• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Argh... I ain't gonna be able to play Smash for a couple months probably. The most I can do is practice or...gulp...WiFi. Got surgery coming up and I'll be outta commission for a while. I should still be around the boards and the like, but I won't be giving any new results for the tourney thread for a bit.
Oh? What happe-

I'll let you look up what a pilonidal cyst is.
Ah, a cyst? It isn't one of those that disappear the same way they show up? I use to have one on my left wrist for like a year, and I went to the doctor to see I hadn't dislocated my bone without me noticing. Really, even though it looked like the end of a bone popping out from my skin there wasn't any loss of mobility or anything like that. It's really the only reason I waited so long to get it checked, otherwise if it was causing me pain or leaving me unable to bend/twist my wrist in certain ways I would've gotten it checked up sooner.

Get better soon regardless.

:093:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Argh... I ain't gonna be able to play Smash for a couple months probably. The most I can do is practice or...gulp...WiFi. Got surgery coming up and I'll be outta commission for a while. I should still be around the boards and the like, but I won't be giving any new results for the tourney thread for a bit.
Good luck. I hope it goes well.

Sonic Colors is being released soon; I'm glad they're removing faulty elements like swords and werehogs.

'Post once and I'm auto subscribed. 'Later, keep up the winning steak!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There's a 50% chance of this healing properly after surgery, so this is a pretty bad thing. Fortunately I've got one of the best surgeons in the city of Edmonton. If it doesn't heal right though, that means four or so further months of rehabilitation and recovery.

My comeback is gonna be freaking epic though.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Thanks, Bionic!

On the 16th I'll be back home (surgery same day, home same day.)

Asides family around me, you guys'll be the first to know. I might even find some time to create the Profile Thread for the Sonic boards that I wanted to do.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont worry too much about the surgery kuraudo, it'll go fine

been thru a few myself over the course of my life and while they're nerve racking at the end something funny typically happens

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
I've had about 30+ surgeries all my life so I don't think it will be too bad for you if you heal properly. The only thing that sucks is when you have scar that doesn't heal right and it's really noticeable afterwards :( because I have a couple of those.

infomon

Smash Scientist
After seeing those 2 random Sonics get top 10 at MLG, I'm officially picking up Sonic (at least as a secondary).
yeah me too

I've had about 30+ surgeries all my life so I don't think it will be too bad for you if you heal properly. The only thing that sucks is when you have scar that doesn't heal right and it's really noticeable afterwards :( because I have a couple of those.
I'm not sure if this sort of scar will be "noticeable" ;)

best of luck kuraudo.

:shyguy:

BSP

Smash Legend
I wish you the best Kurado.

Has anyone looked at Browny's unofficial tier list thread? Is it just me, or does it annoy you guys too that people still think Sonic's at a lower level than some of the C and D tiers?

Maybe I've got bias, but still, i don't think he's getting enough credit.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I wish you the best Kurado.

Has anyone looked at Browny's unofficial tier list thread? Is it just me, or does it annoy you guys too that people still think Sonic's at a lower level than some of the C and D tiers?

Maybe I've got bias, but still, i don't think he's getting enough credit.
The majority will ALWAYS consider Sonic to be garbage. Period.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So I was thinking to myself today "Oh yo I have birthday money, I should buy sonic colors!"
Then I saw Black Ops and just totally blew all my money on that. Looool.
v bfdgfcbhtcgvhhg hahhahahahahhahaha

im playing all the characters in order, im finally at knuckles on SA:DX, he's my favorite to play as. I also like Amy I use both for Chaos.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic is better than ROB. That member voted tier list is silly imo. It would be one thing to give everyone 1 chance to vote on it all, but letting people vote over and over doesn't give you an accurate picture of anything. Unless you just want an active thread.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
some women find scars attractive

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
D3, that also applies to men as well.
A woman with a scar in the right place would be pretty ******.

:zangoose:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
only legit scar i got from an animal bite is on my right hand and the dog **** nearly ripped my thumb off...

maybe thats why i have the hots for abel

ALL KINDS OF SCARS EVERYWHERE
he has topless costume changes so hes got even more on his bod then this pic shows

Sagat has a pretty *****n scar on his chest
and FeiLong has a costume change with 3 claw slashes on his chest and side of his face which is also pretty manly
Cammys got one on her face thats also pretty sweet :( so jealous

but idk as for irl males having them i guess the more interesting texture they have or depth the scar the sexier it is <333

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so espy about that tattoo toxx we had.....

prawr has a sexy abel, n the reason im using abel is coz he plays similar to DDD/Falco

just seeing his stream name as preciousrawr made me crack the **** up so hard

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonic is better than ROB. That member voted tier list is silly imo. It would be one thing to give everyone 1 chance to vote on it all, but letting people vote over and over doesn't give you an accurate picture of anything. Unless you just want an active thread.
:/

Thats simply the SBR method and it is extremely succeptible to bias.

There is no point in making a thread which uses that method because its already been done before and doesnt give anyone a chance to see the list evolve over time. However THE MOST important part about why I did this method, is because if means people dont vote on characters they know nothing about. I absolutely HATE it when people talk about things they know nothing about because then you get ******** threads like the BBR character discussions full of idiots correcting idiots about things they are BOTH wrong about. Then said idiots go and vote on a tier list when they more than likely have no experience vs a top player of half the characters, no vote at all is better than a completely uneducated vote.

Therefore, if people are very knowledge about a few characters (ie, most people) but dont have enough experience vs other characters to make a call, they can only vote on the ones they know about. Its great that low-tier mains can give their input on that half of the tier list without ignorant tier whores messing up the entire low tier when they have no idea how those characters work.

Thus, I need multiple iterations of the thread to deal with this. If there happened to be one low-tier main who was dead set on making their character mid tier (theres a few of them...), it doesnt matter because for every 1 vote they put up, many others will bring them back down.

BSP

Smash Legend
Main/Favorite bias might be the only problem, but hopefully the thoughts of the entire community will balance that out.

Am I the only one that thinks Sonic at least = , if not >, Peach in our metagame now? There's no way he should be in a different tier than her. His national performance is better than...well, most of mid-tier IMO. But people with their "Sawnik suckz" mindsets...sigh >_> Honestly, it bugs me a bit. Sonic is putting so much work in, and he probably won't get the credit he deserves. 2 top 8's in a national, seriously, come on people.

Where do you guys think Sonic stands?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sonic should be happy in middle tier and results could either bump him mid-low or mid-high. With espy/X's results at MLG dallas he could be mid-high

but im not a true blu sonic main so dont hang on my every word

BSP

Smash Legend
IMO he needs to be: A threat at National Tournaments. If that's high tier, he needs to be there.

Of course, even if he deserves that, he probably won't get there because of the "lol Sonic" attitude.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
maybe with some people its the sonic lol attitude but it can only realistically happen if other sonics step it up in their own regions as well

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Main/Favorite bias might be the only problem, but hopefully the thoughts of the entire community will balance that out.

Am I the only one that thinks Sonic at least = , if not >, Peach in our metagame now? There's no way he should be in a different tier than her. His national performance is better than...well, most of mid-tier IMO. But people with their "Sawnik suckz" mindsets...sigh >_> Honestly, it bugs me a bit. Sonic is putting so much work in, and he probably won't get the credit he deserves. 2 top 8's in a national, seriously, come on people.

Where do you guys think Sonic stands?
We speak not of Sonic's tier placement in here.

And yeah, you may think "then where else?" afterwards, but trust me on this, it just never ends well no matter what.

Few of us ("us" being the Sonic community) can agree on anything. It's both the beauty and the curse of Sonic's diversity. Look @ the MU thread and just gander at how we can't even come to a consensus on Zero Suit Samus, who is a relatively even matchup no matter what. Some will say she's a bigger threat than others (such as myself) would suggest.

If we can't even do that, what hope is there of other people who don't even main/play this character getting Sonic's placement right?

I'm not suggesting anybody here in particular (still?) thinks this, but I'm almost certain some people believe Sonic's moreorless right where he ought to be... and maybe even then he's "too high." Except nobody plays Sheik so I have no idea why people are gonna ride that hype train without a ticket.

There really is nothing more we can do except play better, and play more. Even Sonic tells us this:

"C'mon, step it up! *break dance*"

:093:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Im a pessimist so...yeah you already know my opinion about sonic.

But really, what happened at dallas was amazing. Those two are definitely the best sonic has to offer. IMO People will start to actually fear sonic and see him as a threat if they see more than just two players doing it. Those two are the ones striking fear into people. We all have to do better if we want people to get over this "Sonic sucks" thing. Of course, 2 players repping a character might be enough, but it wont stop people from saying Sonic sucks.

This is all just my take on it though :C

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I agree 100%

It becomes a shame that out of almost any character in the game, Sonic gets the most flack. And yet on the flipside, it's all the more hilarious when you win because some stupidly believe it shouldn't be possible.

"I-I lost to a Sonic!"

...so? He's good. All I need to do is beat Alphicans again when I come back. I'll get him out of that "Sonic is trash" mindset in no time.

@ Speed

Are you on a Green Sonic fad now? lmao

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont doubt your mains abilities

ppl will never ever come to terms with realizing a characters potential without playing said character for themself

so if they get beat by a sonic and cry about it just lol

Top Bottom