• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I had no clue that all of this went on while I was gone. Tesh, please aim me lmfao.

Also,

Ethan Nicholas 9:33 pm:
it's just that d1aos messages me with
[9:24:53 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: o:
[9:24:56 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: dude
[9:25:03 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: like
[9:25:06 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: smashboards
[9:25:08 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: and stuff
[9:25:24 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: KID is apparently leaving
[9:26:07 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: because reading tesh and your posts drops IQ levels and in-game ability
[9:26:33 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: which probably explains why I suck balls
and he says that's according to KID
and i was just dying
i havent even read the forums since 5 hours ago
Brandon Olson 9:34 pm:
LOL!
Reading your posts make me stupider.
Therefore, I play on instinct.
/shot
LOL
Can't think? Blame Wedge and play on instinct!
That's the KID way

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I had no clue that all of this went on while I was gone. Tesh, please aim me lmfao.

Also,

Ethan Nicholas 9:33 pm:
it's just that d1aos messages me with
[9:24:53 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: o:
[9:24:56 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: dude
[9:25:03 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: like
[9:25:06 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: smashboards
[9:25:08 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: and stuff
[9:25:24 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: KID is apparently leaving
[9:26:07 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: because reading tesh and your posts drops IQ levels and in-game ability
[9:26:33 PM] Da1AndOnlySonic: which probably explains why I suck balls
and he says that's according to KID
and i was just dying
i havent even read the forums since 5 hours ago
Brandon Olson 9:34 pm:
LOL!
Reading your posts make me stupider.
Therefore, I play on instinct.
/shot
LOL
Can't think? Blame Wedge and play on instinct!
That's the KID way
get em wedge. get em.

o btw, I'm not a good Sonic. D:<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Woah~!

I... think I see how it is now.

Goggles, having known enough about you, I think the most important thing to yourself is just that, right?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

But I see where the attitude comes from.

But again, I can't stress how there's no problem with this.

It's just...

That's not me.

... I... think I finally understand....

I believe that's what it is that I want to do; which funny enough I've already said it. It is to attempt to make this community better. I've already addressed one way to go about doing that; Increase the overall skill level of the community members.

Finding out ways to go about that is irrelevant for now, but that is what I want to do in the end. When I leave, I want everyone that takes it upon them self to get better, to be able to do just that. One way is just as Tesh later said, to try and post things that are of relevance, mainly with guides and how-tos.

It is all a work in progress. Right now, it's going to look bad because, and I'll be damned if I'm wrong on this, none of us have completely mastered every single aspect of Sonic, nevermind whether or not Sonic's metagame has finally stagnated. I don't think it has, but that's not the point right now. It will only be accurate and complete when one of us that achieves "perfection" makes it indisputable and lays out the clearcut and one, "truly successful" way to play Sonic for everyone to dissect, analyze, and more importantly write-down for people who are more literate than visual learners. Whether or not that perfect Sonic wants to do two-jobs in one is not important, just somebody has to do one of those two thins, and one needs to happen before the other.

I'm still gonna try to keep it up to date though.

Moving on... Espy; who has proven to be with consistent high-results and with different "high-level players", will admit that even he has room to improve. It is nothing short of natural that humans aren't perfect and it takes an incredibly long time just to figure out how little we actually know.

But that's just why I wanted to bring everyone together. I believe that thanks to Sonic's diverse metagame, he allows people to play him in more than one way, which is part of why none of us have yet to get him down to an (or "that") exact science. I believe that if we could get insight from everyone and apply the ideas from each aspect that it would somehow mesh itself into something that is in theory the "Perfect Sonic." It would certainly bring us closer to that end result, no doubt.

That may be another reason of why I haven't given up, even though it's crossed my mind many times how annoying I think this place can be. I don't think I need to say what does, but for this reason among others, I'm glad to see that my patience pays off.

... I just wish that we didn't have to fight or argue. I don't want to admit it, but I think it may be inevitable that not all of us can get along... Still, if we could just find something to work on that, it may get the result I'm seeking, or close enough to it that a one cut corner may not be that big of a problem, if at all...

Anyway... I suppose if I were to be selfish for a second and say I were to look to improve myself solely, I still needed to try and make this place more navigable. I cannot explain why, but I do find that I can improve with the insight and wisdom of others. It makes sense from my perspective anyway, I alone am but one, uncreative person; which is why for my sake I need to leech off others so I can see to it that I "met my goal" of "becoming a top-level Sonic." I try to deny it, but I suppose that's how I work. I hate it to be honest, I shouldn't have to freeload off the good will of others, I should be the very thing I loan off of...

But back to what I was saying about being annoyed, you have no idea how angry I would get when I would try to be the initiator of discussion only to have my ideas shot down with criticism. Of course many will argue that that's just one form of advice, but when it got to the point where it was just criticism and never telling me "oh you should do this or that instead" and just telling me "you're wrong because blah blah and blah," you can bet I would be pissed. For the sake of not looking like a jerk I kept it to myself and tried to understand what else to do.

I think that's what I am suppose to do in the end anyway, instead of having other people just point me in the right direction. I'm not sure if it was entirely right though, but what's done is done. I'm certainly taking it upon myself to take a more active role and start making up my own improvisations as I go.

[collapse="laments of the past"]... By the way, I think I got angry just because of things that I've had to deal with in the distant past, as in long before I even knew this community existed. You can blame my step-father somewhat for this one. When I use to take Kung-Fu classes, he was the only person I had who could look for my bad habits and help me train since I couldn't find anybody else to practice with and my mom had to work. Needless to say, what he did for me is part of why I'll never work with him on any sort of group project, because it's one thing to be a horrible motivator, but it's another ballpark to kill somebody's dream. He may not have done it intentionally, but it still hurt nonetheless when I only get told what I do wrong instead of being praised for the few things I managed to do right. Uuuuuuuugh, still bothers me to this day, and I won't deny that I had problems of my own which may have prevented me from becoming the next Bruce Lee or whatever.

That's all said and done though. At least I can learn from my past and do better for the present and the future. Right now I'm trying to make it so that I don't give up on myself in the road to become the greatest Sonic this Earth has seen.

Anyway, I would also never recommend anybody do what I did. I've only recently learned that in order to become my own legend, I need to set my own example and only steal good ideas to rework them into something that applies to me, and hopefully give enough back that my penitence isn't as harsh as it would be without returning what was "lost," for lack of better terms.
[/collapse]

... I'm not sure if there was anything else I wanted to address right here... I think I got it all, so onto the next quote box...!

Moar stuff.
Yeah, you're right. Now that you mention it, you're right that this has to be something you have to enjoy. If you don't like what you do, there's no point. I was taught this lesson, and I feel ashamed that I've forgotten...

... But at the same time, I am happy that I remember what matters to me most... and to me, it is nothing less than to see the success of others.

That's why I get down when I quit. I don't know the person as well as they do, so that's why I get down when I think that they retired "too soon." Heh, shows how little I know, huh? It's also out there and exposed that I definitely don't always have the best method of approach, but so it is. I'll be the first to admit that I'm kind of doing this as I go along, just until I can study for that little diploma that makes me an official "know it all" on Psychology, hehe.

You are also right on how I failed to address the fact that it isnt mainly that people can't find something to work on, it's the fact that the local communities aren't exactly supportive of this ideal. I'm just lucky, but at the same time... Meh, there leaves much to be desired. I should've lived somewhere in Cali. Ah well, I shouldn't complain and instead find ways to raise awareness here in Las Vegas.

... That too, is a work in progress... *Ahem.*

Yes. Just leave it to me. Like I said, I've made a promise to myself and perhaps both directly and indirectly to others that I'd do my best. In everything no less; that includes making this place the ultimate knowledge compendium.

Hey Tesh, even if may not have been clear, I just want to say I'm sorry if I ever made it look like I got annoyed with you, and I am as equally sorry if I may have been difficult to work with.

Future's looking pretty bright. :)

Dude. Come visit me in Alberta? LMAO

Seriously, I think that we as a community are pretty legit when it comes to skill, but honest to god? Not worth your time with how small we are, unless you lived like, stupidly close to begin with. :p I'll give you the heads up when our tourney scenes reach over 40/50 people constantly.
No excuse broski. I went all the way to San Antonio just to see Espy, despite his local community only having around 15-35 people as well. It's definitely worth it just to see the people I'm working with, and hopefully soon enough the people who may very well be following me.

... That's not an out of this world idea to think, is it?

Stuff + TOUHOU!!!!!!!!
Yeah right, I understand life can get in the way too. Nothing can be done about it, and I won't delude to thinking otherwise. I'm just lucky to have it pretty easy for now I suppose.

... BTW, how has life been treating you as of late? You holding up okay bro?

Also, are you talking about the Sonic Xat that we've all agreed upon is no longer the Sonic xat and for the sake of things it's best to leave it dead?

... Yet if that place has Touhou talk... However~... If it isn't the Sonic Xat, would you mind telling me where it is... Right now...? 'Less you mind not that I threaten you with the usual~...

No, I did not make that last one, despite how I like to work with paint lol.

... But I'm kidding (maybe)! *Ahem.*

Regardless, yeah I don't like the online community either. I'm not talking about this place specifically, in fact I think it's one of the better parts. I mean the communities based on Wi-Fi or things that don't pertain to what the original purpose was.

For the sake of saving yourself the trouble, I'd just ignore them. Worry about them not at all, and focus on what's important to you eh? If that means that you need to start your own thing, why not? There may very well be people who think like you, who knows? May get shunned by the same people, but what's the worst that can happen with an online forum/social group/blah? Your project fails and you go back to square one? Pff. Something I'm thinking about is that if the idea takes off, some of the people will conform, or simply put they'll leave. In the case that they leave, nothing of value will be lost.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm doing ok, for the most part. I have to go back home for the summer, which makes me feel really inadequate, being 21 years old. I want to get an apartment here in Norman so I can live on my own, but the one job I could get with a good income - being a lifeguard at the YMCA - is unavailable to me since my Lifeguarding license and CPR license expires in a few days, and I can't find a class anywhere to renew it. So I'm back at home with no job...yeah, I just don't like it. As far as my love life goes, I'm in that awkward hurdle between "should I text her and try to keep our friendship?" and "should I never attempt to talk to her again, lest things get totally awkward between us?" But I have moved on, and have had Chozo to help me out through it, so I'm really grateful to have him as someone I can rely on.

The xat chat is the xat for the weekly wifi tournament I mentioned, so you wouldn't know about it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
But see, Kinzer, there's a difference.

The only attachment that I can see KID having to being in Alberta is, well, me. I'd totally go to San Antonio though because I know and love everyone I met while I was at WHOBO 3. Honest to god you guys are the best people to chill with period. S'like an American, Texas, Bronified version of the Alberta Smash scene here.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
what this game really needs is next gen. smash, inside a next gen. nintendo system running 1080i, has lobbies spectator mode, good net code, and DLC.

We'll have to see what happens at E3. Until then lookn forward to Street Fight x Tekken and finding out more info on the next Guilty Gear

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
technically the wii does have DLC but its not as user friendly as PSN or XBL

theres just no need for us old schoolers, who have all the original copies, to even bother DLC **** we already have

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
DAMMIT KINZER
TOO LONG
DIDN'T READ
notcaps
Your loss~.

But see, Kinzer, there's a difference.

The only attachment that I can see KID having to being in Alberta is, well, me. I'd totally go to San Antonio though because I know and love everyone I met while I was at WHOBO 3. Honest to god you guys are the best people to chill with period. S'like an American, Texas, Bronified version of the Alberta Smash scene here.
... Didn't I just say back then too how that one person was worth it and the rest of the community was just the bonus?

I'm a weird person. Meow~. X3

Tesh

Smash Hero
[collapse=One day google is gonna realize....]

[/collapse]

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Espy, there are furry cosplayers in my dorm's basement.

Said cosplayers are about to play Twister.

Pictures, yes/no?

:phone:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would get it and save it, just in case he says yes but can't see the message now.

Also InCom, you should've posted the quote while you were at it.

Tesh's remembers what I aid about all of us having the potential to be the greatest.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I'm so glad I'm done with finals. Now I just have to worry about this week is my next tournament I'm hosting which is a fundraiser tournament for my friend Vince who passed away almost 2 years ago by falling to his death at his work. The family created a scholarship under his name and we will be raising money at that tournament

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I mean KID, i'll still post here from time to time. :x Miss you guys but i feel like a traitor lol.

Kinzer, sorry dude. MK9 picked me right up and im devoting my time to that. Its amazing and so friggin fun. I tried to play brawl but its to the point where i cant even hook the wii up dude. The game is just. too. stressful. call it johns or whatever, but i decided this for myself.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My roommate got MK9 when it came out and spent the whole week playing it.

He hasn't touched it since.

Btw, where is Genesis? In Cali, or somewhere in the northeast?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Okay wtf is MK9? Are we talking about Mortal Kombat? This game has such ****TY ONLINE. Seriously, I now have ANOTHER fighting game that I need to go find people to play with offline.

Also this title is kind of old eh? Didn't we go through some KID/Tesh/Wedge/Kinzer drama?

Anyways, I know I seem like a serious Sonic game hater, but I guess I'm just sour about how each one seems to have something thats obviously so good and so cool and they always manage to ruin it over at Sonic Team. Meanwhile other fresh ideas from other companies have solid execution so its not like its impossible. Some games really nail a compelling story, some have an okay stage design (for some stages) or a couple of legit bosses. Now and then you get some top notch tracks on stages. I just wish they would get like 60% or more of it right at once. Thats why I love Sonic CD so much. It wasn't very challenging, but everyone about it was just so fun and enjoyable. Sonic Rush as well, but to a lesser extent.

Also, I'm back on AiB ladder being a douchebag again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjlfLwG5lw

Edit: adding hilarious **** moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG_ubZjbinI&t=3m50s

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol... Another fighting game, another short lived fad which dies hard after so much initial hype.

sonic storm yeah its in cali, san fran. Moar sonics should come :>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm going to try and take a summer class to help advance my new degree plan for history, so I'll see if I have ample time for a cross-country trip to Cali.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol... Another fighting game, another short lived fad which dies hard after so much initial hype.

sonic storm yeah its in cali, san fran. Moar sonics should come :>

Well, to be fair, it's still an awesome game to play.
Just...not competitively. It's just not fun that way.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
A damn shame. And here I was really happy I'd get the chance to finally meet you, back when you were confirmed and coming with Bionic to this...
Like I said, I really hope I can come. TBH, I really need to get out of Las Vegas for a while since I'm going insane not having a chance to leave town without having to do something family related.

Top Bottom