not, then that's no big deal. I don't want to screw over other people's plans on coming just because one person can't.
i will prob change it if a lot of people can't make it, sry man

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
unitoyle il main falcon for the brawl singles if i can get a red name? XD (this is no joke)

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
The only Fox player in Brawl will be there Sunday. I may come by Saturday just to watch the awesomeness of Jack's 64 skills :p

I'll be bringing my wii, brawl, and tv setup just like last time to the events I'm attending.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Put me down for a Gamecube. Also will be attending both days. The 2nd day is my birthday though XD. I hope everyone gives generously and enters the Falcon only tournament for melee =P

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely interested in this. Whether I can go is another matter.

Thanks for getting this tournament thread out so soon. :)

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
When do these tournaments start? Especially the one for Sunday, i have Church in the morning so i wanted to know if i could actually make it or not.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
heh, ill probably come for brawl singles both days, sorry i couldnt make it last tourney, i was busy XD

anyways, i wanna know who won and came in 2nd :)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
heh, ill probably come for brawl singles both days, sorry i couldnt make it last tourney, i was busy XD

anyways, i wanna know who won and came in 2nd :)
Tony beat Liverymen in the finals. Liverymen is the Olimar main from Victoria who got 4th last time. You already know who Tony/dieslow is i'm sure >.>.

that means I have to play melee, ill do it if someone whos good at melee houses me xD

I... MAY be able to house you. Not entirely sure on that one. I'll letcha know by the end of the week.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
man, everytime i go back to meele i relize how much tech skill i lose when i play brawl XD, I have to only use spacing with marth and hope for the best XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I still find the biggest issue for changing from Brawl -> Melee is that airdodging KILLS you in Melee but not Brawl. I can't think of anything in Melee that punishes you when you use it in Brawl.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I still find the biggest issue for changing from Brawl -> Melee is that airdodging KILLS you in Melee but not Brawl. I can't think of anything in Melee that punishes you when you use it in Brawl.
Approaching :p

But yeah, I agree. I have this habit of airdodging right after I get hit, thanks to Brawl. Thankfully the hitstun lasts long enough that it doesn't actually airdodge when you press the button.

unityole

Smash Lord
i'm not exactly sure about the dates and havent get the rooms yet. since its early July there might be midterm exam dates round that time, so 5th/6th isnt fully confirmed just to let everyone know. i'm also waiting for Evan return from europe and Stevo's vancouver arrival date/time so i can make this tourney possible and possibly for more people.

i encourage everyone to enter and participate in multiple events, that way matches will be more exciting and it'll make our smash community larger. so send some invites out to your friends, in or out of province.

best regard, RONALD

Top Bottom