• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
:/

Thats simply the SBR method and it is extremely succeptible to bias.

There is no point in making a thread which uses that method because its already been done before and doesnt give anyone a chance to see the list evolve over time. However THE MOST important part about why I did this method, is because if means people dont vote on characters they know nothing about. I absolutely HATE it when people talk about things they know nothing about because then you get ******** threads like the BBR character discussions full of idiots correcting idiots about things they are BOTH wrong about. Then said idiots go and vote on a tier list when they more than likely have no experience vs a top player of half the characters, no vote at all is better than a completely uneducated vote.

Therefore, if people are very knowledge about a few characters (ie, most people) but dont have enough experience vs other characters to make a call, they can only vote on the ones they know about. Its great that low-tier mains can give their input on that half of the tier list without ignorant tier whores messing up the entire low tier when they have no idea how those characters work.

Thus, I need multiple iterations of the thread to deal with this. If there happened to be one low-tier main who was dead set on making their character mid tier (theres a few of them...), it doesnt matter because for every 1 vote they put up, many others will bring them back down.
Yea see the problem I see here is that it doesn't stop people from voting based on ignorance. I can still post in your thread and say
Metaknight-1
Ganondorf+1
Sheik+1

And whats worse is that if I am more adamant about my stupidity than the guy that goes
Sheik-1
Fox-1
Metaknight+1

I can move Ganondorf up to mid tier and Metaknight down to high tier, by just posting in your thread more often than knowledgeable people.
I'm not saying it needs to be closed off in an elitist way, but people should get equal votes in some way.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
He told me that he can't be the best blue sonic because of espy and can't be the best black sonic because of X. He didn't like red. So he's going green now because, and I quote, "I can be the best green sonic. And no, you don't count, you're a scourge. Fgt."
Dun be a liyah. An ike main named Abe made me some avi's and...some pics i'd guess you'd call them screensavers? Lol. so they turned out cool and im doin this for kicks and giggles. And for a friend by the name of MeekSpeedy. and to make scourges mad. When did i say that last quote too? :<

speaking of colors...tomorrow im gonna get mine.

@Stingers
I do honestly believe rob to be better cause of the freaking camping and...what chibo does. @_@
But if you can put the time into this character, i give you nothin but respect. Have you completely dropped rob?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think rob and sonic are pretty **** equal characters as far as how good they are. obviously their strengths and weaknesses are different but I've picked up basically everyone in the game at some point or other and sonic seems to be the closest to ROBs level I've seen yet.

and no I'm not completely dropping ROB, i'm not even sure exactly how serious my sonic is atm lol. definitely pulling him out next tourney though.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yea see the problem I see here is that it doesn't stop people from voting based on ignorance. I can still post in your thread and say
Metaknight-1
Ganondorf+1
Sheik+1

And whats worse is that if I am more adamant about my stupidity than the guy that goes
Sheik-1
Fox-1
Metaknight+1

I can move Ganondorf up to mid tier and Metaknight down to high tier, by just posting in your thread more often than knowledgeable people.
I'm not saying it needs to be closed off in an elitist way, but people should get equal votes in some way.
Except... you cant.

1) If you voted that every update, I would not count your votes and not even tell you that future votes will not count (as happened to 2 people who didnt read the rules and voted the same way every single update)

2) you realise that it takes the majority of votes to move a character right? If you vote ganon up and mk down every single update, they wont move at all unless the majority of people voted them to go in that direction. So good luck getting that to work.

I put more thought into this than you realise.

---

Also lol, enjoy your warning/infraction excel :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm only gonna say this once and only once.

SPEED, YOU ******, GET THE **** OFF OF THE GREEN SONIC!!!

That is all.
What do you care? You red space aussie freak.

/vegeta :awesome:

I completed my large batch of Sonic X icons tonight. It's gonna take a lot to process them all and post them in a coherent order, but in the avatar/sig thread, expect a couple of image heavy posts. It's been long overdue, and the last thing I'll be able to do since I won't be able to go to this computer much after tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience, guys. Hope you enjoy when I post them today. :cool:

Rizen

Smash Legend

It becomes a shame that out of almost any character in the game, Sonic gets the most flack. And yet on the flipside, it's all the more hilarious when you win because some stupidly believe it shouldn't be possible.

"I-I lost to a Sonic!"
Lol, try maining Link.

Sonic mains are awesome; you're a big happy family. I can't make Sonic work. A large part of placings is tourney representation; there are tons of S and A tier character players at tourneys and few lower ranked characters. The more Sonics play in tourneys the better he'll rank.
That's my 2 cents.

Good luck with your winning steaks. 3/4ths of the cast are also covered by high tiers' shadows, so you're not alone.

Sonic Adventure DX is a great game, Knuckles is my favorite too.

Lol, I was going to unsubscribe and started reading then ended up posting. May the steak be with you. Bye.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you listened closely.

youll see that the big boob-ed woman was talking about living on an avenue named after sonic the hedgehog.

also, I disagree HEARTILY with your comment that shes not hot.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
if you listened closel-
You're better off than I am.

I just tuned the @#$% out of that.

Maybe it's because I just did an all-nighter watching 20 episodes of Yu yu Hakusho; leaving me unable to expend too much energy to focus on more than one thing at once.

Still... I feel a bit lousy.

Oh well.

:093:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You have a better attention span then me KID.

Roads and streets are given all sorts of funny names I guess.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
some women find scars attractive
I don't know since I one time showed this girl a scar from a surgery and she was all lyke "WTF EWWWWWW agkl;adsjd;sadg". Mind you it wasn't a disgusting scar as it was only on my forehead lol. We both laughed afterwards but still.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID has the most bizarre taste in women. They both looked like ugly porcelain dolls. Neither of them looked hot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID does like Rouge the Bat though.
+1 for him on that, I suppose. Especially with that fantastic new voice of hers.

Top Bottom