• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Coney

Smash Master
oh wait, i forgot ice climbers and wario

i have to be missing more!

EDIT - OH YEAH, SQUIRTLE. REMEMBER THAT ****?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Well, I actually need to get ready for my job interview.

If I come back to see my totally not about MK thread, I've already made that clear topic locked. The Staffer Shack will be answering to a 5 page essay upon my return. :mad:

Coney

Smash Master
did people really use to say DK went even with MK? i don't remember that one

i remember all the others though, and i VERY CLEARLY remember when all the MKs were like "omfg squirtle goes 55-45 with mk"

WHAT

Tesh

Smash Hero
When I saw that Ganon spike a metaknight out of shuttle loop twice in a row, I was pretty sure that one was 50-50 as well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh, I got infracted much faster this time. Does anything actually get you 1 point infractions? Because I'm gonna have to stick to those kinds of posts for a while. 2 is too much. Also its no coincidence that I was infracted by an MK main AFTER mentioning the Sasquatch. I think it is clear what must be done.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think I was specifically infracted for insulting the mod that infracted me last time. and closed my threads. Omni hard countering every approach I have tried.

I have discovered an AT that could change the Falco matchup in Sonic's favor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdAotiHgkvQ

Falco will be forced to approach.

SuSa

I'm not allowed to post a thread pertaining to MK or Banning in Brawl Tactical Discussion.

Should I put it in general instead?

I should really just stop being an ******* by abusing loopholes and being a smartass
:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This is exactly what any secretive group claims when its lack of transparency is challenged.

Smash Labbers are just as falliable as anyone. If you want to keep n00b posts out of serious threads, then moderate them for content. But allow everyone to see partial progress, so that anyone can point out mistakes, challenge assertions or theories, and most importantly: contribute.

But it's not as "cool" that way, people don't get their elitism and colourful names and such.

BBR's secrecy is the reason why the past five pages of this thread have described many mistakes of the BBR, and yet nobody can be held accountable for any of these errors. There's no justice for all the non-BBR people who had argued, correctly, why many of the "official rules" were just plain backwards, formed by "pros" with wrong, ignorant ideas about the game.
Oey, I hope we all know that I don't exactly run the place, I'm just trying to speak on its behalf. I'm glad Espy is here to help me out, but regardless:

Having the place moderated but publicly viewable is... not the answer.

No matter where you are, in Brawl General Discussion or probably the most important thread(s) concerning the metagame of this game (rule-sets, MK getting banned, et cetera), posting flames and things that don't contribute to the topic are still against the ToS.

I don't think that last thing really said anything, but can you at least see that it makes it harder for everybody to see the invaluable information when anybody has the same privilege as anybody else and they post that kind of content? And believe me, I acknowledge that there are people not in the smash lab that are deserving to be in it, and I will even go as far as to say there are people more qualified than I am, but at the same time the opposite can be said and makes as much sense. I don't want to give specific examples of people (that's just mean), but if you look around hard enough, you'll know who is better off just not voicing their opinion unless they at least learned to present it in a fashionable manner. :/

P.S., it's none of the guys at /S/onic. I love everybody here no homo.

I keep my trolling hidden, secretive, and filled with loopholes to avoid infractions and the like to avoid any amount of trouble or being called out for trolling, when it's oh so obvious I'm not... ;)
Oh God yes, it's so fun to see how far you can go without actually crossing that line. I know a couple of mods (particularly Chis) may not like having to keep a watchful eye on me, but I appreciate that I can still be myself and still contribute (or I suppose still be myself and contribute regardless of what gutter-trash I have).

I could care less about infractions.
Uhm, you may want to reconsider that. Infractions after some time become permanent, and when you get that account perma'd you will more likely than not have to create a new account, and suddenly all your old original posts become inaccessible. It's the only reason I myself am not banned yet, because no amount of my trolling is worth losing the helpful information I have posted.

Oh, I got infracted much faster this time. Does anything actually get you 1 point infractions? Because I'm gonna have to stick to those kinds of posts for a while. 2 is too much.
Yeah, there are one-point infractions. I of all people would know that such things exists. :X

It's just up to the moderator's discretion how sever your "punishment" should be. Chis for example has been very kind to me, while doing the same thing I do here has managed to get me a nasty 3-pointer elsewhere. Needless to say, I haven't visited the pool-room for much of anything anymore. :/

Is there an issue?

Problem, Meta Knight main mod?

Please don't hurt me.

SuSa

Try me, Susa.
I honestly don't have anything new to throw on the table. So unless you corrected yourself in the SS ( I'll go check now ) you probably should until I think of something.

Because while being a smartass and making your life miserable. I'm doing nothing wrong or against the rules. I'm doing exactly as I was told.

Don't post it in Brawl Tactical Discussion.

But rather than making more people in staff whom hate my guts (see: Tom), I'll just drop it here and let you correct your mistake and learn from it, without having anything happen.

SuSa

Copypasta:

The only flaw with that logic, is the BBR practically controls what the game is. The community can branch off to do their own things, but when we hold nationals it puts people at disadvantages because there is no standard for playing. People need some sort of standard so they don't stray to far from it, otherwise there is chaos. So because the BBR has control of what the game is they can morph it to fit themselves the best. What will keep them in control of the game? The direction it goes? What benefits them best? I'm not saying every BBR member has this mentality, but it's natural human greed. They are in a position of power and it's making them money. They want to naturally keep this positition and continue to make money. Correct? This is the major flaw I see with the BBR and why major changes are sometimes not enacted, despite popularity or the reasoning behind it. Even despite that half of the BBR actually agrees with the community (which if we treated this like the Legislative branch of the US.... this could mean we'd win the vote...)

I honestly think that's how major issues need to be decided. With an elected Senate and an elected House. One is the BBR which is elected by the BBR themselves. The other is a large collective of people whom are representatives of their region/state voted by their region/state and votes on the manner that best interests their community. This causes some checks and balances between those in power.

Copypasta:

The only flaw with that logic, is the BBR practically controls what the game is. The community can branch off to do their own things, but when we hold nationals it puts people at disadvantages because there is no standard for playing. People need some sort of standard so they don't stray to far from it, otherwise there is chaos. So because the BBR has control of what the game is they can morph it to fit themselves the best. What will keep them in control of the game? The direction it goes? What benefits them best? I'm not saying every BBR member has this mentality, but it's natural human greed. They are in a position of power and it's making them money. They want to naturally keep this positition and continue to make money. Correct? This is the major flaw I see with the BBR and why major changes are sometimes not enacted, despite popularity or the reasoning behind it. Even despite that half of the BBR actually agrees with the community (which if we treated this like the Legislative branch of the US.... this could mean we'd win the vote...)

I honestly think that's how major issues need to be decided. With an elected Senate and an elected House. One is the BBR which is elected by the BBR themselves. The other is a large collective of people whom are representatives of their region/state voted by their region/state and votes on the manner that best interests their community. This causes some checks and balances between those in power.
True, but what are we going to do about it?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
All of this is further incentive for me to just destroy Meta Knight for everything he stands for.

Clouderz doesn't practice Brawl whatsoever and apparently doesn't even have a copy of the game anymore. Could give two ****s less about it or the game, and yet he's still winning in BC.

And that pisses me off to no end. Someone who doesn't have the heart for the game or any true interest in it doesn't deserve to win. And for what? Maining Meta Knight and trolling every single person around him? He's scared of what's going to happen next week. If Meta Knight isn't going to be banned and if people are going to be *****es about idle discussions about him being banned,

I'll just make them regret ever picking him up for the sake of money. This is my pride here. And I'm tired of watching the rest of the metagame suffer for it when that little ******* is bending rulesets for his own sake.

Clouderz is going to lose. If not to me, to the likes of Bundtcake, Firefly, SuPeRbOoM, KillL0ck, Alphicans, I can go on and on. A lot of good players are showing up and someone like him doesn't deserve to win anything with this game.

/i mad at mk lol

Sorry that all of your efforts got slammed down the drain, SuSa. :\

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All of this is further incentive for me to just destroy Meta Knight for everything he stands for.

Clouderz doesn't practice Brawl whatsoever and apparently doesn't even have a copy of the game anymore. Could give two ****s less about it or the game, and yet he's still winning in BC.

And that pisses me off to no end. Someone who doesn't have the heart for the game or any true interest in it doesn't deserve to win. And for what? Maining Meta Knight and trolling every single person around him? He's scared of what's going to happen next week. If Meta Knight isn't going to be banned and if people are going to be *****es about idle discussions about him being banned,

I'll just make them regret ever picking him up for the sake of money. This is my pride here. And I'm tired of watching the rest of the metagame suffer for it when that little ******* is bending rulesets for his own sake.

Clouderz is going to lose. If not to me, to the likes of Bundtcake, Firefly, SuPeRbOoM, KillL0ck, Alphicans, I can go on and on. A lot of good players are showing up and someone like him doesn't deserve to win anything with this game.

/i mad at mk lol

Sorry that all of your efforts got slammed down the drain, SuSa. :\
God, I had to read this twice, make sure it wasn't me.

Not only does this sound a lot like how I feel, but at the same time, it sounds like an epic struggle for dominance, and everybody not Meta Knight is the underdog.

Too bad even with all the combined efforts of 34-37(?) other "factions", the one that stands out now is just way too freaking powerful, and I don't know how that will play out in the end, but it's interesting for me to see in that light.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's an uphill fight in the tournament scene.

Good thing that Sonic's never had a problem with slopes before.

imma slap the first person who calls me out on this by talking about the adventure/classic games where you run uphill and slow down. OUTSIDE OF GAMEPLAY AND STORYLINE WISE BROS

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
straight up, superboom and killlock are probably the only people who stand a chance. also, if he wins anyway, ima laugh harder than ive ever laughed before.

EDIT@ susa, can you be infracted/banned for getting too many threads closed? lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
imma slap the first person who calls me out on this by talking about the adventure/classic games where you run uphill and slow down. OUTSIDE OF GAMEPLAY AND STORYLINE WISE BROS
*Hmph.*

Even then, it was never impossible to get up to the top. Just took a long time.

... I cannot be the only person in here who climbed that tall slope in Chemical Plant zone.

I want that checkpoint dammit, and the booster sent me all the way down. ;_;

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh~!

*Push*

C'mon~!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
straight up, superboom and killlock are probably the only people who stand a chance. also, if he wins anyway, ima laugh harder than ive ever laughed before.

EDIT@ susa, can you be infracted/banned for getting too many threads closed? lol
Good to know you have confidence in me, KID.

SuSa

I haven't been infracted yet, I'm sure they want to temp-ban me by now.

Although my only fault was my first thread, I didn't remember our MK ban discussion rule.

The second was abuse of a loophole, so it really pissed staff off - but I can point to the rules and whine to forum support if anything happens. They really are pissed off at me though.

The thread Hylian just closed had no warranted reason, so I contacted MLG_JV like Hylian told me to. I also went around posting in (almost) every GD thread in the character boards, and started on regional until I saw how messy the regional forums are (No wonder why the regions can't discuss easily with eachother)

So they can't hold that last thread against me...

Top Bottom