• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

MaverickZ

Smash Cadet
2 sonics top 8 and going to the pro bracket is just amazing. Maybe if this open bracket went on we could see a Sonic ditto GF?
That would be so funny xD

infomon

Smash Scientist
Did Espy vs. X have their MM yet? I know Espy said he was too poor to do it.....

I'll be a bit sad if they meet in bracket, because I want to know how far they each can get against the world. Tho sonic ditto in pro bracket is just silly :awesome:

Edit: KID was there !!!?????

BSP

Smash Legend
I really hope X and Espy don't meet in bracket :(

Unlike other rising characters or people right above the hedgehog, Sonic is backing up his rising tier positions. I hope people are seeing this. TWO sonics. That's saying something.

And was KID really there?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
this is so god **** amazing. I'm so happy for the Sonic community right now.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
"so espy,X,logic,gnes,dojo,mikehaze,DEHF,and MJG are going into the pro bracket. "

the funny part is that DEHF and Dojo, the players taken out by sonics earlier and put into losers, get one more crack at the matchup. i wonder what's going to happen this time around. even logic's opponent, Mikehaze is coming back after logic put him into losers. so its like a possible redo of the matches depending on brackets. i want to see x vs espy as late as possible.

sonic is so freaking wierd. on paper he shouldn't be that capable, even with a good player, to get this far at this magnitude. so much for paper :p

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wait, so how does this work?

If I understand correctly: There are 8 "champs" who don't have to fight *anybody* to be in the 16-man pro bracket? And then we have this enormous tourney bracket of people fighting to either get top 4 in winners/losers (which advance to fight the 8 champs in pro bracket) whereas the rest just get ranked in a non-pro bracket?

That's a neat system, I s'poze.

Who are the champs??

also I'll lol if DEHF loses to X in the pro bracket.... so it'd be like "lolz, get kicked out by 2 different sonics" tee hee.

BSP

Smash Legend
How crazy would people say I am if I said Sonic is better than peach in our current metagame? Seriously, Sonic is getting these results. He's putting in that work. Maybe not high tier, but I don't see him and peach that far off right now. Or any character right next to him right now, especially zelda/shiek >_>

X AND ESPY GOT THIS. You did it once, do it again!

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
so like which one is gonna fa- nvm-_-

X AND ESPY GOT DIS

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
So just got home to catch up and find out. My favourite part.

A good part of the people Espy and X beat, are from Texas/West Coast area.

They've played them before. They know the match up. No fuggin' match up johns.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ KID

Relax, you're still better than me on account of the stronger region/results. ...just use more Sonic.

--

I warned Inui and anyone thinking of it not to sleep on Espy or X. I WARNED them. And look what happens. Ahaha!

BSP

Smash Legend
dojo vs logic fatal vs gnes espy vs rich brown x vs nick riddle

mORE uPSETS cOMING!!!

Let's go Sonic!!

BSP

Smash Legend
Allright...Sonic is at the least TOP 16 at MLG Dallas...TWICE.

Espy and X keep it up. Both of you have made us proud.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I really think Sonic has the tools in his speed and moveset to mind game people, and this is what makes him viable at a high level. He isn't easy and he takes a lot of smart playing to do well with. Mad ****ing props to Espy and X.

BSP

Smash Legend
Top of high mid? Or is that too generous? Don't say sudden though, Sonic's been doing just as well as his other mid tiers, and his amazing MLG performance is just topping it off.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic dittos for the grand finals, wow that would be your guy's best dream come true.
simultaneously the best and worst thing that could possibly happen.

"HELL YEAH 2 SONIC MADE IT TO MLG GRAND FINALS!"
*sonic ditto*
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
simultaneously the best and worst thing that could possibly happen.

"HELL YEAH 2 SONIC MADE IT TO MLG GRAND FINALS!"
*sonic ditto*
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Someone has to get on this FFFFFUUUU- comic.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
When was the last time Espy had serious Sonic dittos?

I can only recall him Vs'ing Kinzer and.... Against Mr.3000 which was bloody yonks ago lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Unless Espy is not documenting anything with Speed X A.K.A. Turbo & the other Sonic's around the area... yeah I'd say Espy's outlier experience with the ditto is me.

I'm not even that good.

But Holy @#$%, I'm definitely going to step up my game. No matter what happens from here on out, Sonic guaranteed top 16 at MLG. X and Espy better take top but still there's no excuse for me to not do my part anymore.

That frame data against Lucario will not do justice. I want to chase my dream too!

♫I'm the Knight of the Wind~!

Our castle is a massive force
A stronghold of power
My armor stays unbreakable
In battle every hour~!♫

Top Bottom