• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I'm so excited for Sonic 4. I really can't wait for the game to be released. I just hope Sega won't mess up this game this time.

Looking at the site, it kinda brings up a couple of concerns/questions for me. Like the Wii. I hope we don't have to use the Wii mote as tilting the controller like what we have to do back in Secret Rings. I hope we can just use the control pad and 1 and 2 buttons to play it. Also, I wonder what is the other system you can download the game during the summer. *shrugs*...most likely I'm getting it for the Wii and if it's downloadable for the PSP, I'll get that as well.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
http://www.sega.com/sonic4/us/index.html

DON'T. ****. THIS. UP.

I am reminded of that "Sonic Cycle" picture that was posted a while ago.

Also, the website says the game will be available on PSN, WiiWare, Xbox Live, and "???".

Sega Zone anybody?
...that's actually a really cool idea. On the SEGA Zone.

But apparently nothing new is going to come from it and the 50 games that we get are just that?

It'd mean that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 would have every single episode on the SEGA Zone from the getgo.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sounds good. I'm getting it, of course. Whenever I get the opportunity that is...

EDIT: Saw the trailer. Looks fun.

Did anyone else find it hilarious that during his run from the Sonic 2 animation, they used his Sonic 2 Beta run?
<3

Oh, and the new running animation looks like ***. Let's see if it changes at all.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hype, yeah!!

But yeah, disappointing as it's only retro outing with new super shiny skin as I thought it would be. I hope it turns out to be a good game but I have better things to spend my money on.

Edit: Is it just me or does Sonic's run look as if he's walking?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm scared.

I mean, I'm ****ting my pants in excitement for this game, don't get me wrong. But if you click on their 'character's' tab, it shows Sonic, and then two mystery boxes. Also, he has a homing attack,maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing.

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Hopefully they'll make it so you can post time attack records online against other player's. That'd be neat-o.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It has to be either Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic, Robotnik, or Amy (as Rosy) to be within the continuity.

*Hopes they decide to say "**** you" to continuity and add in Blaze anyways*

EDIT: Dare I say they can possibly be...Super Sonic?
and...
Hyper Sonic?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I don't care who it is. As long as it is NOT: Shadow, blaze, big, or that ****** ***** **** **** ****ity ***** thing that follows you around wanting chocolate all the time.

Edit- Not silver either.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't care who it is. As long as it is NOT: Shadow, blaze, big, or that ****** ***** **** **** ****ity ***** thing that follows you around wanting chocolate all the time.

Edit- Not silver either.

You're dead to me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic 1 introduced Sonic.

Sonic 2 introduced Tails.

Sonic 3 (+ Knuckles) introduced Knuckles.

It'd be hilarious if Sonic 4 introduced someone brand new to keep that trend.

Or it could just be Eggman, since he's, well, the bad guy in the game, and was shown in the trailer.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
No gimmicks.
Sonic only.
Final Destination Mobiussss

It's like they ported the Unleashed models into this.

That running animation reminds of Brawl Sonic's slow run. God dammit I hope that gets fixed :/ And I dunno why they bother with triple digits for Sonic's lives. Are we gonna be going through a lonnnnng ass game? For episode 1? 99's enough tbh >.>

Hopefully they'll make it so you can post time attack records online against other player's. That'd be neat-o.

Mate!! I was sooooooo thinking of making a thread just for that, where the Sonic Boards can post their speed run records of various the Sonic Games.

Sonic 1 introduced Sonic.

Sonic 2 introduced Tails.

Sonic 3 (+ Knuckles) introduced Knuckles.

It'd be hilarious if Sonic 4 introduced someone brand new to keep that trend.
I hope not. They used up their main colours, right? >.> Orange=Tails / Red=Knuckles / Green=LolScourge

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im so scared for sonic 2-d. i i... i dont know if my inner sonic can come back into the light ever again after SU and Sonic 2006...

i..i want to believe this will be good like my Game Gear/Genesis Sonic games were...I WANT TO BELIEVE ****IT

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Screw Anti-Sonic. Screw Scourge. We goin back to the classics. Also, Kupo has the idea.

No Items, Sonic only (with the other side playables in the 2d ones) Mobius.

It better have only the regular playables. And that run Sonic has better be changed into something more epic. That is all.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Pssh, just because it doesn't have any gimmicks (yet) and includes only Sonic (so far), doesn't mean it'll be a good game. That's what Sega wants you to think, aka the hype over SU.

/Stating the obvious

Suspect

Smash Hero
for the longest time i wanted a sonic 4 with simliar graphics to sonic 3...

i wanted it to have espio in it (atleast 1 new character)

now that its happening i see that it looks like *and probably will be* like a sonic 1 super high def.

i mad

Trent

Smash Champion
Sega confirmed weeks ago that Sonic is the ONLY playable character in the new Project Needlemouse game (Now Sonic the Hedgehog 4).

Storyline has something to do with "After destroying the Death Egg Sonic decides to go adventuring on his own to an unkown place. Little does he know Eggman (They say Eggman :( ) is right on his trail plotting another scheme."

So I'm thinkin' Sonic and Eggman are the only characters.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I remember just reading SEGA saying that this isn't gonna be a Sonic 1 copy in high def.

I'll try find the link. Can't find it lol.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
wii points are pretty easy to get ahold of anyway so its no big deal if the game sucks

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sega confirmed weeks ago that Sonic is the ONLY playable character in the new Project Needlemouse game (Now Sonic the Hedgehog 4).

Storyline has something to do with "After destroying the Death Egg Sonic decides to go adventuring on his own to an unkown place. Little does he know Eggman (They say Eggman :( ) is right on his trail plotting another scheme."

So I'm thinkin' Sonic and Eggman are the only characters.
His name's always been Eggman originally.
I'm upset too, but hey, what can you do?

=====

Chronicles was ***.
Having said that, I loved how abuse-able the system was.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Double post:

I just wish more people had the mindset of DEHF/ADHD/X. X, using the character considered to be one of the worst 3 in the game
Sonic is officially the third worst character in Brawl.
Discuss.

Top Bottom