• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
lol I saw the dtaunt. but yeah I think kid was just off or something, maybe some more practice and he'll be back to where he used to be. Maybe even better.

@KID Can you link your mm with Will? I wanna try to learn some stuff about that mu since he's NE too

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
1st Seed:M2K/Anti
2nd Seed: L/Neil
3rd Seed: San/KID

We got out how? And i left cause i had to. Finals are gay, and i just had to think about my next move. You told me that real life happened, and maybe I would have needed to have played more. Iono

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wtf. everyone else told me we didnt get out of pools, I didnt even play a doubles tournament match....

@ the will money match was on my wii, and I havent had it uploaded yet, but when I do, I MAY put it up here.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
San said something about the pool's wins and losses being messed up for you guys, and was discussing it with King Beef. You had one more win or something, i dont know, I was just told that we didnt make it out.

Honestly...it might be time that i should just take a break and really really realllllllly reallly reallly think about myself as a person and re-evaluate how i see things. Im scared of people in-tourney. I honestly didnt think i'd lose this tourney, but I may have gotten cocky. I came in and told KID that I'd be the highest placing sonic and look what happened. And me leaving after I lost was just plain cowardice. I'm just full of excuses. I need to learn how to take responsibility. I'll be back when im a better someone. It might not be skill, it might just be the mindset and determination to win really. Im looking at myself and im honestly disgusted with what i see. :/

Sorry about going off, no hard feelings.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Ethan Nicholas 6:04 pm
shoutouts to good experiences
Marquez Gray 6:04 pm
Pound was definitely not a good experience
but it opened my eyes
honestly
shoutouts to bad experiences
yeah.
shoutouts to shadowhero
did you read my p-
shoutouts to snake's fair
afk
he just
SH'd it
who shfairs with snake
Ethan Nicholas 6:05 pm
shadowhero
Marquez Gray 6:05 pm
gah
did you see my hidden post though?
Ethan Nicholas 6:05 pm
if i were kid right now
i'd tell you
you dont know how to fight snake
to listen to me
Ethan Nicholas 6:06 pm
and i'd show you how in a mm
and then lose to shadowhero

Life

Smash Hero
San said something about the pool's wins and losses being messed up for you guys, and was discussing it with King Beef. You had one more win or something, i dont know, I was just told that we didnt make it out.

Honestly...it might be time that i should just take a break and really really realllllllly reallly reallly think about myself as a person and re-evaluate how i see things. Im scared of people in-tourney. I honestly didnt think i'd lose this tourney, but I may have gotten cocky. I came in and told KID that I'd be the highest placing sonic and look what happened. And me leaving after I lost was just plain cowardice. I'm just full of excuses. I need to learn how to take responsibility. I'll be back when im a better someone. It might not be skill, it might just be the mindset and determination to win really. Im looking at myself and im honestly disgusted with what i see. :/

Sorry about going off, no hard feelings.
Honestly, when we were VMing earlier, I thought "if he asks, I'm probably just going to say 'look, I can't make your decisions for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if you leave "for good" and then come back later'".

(I just nested three sets of quotation marks. Aw yeah.)

Also, did you read my post from earlier in the thread?

Also, in case anybody cares, the back of my controller now says
InCom
*Worse than Speed
on the back in silver and (purple/blue) sharpie. (Colorblindness FTL)

NH Cody

Smash Champion
What Rob's? I've beaten Speed, Bio, Shado, Relaxed, and any Sonic with my Rob as well as Wolf.
Good for you that you can beat shadow and speed in friendlies with ROB! What an accomplishment!

Bio isn't good and I don't know who relaxed is.

I have heard no word of you beating the NE Rob's: Teevee.
I was going to MM him last tourney but there were too few setups to play MMs with all the people I wanted to. I was half a stock away from beating him back in September, and I have improved 20 times since then. I beat ROBs in friendlies all the time, almost every tourney I go to I play at least one ROB and win. I don't need to explain myself to you and give names. I don't ask for everybody's names and remember the 20 people I play every tournament and what characters everyone used. I beat ROBs that's it. You don't main either of these characters so you should just shut the hell up. Acting like you know everything there is to know about this matchup when you probably don't even know how to spinshot. I've been playing sonic since 08 and I know matchups when I play them.

Back up your claims (Without Wi-Fi matches to use as evidence).
You ******* I can beat people offline. I make money at every tourney beating people in MMs. And my region actually isn't free like SOME other regions.
Wolf beats TL. You're insane/SUPER COCKY if you think I don't know the matchup and could beat me in a MM or tourney set.
You're such a conceited idiot LMAO, IF YOU CAN'T EVEN BEAT TLS WHO DON'T KNOW THE WOLF MATCHUP, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BEAT SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW THE WOLF MATCHUP, wow this is not rocket science. I'm also MMing you to show you wolf does NOT beat TL.

btw I know how to punish n00bish wolf rollspam unlike Jerm ;)

just WOW...my opinion of you has changed DRAMATICALLY in the past 24 hours, I used to respect you and think you were just a wolf player who acted cocky to get attention and attempt to be funny, now I know you ACTUALLY think you're better than people when you HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THEM PLAY BEFORE. You're nothing but an arrogant fool with the idea you have knowledge on all matchups and players when in reality you do not.
u cant even beat me on wifi...
Yes I have...lol...I beat you so bad I made you ragequit xD but that's wifi, we're talking OFFLINE. Come to cataclysm 5 if it happens we'll play there. Or the next apex or something.

Let's keep this civilized: the discussion was the ROB-Sonic matchup, not who I can and can't beat on and offline. We should probably talk about the details of the matchup itself, and why sonic has an easy time. I can do that if you guys want.
Hey now don't bring me in on this!

If you call out my name right now you'll only further reduce your credentials. Just because I say and think and do this and that doesn't change the fact that-
Wait....what? lol? Do you not believe ROB is an easy opponent for sonic? Because I recall you mentioning a few ideas about how to punish ROB last year, saying he's basically just a big target...and I was with you on that. Idk what you meant about reducing my credentials by asking you to back me up? You're always good with the matchup/frame data knowledge so I figured you'd be able to explain stuff better than I could.

I'd say people should stop making fun of KID for losing to Will, etc since these other players are good, but this time I think he brought it upon himself.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wait....what? lol? Do you not believe ROB is an easy opponent for sonic? Because I recall you mentioning a few ideas about how to punish ROB last year, saying he's basically just a big target...and I was with you on that. Idk what you meant about reducing my credentials by asking you to back me up? You're always good with the matchup/frame data knowledge so I figured you'd be able to explain stuff better than I could.
That's all I am though. Because I don't go out and travel and play other people, let alone do too much in my own city, I'm nothing but a compendium of paper knowledge.

Believe me though, if I had the immediate opportunity, I'd play every single person the Sonics play; win or lose. I very much like to gauge where I am compared to everybody else, and regardless of the outcome, I much prefer what experience teaches me besides all the analysis and study can prepare me for.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
btw Kinzer, I canceled my plans for Vegas. Too much money.

Hope to see you at WHOBO if you go though! You, Jerry, Espy, X, Cloud, Tesh, Trent, perhaps others, myself, goddamn, lol.

Cody, I'd be willing to say that my particular style is hindered by ROB, but I also see a character that can shut down Sonic at virtually any position so differing playstyles is kinda moot.

ROBs that use Bair offensively? HOLY ****.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yes I have...lol...I beat you so bad I made you ragequit xD but that's wifi, we're talking OFFLINE. Come to cataclysm 5 if it happens we'll play there. Or the next apex or something.

wtf are you talking about...lmao. you are so cute

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good for you that you can beat shadow and speed in friendlies with ROB! What an accomplishment!

I see da sarcasm, yet you use the same justification for your basis of Rob vs Sonic. Why be a hypocrite?
VVVVVVV
I was going to MM him last tourney but there were too few setups to play MMs with all the people I wanted to. I was half a stock away from beating him back in September, and I have improved 20 times since then. I beat ROBs in friendlies all the time, almost every tourney I go to I play at least one ROB and win. I don't need to explain myself to you and give names. I don't ask for everybody's names and remember the 20 people I play every tournament and what characters everyone used. I beat ROBs that's it. You don't main either of these characters so you should just shut the hell up.

I do know Sonic and Rob. I used to main Rob and have been using Sonic for almost 8-9 months now. It's pretty easy to see his hardest matchups when you use him:
-Rob
-Falco
-D3
-Lucario
Etc...
Acting like you know everything there is to know about this matchup when you probably don't even know how to spinshot. I've been playing sonic since 08 and I know matchups when I play them.[/COLOR]
You just hit up on the c-stick at a certain height of down b. It's very easy to do. Just because I don't main the character, doesn't mean I don't understand him. That's awful logic.

You ******* I can beat people offline. I make money at every tourney beating people in MMs. And my region actually isn't free like SOME other regions.
By not placing into top 3-5 (Depends on payouts) you in fact lose money even if you MM because Venue, singles, and doubles fee are hefty prices and I doubt you'd win 20-30 bucks in MM's at locals.
You're such a conceited idiot LMAO, IF YOU CAN'T EVEN BEAT TLS WHO DON'T KNOW THE WOLF MATCHUP, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BEAT SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW THE WOLF MATCHUP, wow this is not rocket science. I'm also MMing you to show you wolf does NOT beat TL.
I do know the matchup. Tell me what I'm doing wrong oh wise one.
btw I know how to punish n00bish wolf rollspam unlike Jerm ;)[/COLOR]
Wolf's rolls depend on the matchup. His back roll is very good. Verse TL it's ok, but it depends on the player. I wasn't always meaning to rolls, some were just accidental when I wanted to do full retreat fairs from shield.
just WOW...my opinion of you has changed DRAMATICALLY in the past 24 hours, I used to respect you and think you were just a wolf player who acted cocky to get attention and attempt to be funny, now I know you ACTUALLY think you're better than people when you HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THEM PLAY BEFORE. You're nothing but an arrogant fool with the idea you have knowledge on all matchups and players when in reality you do not.
Think whatever you want about me. I'm not arrogant or self-absorbed. I know who I can beat and who I'll lose to. I'm a little cocky, but also realistic. I don't try to make people feel bad by saying they are bad or something like you did with Bio in your post. That's just mean. I also don't namecall.
I don't think you will beat Stingers, but good luck. Not trying to get him involved in this shenanigans though.
Let's keep this civilized: the discussion was the ROB-Sonic matchup, not who I can and can't beat on and offline. We should probably talk about the details of the matchup itself, and why sonic has an easy time. I can do that if you guys want.[/COLOR]Wait....what? lol? Do you not believe ROB is an easy opponent for sonic? Because I recall you mentioning a few ideas about how to punish ROB last year, saying he's basically just a big target...and I was with you on that. Idk what you meant about reducing my credentials by asking you to back me up? You're always good with the matchup/frame data knowledge so I figured you'd be able to explain stuff better than I could.
Top, laser, and Dsmash make Sonic have a very hard time alone. Sonic's main goal is to put Rob into the air and Uair him/Juggle continuously in his blind spot. Killing him is very difficult.
I'd say people should stop making fun of KID for losing to Will, etc since these other players are good, but this time I think he brought it upon himself.[/COLOR]
Ignorance is bliss.

One last thing, stop flaming/putting down my skill. You talk like I suck constantly and have this enormous ego out of nowhere. I have not seen your placings outside of last/nearly last in NE locals when I check results. I try to help people get better, but if this is how you act towards people then you just have this scrubby mentality that should change or more people will continue to dislike you.

-Seagull out to study for test.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian sucks if he lost to that.
Im sure you know the old saying, you have to give respect to get it. and people wonder why they dont get any from me. I can understand, personality wise, if you dont like my methods, but Im relatively sure you can see where im coming from at the same time.
I pretty much lost any respect I had for you already. You're just an egocentric who uses anecdotal evidence to form opinions about most things it seems. I don't understand how you could say I suck when I took Ally to game 3 in tournament and almost got 1st seed in the hardest round 2 pool. I was playing horribly against you, everyone who was watching knows that, everyone who has seen me play before knows that. I dropped 17 grabs in the last two games alone. Playing bad for one day doesn't mean someone sucks, don't be so judgmental based off one experience.

Also, you annoyed my friends and you were rude to my girlfriend.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Quest, you need to get over this conceited mindset that just because you main a certain character, that you know EVERYTHING about them and anyone that doesn't main them knows nothing about them.

Have you ever also thought that the ROBs you played weren't the best out there? It is easy to say that Ganon beats MK if said Ganon faces nothing but bad MKs. You can't stem MUs off your own personal experiences because that isn't what an MU is about. An MU is about what tools one character has over the other and who would win at top level play.

The fact of the matter is, at the highest level of gameplay, ROB will beat Sonic. ROB has better priority, better range, better kill moves, two decent projectiles, and better survivability. I could LITERALLY go on for a long time going through the whole MU, but i don't feel like spending that much time on it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hylian, im pretty sure you misquoted me.

If i remember correctly, I didnt say, hylian sucks because he lost to me, what i said was, i play well and beat people sometimes but the only thing I get in return is 'hylian sucks cus he lost to that' 'im glad he got ***** by chibo/seagull/will/whoever.' I didnt actually say i think you suck. even if you did in that set.
also, the only thing I remember saying to your gf was when we were in pools and she was cheering for you and I said something like, he doesnt deserve to get cheered for cus he mains ICs, and during some match that she played that you werent around, I was jokingly giving her some flack because you werent there watching her. i dont remember what else I did, but if that offended her I apologise.

and@ seagull, d3 isnt terrible for sonic.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry I was just annoyed I usually don't go off on people like that :/.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
and@ seagull, d3 isnt terrible for sonic.
Neither is R.O.B. but now nobody will believe me when I say that.

Goggles is a Sonic people look up to it seems.

I want you fellas to try this again later please. I don't want to hear this stupid BS about how R.O.B. is anything worse than 6:4 for Sonic.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
jeez, for over the past 4-5 pages in this thread there's been nothing but arguments :S. Not that some of them haven't calmed down a bit but seriously, are these debates really that serious that we can't just move past this.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I pretty much lost any respect I had for you already. You're just an egocentric who uses anecdotal evidence to form opinions about most things it seems.
Yup, you got it right.

Oh and apparently falcon hard counters sonic, because quest loses to my falcon as sonic on wifi, and so since quest loses to falcon on wifi that means falcon is a sonic counter. So says quest. And quest logic.

Life

Smash Hero
Hey don't worry, I can keep a secret.

(Yeah I'm sorry, you'll have to sorta tilt your head to the left.

Also InCom is colorblind?

:093:
Partially. I have blue/purple issues (funny 'cause I'm a Sonic main), and occasionally light green/yellow issues (mainly on computer monitors tho, otherwise I usually don't have a problem).

In any case, it's not bad enough to warrant the team-color rules, if that's why you're curious.

Neither is R.O.B. but now nobody will believe me when I say that.

I want you fellas to try this again later please. I don't want to hear this stupid BS about how R.O.B. is anything worse than 6:4 for Sonic.
I've played a grand total of four tournament games. Two were against D3 (TechChase's) and came down to last stock both games (IIRC). Then I got twostocked (IIRC) by TKCK's MK (he got fifth I think?).

Then I went against his ROB on Picto.

Was winning pretty much the whole game. I SD'd both my first and last stocks that game and it was STILL down to last hit. I even got to dtaunt the laser. Sonic > ROB -- at least here in Pittsfree. But then, I look at Chibo's vid and I'm like "ROB can do that?". So eh.

As for KID: Eh. He can be arrogant but he gives pretty decent advice. I used to act like that myself (though I guess I grew out of it). I get the impression that he does it on purpose, because seriously, who wants to be worse than the guy that acts like that? Or maybe I'm just looking too hard for the positive, IDK. In any case, I still have that sig...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, you (almost, 1 second left and you had a 20% lead) timed me out game 3 like pre-apex 2 and kid been telling me I have no clue what i'm doing. The 2010 model had liike 150 ledgegrabs in one match. Then my point was you barely planked him and still won without timing him out.
Also, mm at cot5?
Edit: Hylian, chaingrabs that you could've actually gotten (meaning nana didnt trip or she wasnt across the stage or anything) totalled 17.
Kid saying you don't know what you're doing is ridiculous lol
The 2010 model did camp a lot, I really don't like camping anymore, it flat out doesn't work unless you're using it specifically get into your opponents mind and force them to approach you on the ledge out of frustration so you can get an easy gimp
And the level of improvement for you is what's amazing. I mean yea kid got leagues better than Apex and so did I, but our set was still pretty similar, just a tiny bit closer. However us 2 I believe the first time we played was at that mcdonalds tournament (lol @ that) and I won really easily, however when we played at fusion it was game 3 20% away from you winning

Pretty much every ROB I've played I can beat EASILY with sonic, even easier than with TL (keep in mind my TL is wayyy better than my sonic).

IDK what you're doing or how you're playing him, if you're rushing into his nair, trying to punish things you shouldn't be and getting jabbed/tilted for it, always getting hit with laser, or getting daired offstage, YOU'RE PROBABLY DOING IT WRONG :laugh:

Kinzer come help me explain to these people how free ROB is.

I have also watched other sonics play ROBs at tourneys and I could tell sonic had the advantage.
But like... your location says NH lol. Unless you've played TV's ROB a lot and have proof of showing how free this matchup is, you don't really have any evidence, since there's no other ROBs around there that are rly good.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kid saying you don't know what you're doing is ridiculous lol
The 2010 model did camp a lot, I really don't like camping anymore, it flat out doesn't work unless you're using it specifically get into your opponents mind and force them to approach you on the ledge out of frustration so you can get an easy gimp
And the level of improvement for you is what's amazing. I mean yea kid got leagues better than Apex and so did I, but our set was still pretty similar, just a tiny bit closer. However us 2 I believe the first time we played was at that mcdonalds tournament (lol @ that) and I won really easily, however when we played at fusion it was game 3 20% away from you winning

But like... your location says NH lol. Unless you've played TV's ROB a lot and have proof of showing how free this matchup is, you don't really have any evidence, since there's no other ROBs around there that are rly good.
Did you host a tourney at a McDonalds LOL?

Though, SOVAman hosted a tourney at a five guys so anything is possible.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How can anyone be rude to Radium? She's so freaking nice... :(
He wasn't really he just nagged her because I wasn't watching one of her matches even though I was.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, Quest I'm pretty sure you can't beat Seagull Man. He beat a top 3 Sonic just a couple of days ago 2-0 with no lube. You can't even place 13th at a local.

Also ROB doesn't counter Sonic at all (I'd rather take all this to the matchup thread but w/e). I don't think I have ever seen a ROB beat a Sonic really bad. Even Chibo beat KID pretty narrowly game 3 (if KID had been patient, he was damn near upthrow kill percents on halberd) and he is THE top ROB isn't he? Gyro messes up Sonic's ground game? Its a projectile that disappears when it hits a shield. If its just lying there you pick it up and toss it in the air/at ROB. Not to mention he HAS to stay on the ledge all game if he really wants to avoid being punished hard. On stage we have options for killing him. Otherwise we just have hard read stagespikes and the __X__ edgeguard.

Someone buy KID some gloves to keep his hands warm. With all those money matches he lost, he won't be able to afford them on his own.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord

I was going to MM him last tourney but there were too few setups to play MMs with all the people I wanted to. I was half a stock away from beating him back in September, and I have improved 20 times since then. I beat ROBs in friendlies all the time, almost every tourney I go to I play at least one ROB and win. I don't need to explain myself to you and give names. I don't ask for everybody's names and remember the 20 people I play every tournament and what characters everyone used. I beat ROBs that's it. You don't main either of these characters so you should just shut the hell up. Acting like you know everything there is to know about this matchup when you probably don't even know how to spinshot. I've been playing sonic since 08 and I know matchups when I play them.

btw I know how to punish n00bish wolf rollspam unlike Jerm ;)

Let's keep this civilized: the discussion was the ROB-Sonic matchup, not who I can and can't beat on and offline. We should probably talk about the details of the matchup itself, and why sonic has an easy time. I can do that if you guys want.

I'd say people should stop making fun of KID for losing to Will, etc since these other players are good, but this time I think he brought it upon himself.
nobody likes u

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Playing bad for one day doesn't mean someone sucks, don't be so judgmental based off one experience.
Sucks that this isn't exactly the popular belief.

Rob is exactly 6:4 for Sonic imo.
Also, he knows I look up to him and respect him. But for some reason, he keeps forgetting that and grouping me with people who hate him. :/

this is a GD fkn lie. At least as far as the sonic boards go.
Marquez Gray 5:59 pm
even though you guys have something against kid
i honestly respect him

Marquez Gray 6:00 pm
:L
iono
he does understand if you dont like him or anything
but i respect the guy
even if he is somewhat crude
he has somethin i dont

Not to mentioned what just happened this past weekend.

Yea, Quest I'm pretty sure you can't beat Seagull Man. He beat a top 3 Sonic just a couple of days ago 2-0 with no lube. You can't even place 13th at a local.

Also ROB doesn't counter Sonic at all (I'd rather take all this to the matchup thread but w/e). I don't think I have ever seen a ROB beat a Sonic really bad. Even Chibo beat KID pretty narrowly game 3 (if KID had been patient, he was damn near upthrow kill percents on halberd) and he is THE top ROB isn't he? Gyro messes up Sonic's ground game? Its a projectile that disappears when it hits a shield. If its just lying there you pick it up and toss it in the air/at ROB. Not to mention he HAS to stay on the ledge all game if he really wants to avoid being punished hard. On stage we have options for killing him. Otherwise we just have hard read stagespikes and the __X__ edgeguard.

Someone buy KID some gloves to keep his hands warm. With all those money matches he lost, he won't be able to afford them on his own.
Count Teshentine! That is no way to speak on the matter. :glare:

Top Bottom