• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its KASR son. the dude practically INVENTED the sonic boards.

if there was a way to be 105% justified on a subject, he would have done that.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
riiiiight.

Apparently I suck at linking full names to acronyms. First D1AOS and now this.

NNID
MasterHavik
LOL...I don't understand my response. I have just been playing MK. I decided to slow down trying to play multiple fighters. Going to take it one step at a time. I'm getting pretty good in MK though.

NNID
MasterHavik
Mortal Kombat is so bad tho.
And I bet you think I play KL or Kabal since I play sonic in this game too right? I actually play Jax good sir. I suggest you go try playing Jade, Sheeva, or Sindel. BTW, why is the name of the thread a 3soe combo? how do I know? I played the game....and Necro was kind of my main.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I thought they patched that out.

:093:
My guess is that he's talking about MvC2, but I could be wrong.
In MvC2, everyone has an infinite on Sentinel.

"So why isn't Sentinel low tier?"

Because, you know... he's Sentinel.

More detailed answer: most of the Sentinel-specific infinites only work in the corner. Since Sentinel can fly and use assists and attack and cancel every normal with flight and come back down practically immediately and, well, just being Sentinel, getting those infinites off are a true pain in the ***. Not to mention Sentinel has the most health, so you're gonna have to rack up like 50-60+ hits to ensure the kill due to scaling and stuff.

But it feels so good when you pull them off. :awesome:

Edit: yo, I played that 1st MK recently and was mind blown at exactly how bad that game is.

NNID
MasterHavik
Old Sonics? More like a old Kirby/Sonic player to be exact good sir. Going to my first smash tourney in OCT since I'm sick of waiting for League of Fighters. I'm shock we have a scene here.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So I'm messing around in training mode and I'm curious to know if doing SDR from the ledge could result in an iSDR?

like for example

The open spots are the ledge and let's say you were to run off, jump with your back facing the ledge and touching, then SDR to the stage. Like, he doesn't jump at all during it, he just crawls up the side of the stage and continues on his way.

Basically, this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rA--ufdwRg#t=04m06s

I want to test this. I'm pretty sure someone has already thought of it but whatever.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The invincibility frames have to be cancelled pretty much immediately by you hitting the ground.

Since it happens while you're rising up, you can basically only pull off iSDR if you're going uphill or if a platform is rising up under you.

also, hi KASR

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The invincibility frames have to be cancelled pretty much immediately by you hitting the ground.

Since it happens while you're rising up, you can basically only pull off iSDR if you're going uphill or if a platform is rising up under you.

also, hi KASR

He lives! Ah. I've been doing this consistently and I was just curious. Seeing as it kinda does what is required to pull off an iSDR. Also, we should start platform canceling on RC more. You can do it on literally every platform.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Platform dropping on Norfair is so cool. Its the only stage with drop thru platforms that also have grab-able ledges. So you can ASC PDT ledge grab through the platform. If this dumb stage ever winds up being legal, I'll have to land a sick edgehog that way. Although who the eff gets edgehogged on norfair.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Wouldn't that make him an "outlier"?

Life

Smash Hero
Link gets knocked horizontally in the middle of Norfair at 170%? Airdodge and tether. He can live absurdly long this way (just can't get ceiling KO'd). You don't have to be Legan to pull it off. In fact, I'm almost tempted to practice that now... even though it's pointless as I hate playing Link and Norfair is not yet legal.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea there isn't really much of a reason those chars would die if they have access to all 3 ledges. You would have to semi spike them from the lowest platform. Ivy's tether is ridiculously long and if you take the bottom ledge, it would just hook onto the middle one.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Why do people call (sometimes advance but sometimes not-so-advanced) techniques (and many times you can even call them shenanigans) "technology" now?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey how does Pit beat Sonic? Arrows seem to get out prioritized by Sonic's spindash, and then since Pit's moves have barely any duration and Sonic is so fast, it's hard to catch him :/ Then most just time Pit out anyway o_o

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hey how does Pit beat Sonic? Arrows seem to get out prioritized by Sonic's spindash, and then since Pit's moves have barely any duration and Sonic is so fast, it's hard to catch him :/ Then most just time Pit out anyway o_o
Stay grounded. Pit can't really defend his landing consistently against Sonic. Make good use of your jab when he is close. Rapid jabs beat alot of Sonic's moves and Spindash won't go thru it. Use Jab-grabs and Jab 3 to pop him into the air. Don't use arrows against Aerial spindash unless you can aim for the top of it easily. Use Bair and Uair for that. His recovery is punishable if you can get him to recover low. Use Dsmash and Uair to get him there. Onstage, arrows have to be used from long range to be safe. If he is closer and on the ground, its not safe.

NNID
MasterHavik
guys you have to remember I was playing other games. We even say technology in the Mk community. BTW, any Sonic that plays that game might feel welcome maining Cryax or Kabal. I play Jax because he is my favorite old skool MK character.

P.S.

For those who have forgotten....I'm black.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Stay grounded. Pit can't really defend his landing consistently against Sonic. Make good use of your jab when he is close. Rapid jabs beat alot of Sonic's moves and Spindash won't go thru it. Use Jab-grabs and Jab 3 to pop him into the air. Don't use arrows against Aerial spindash unless you can aim for the top of it easily. Use Bair and Uair for that. His recovery is punishable if you can get him to recover low. Use Dsmash and Uair to get him there. Onstage, arrows have to be used from long range to be safe. If he is closer and on the ground, its not safe.
Well spindash has gone through my infinite jab almost everytime, especially if he charges it >_< but ok it's mainly a a slow paced, careful game it seems.

Life

Smash Hero
On the more social side of things, being forced to take a class because of a rule designed for people much less academically inclined than you, and then realizing that the teacher of class is going to screw over your grades, even though you legitimately understand everything that's going on in said class, sucks. This is the internet, so I won't go into detail, but uuugh. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Top Bottom