• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You're gonna make it Espy!:bee: GL!

Also, the CCV, what's going on? :0

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
What's up CiTH? =o
heyyyy bio :)

ill be there, you gonna be there cat?
be where ?

Oh dear lord, i miss so many new posters T.T Ello there Cat in The Hat.
Yeah. CitH is a new poster. :/
hahahaha

Oh dang. CiTH. Long time no see. :X
word, long time no see indeeed

ooooh, heey CiTH! <3

Spinshot moar. Where's Boxob when you need him? :(

:093:
lmao spinshot moar

and i havent seen boxob in a whileeeeee

Speaking of Spinshooting, that thread actually altered my gameplay alot, and i don't spinshot for recovery as much anymore (Unless it something like Spinshot > Footstool > FF-Fair stage spike on Kirby or something)
(stage specific to BF) spinshot > walljump > reverse side-B on to the platform > ASC off > shield cancel

yeah, i stay giving random spinshot combos lol

:093:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
*Looks at CiTH's BF combo*
Wait, Side+B, ASC, wut? :088:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Is your state the only one to do that method?

It seems biased against people who cant exactly attened tourneys as often as theyd like due to finance/distance etc.
DJ, your new sig is amazing.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

It seems biased against people who cant exactly attened tourneys as often as theyd like due to finance/distance etc.
DJ, your new sig is amazing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

It does.
It's also much more accurate for usage for Power Rankings than the standard method.

Your sig's much better than that crap you had earlier. At least now, she's showing some actual dance moves.

Browny

Smash Hater
I would have had it ages ago if it wasnt so goddam hard to find lol, I've been looking for it for ages.

Also I think that kind of makes your PR different from normal. I may be wrong, but I thought Power rankings were a measure of peoples performance in recent tournaments against each other and relative to everyone else. Someone could place consistantly very high in your tournaments but not be able to attend every single tournament and they would be ranked lower than someone who might never place that high or beat the same people.

im not saying it isnt accurate, I just wonder if there is an exact definition of the term 'power rankings' in which case yours looks more to me like a normal rankings list just like the SWF player rank list, which incidentally isnt called a PR
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I would have had it ages ago if it wasnt so goddam hard to find lol, I've been looking for it for ages.

Also I think that kind of makes your PR different from normal. I may be wrong, but I thought Power rankings were a measure of peoples performance in recent tournaments against each other and relative to everyone else. Someone could place consistantly very high in your tournaments but not be able to attend every single tournament and they would be ranked lower than someone who might never place that high or beat the same people.

im not saying it isnt accurate, I just wonder if there is an exact definition of the term 'power rankings' in which case yours looks more to me like a normal rankings list just like the SWF player rank list, which incidentally isnt called a PR
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480
UTD Zac explained the system to us, and I think it pretty much covered that problem (since it was brought up in the thread itself). I'm terrible at explaining it personally, since I still don't fully understand it, but you can ask Zac himself if you were curious about it.

He's using this system:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
looool,GreyFox hit by 502 XD

Nice new sig DJb, but i know someone lookng for something like that <.<
Keep your guard :p

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lulwut? o_o

I'm still wanting the CCV!:mad088:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Man i suck at this T_T
I can't even remember a line from a movie of my youth, how saddening.

4nace

Smash Ace
@Espy.

Hey just got 2nd in a tourney as all Sonic. Lost to my roommate.... failllll....

Anyway. I have two questions that I was wondering if you could help me with.

1.) Do you have any tips for coming back to the level when the Metaknight spams forward air if i return in the air or dash grab whenever i try to land? I played a good ground game, but once he took it to the air, I couldn't get by any of his aerials. Should i just try to get away? Or mix it up with side Bs and down Bs to quickly reach the ground?

2.) Any tips for fighting Snake on Battlefield? I don't hate fighting snake as sonic, but on that level, the snake is nigh unapproachable.

Thanks,

4nace

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wedge is right. I mean, sure, I've played Dojo, Dphat, Infinity, several other decent Meta Knights, and even friendlies with M2K, but that's just not enough experience to justify any possible knowledge I might have on the subject of Sonic vs. Meta Knight.

Sorry, 4nace.

4nace

Smash Ace
Aren't Dojo and Infinity from the area? Plus last I checked, Espy was one of the best at the matchup. Even if he hates it doesn't mean he doesn't know it. Also, i'm looking for that razer experience too =).

EDIT: espy beat me =(

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I too want ideas on the MK matchup. I had to play dphat at Phase in Losers R2, and got three stocked both times, in less than two minutes, lol.

I want to try and put up a better fight for next week though.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Wedge is right. I mean, sure, I've played Dojo, Dphat, Infinity, several other decent Meta Knights, and even friendlies with M2K, but that's just not enough experience to justify any possible knowledge I might have on the subject of Sonic vs. Meta Knight.

Sorry, 4nace.
xD
It'd be different if you actually beat any of them.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
*Calmly awaits topic of discussion* *Sips tea*

Why is Marth so hard on BF?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
He can poke through the stage, punish most platform landings and is generally a ****.

I usually ban BF versus Marth. Can he tipper utilt or anything through a platform? That'd be a ****.

Top Bottom