• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I am sincerely considering quitting if MK gets banned. I am heavily considering quitting everyone but MK because I can't come close to winning otherwise. Also, it would be nice if people would CRITIQUE my videos instead of them just sitting there. I don't have Tesh/Tails/Kinzer go through the trouble of recording them just so I don't get the criticism I so desperately need. Seriously.
Is that really how you wanna look at it? Just have some fun, and pick a character you like to play. If you are looking for critique. I could try to help, but I don't know how good my advice would be. Most of the time, "critique this plz" goes more or less ignored, so I'm about as unsure as you are. If may help to an extent if you work on playing characters like Marth and Snake to work on your basics more.

Its part of why I've been working on my MK and Pit. Pit helps me work on my close range game because he is so damned slow, as well as knowing how to camp and what to do when my opponent gets to me (because I can't just spinshot to the other side and do it again. Another helpful side effect is that when you lose, the people around you understand why and can help you more.

Edit: I'm willing to help you with what I can, but its not easy when i rarely get to see how you play.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
13:2 with a character online who can get away with Ouroboros zoning/spamming and get away with it while I have nothing but physical stuff. /excusesexcusesexcuses

good Haz though, obviously. hahah.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Stuff.jpg.
._.

Please don't forget that I am on AIM practically all the time and if you ever want my $0.02 I can spare those measly pennies if it means you'll feel better. I don't always say anything because sometimes even I don't know what to say; immediately or given time, shamefully.

Even if I'll be going to school, I'll always try to find time to be around and finish my stupid little community projects; as well as put time aside to personally help others of they want my help.

:093:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Is that really how you wanna look at it? Just have some fun, and pick a character you like to play. If you are looking for critique. I could try to help, but I don't know how good my advice would be. Most of the time, "critique this plz" goes more or less ignored, so I'm about as unsure as you are. If may help to an extent if you work on playing characters like Marth and Snake to work on your basics more.

Its part of why I've been working on my MK and Pit. Pit helps me work on my close range game because he is so damned slow, as well as knowing how to camp and what to do when my opponent gets to me (because I can't just spinshot to the other side and do it again. Another helpful side effect is that when you lose, the people around you understand why and can help you more.

Edit: I'm willing to help you with what I can, but its not easy when i rarely get to see how you play.
Improvement = Fun for me. I've regressed and I can't seem to pull myself out of this hole of stagnated skill. I can't figure out why either. Lux told me to spend time in training mode and work on stuff like frametraps but it's mostly applied to ICs. It could all be in my head and I'm just too busy being pissed off at my performance to notice anything remotely resembling an improvement. It could be my controller that is gradually getting more and more jank. It could be this HD TV that I have to play on. I don't know what it is.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would take some time to help me out. It's been 2.5 years of me playing Sonic and I've yet to become a decent placing player. I'd settle for 9th in a 20-30 person tournament instead of 17th and 21st and so on and so forth.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Man lots of money..... Really makes me feel like not going and just deal with tournaments in my state or maybe next door... Just thought it would be a cool experience to meet a lot of people. Still want to attempt to go to APEX but shall have to over work myself like crazy. Especially with all my college classes. lol
kinzer is over stating greatly.

from florida to jersey you could probably find tickets for 200-300 round trip if you started looking now, and in the right places

if you can find a group of smashers to let you in their hotel room, that could bump the price down to ~25 bucks a night depending on how many people are in the room.

the tourney venue is in a hotel so you dont have to worry about looking for stuff.

and rockin that dollar menu-airre swag to feed yourself for 3 days can be done on another 25 per day. and thats assuming 3 meals a day, when at nationals, youll probably only have time for 2. Add in another 50 or so for randomness and money matches and your probably looking at like 750. which is half of what kinzer said. He travels with his parents, so he not used to being on the hustle and getting by on the cheap.
Improvement = Fun for me. I've regressed and I can't seem to pull myself out of this hole of stagnated skill. I can't figure out why either. Lux told me to spend time in training mode and work on stuff like frametraps but it's mostly applied to ICs. It could all be in my head and I'm just too busy being pissed off at my performance to notice anything remotely resembling an improvement. It could be my controller that is gradually getting more and more jank. It could be this HD TV that I have to play on. I don't know what it is.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would take some time to help me out. It's been 2.5 years of me playing Sonic and I've yet to become a decent placing player. I'd settle for 9th in a 20-30 person tournament instead of 17th and 21st and so on and so forth.
you probably do need to practice more.

Life

Smash Hero
The Lucario version works on any ledge with a wall underneath it, not just BF/FD. This includes all starters, parts of Delfino, Halberd's ship, parts of RC, but not Brinstar, Halberd and Delfino's semipermeable platforms, etc.

Also, re: the last few seconds, let the record show:
We have iSDR tho so it's not like we should complain... (although it makes one wonder if there's a way to iSDR on ledges somehow, that would be broke)
7/11/11
We never usually have to think about this, but what are the exact conditions for isdr? I don't mean "do spindash on a slope", I mean "Sonic's on the ground by frame 2 of his release" or before his invincibility ends or whatever it is. Because if there's a way to land on that exact frame, much like the way DK finds one in this vid, then hey.
7/12/11
Tesh has a couple too

Not gonna push the issue, but the idea's been floating around since that MGM, or possibly longer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I really wish I could do some kind of camping video. Not a joke one like my "how to" series on the wifi ladder. Just about the basic camping mixups people don't seem to abuse with Sonic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That is something I would be interested in, I suck at that.

We do need to rexplore all of out old discoveries though and see if practical applications are there.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Well you have access to a good deal of my replays. Any critique or ideas would work wonders.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Mario can cape shuttle loop and gimp Metaknight at any percent, this is no joke.

Tesh

Smash Hero
....wtf?

You put Ganon as a +1? With Luigi, Ike (good version of ganon), Pit and Sheik.

Also you can't put Sheik as tougher than Sheldar. Proper use of Sheldar means mostly Sheik anyway. PT loses as hard as Link and Puff easily, but not as bad as Samus/Ganon. DDD is very stage dependant, but come on, he has that CG on us and a guaranteed kill setup out of it. I wouldn't really call that even. And I definitely ouldn't say Falcon is up there with ZSS, Marth, Peach, DDD, ICs. He is pikachu level.

Samus is one of Sonic's easiest matchups.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
samus is easy? idk man, I played noid and got wrecked hard.....owait idk samus nvm..my bad. only thing I do know is that samus rollback is terribad and can be punished

Tesh

Smash Hero
All Samus has is her spacing. Sonic destroys that. He beats her in any situation I can think of. Her air game is harmless and can't kill you, yet her ground game is so abysmal that she won't even stay there aside from a punish. Her recovery is weaker, her projectiles all lose to spindash (which means you often don't have to deal with lagless missle traps.

Just don't get hit by Dair and she won't have an easy time getting you to 170 for the kill.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I lost to Xyro at my first ever tournament. He is also a much better player than I am and losing to him doesn't really change the way I feel about the matchup. Samus has similar problems to ZSS, buts its soooooooo much worse. She can't cover her landing well against Sonic, she can't compete on the ground, she can't juggle him ( hell you can get hit on purpose by uair/fair and its not a big deal) and she can't punish him hard.

I'm quite curious about the Wario matchup though. Its almost like Sonic dittos, cept he can really bring the pain if you aren't careful.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Better safe than sorry.

from florida to jersey you could probably find tickets for 200-300 round trip if you started looking now, and in the right places
Eh sue me for living across the nation, or not getting the dirt cheapest seats on the most unreliable airfare.

if you can find a group of smashers to let you in their hotel room, that could bump the price down to ~25 bucks a night depending on how many people are in the room.
I really lost it here, seeing as how getting housing is not something remotely within your immediate control.

the tourney venue is in a hotel so you dont have to worry about looking for stuff.
I suppose in this specific case, but then again I was trying to speak in general. As in in the case that you'd be doing this again to another place, another time.

and rockin that dollar menu-airre swag to feed yourself for 3 days can be done on another 25 per day. and thats assuming 3 meals a day, when at nationals, youll probably only have time for 2.
Talk about poor dieting. :/

Add in another 50 or so for randomness and money matches and your probably looking at like 750.
Money matches are a gamble. You of all people would know this (not trying to instigate).

But I suppose I'm the go-to guy for gambling, now aren't I?

which is half of what kinzer said.
I want to go on trips with comfort, not constantly worrying about every penny I spend. That's almost the point of going out on vacation; to relax.

He travels with his parents, so he not used to being on the hustle and getting by on the cheap.
Normally I would take this as a personal shot, but I'm so ****ing glad that I'm no longer a minor and Mom can't force me to do ****, meaning I can stay at home and laugh at how everybody makes a big deal of being able to go see famous tourist sites while I can do the same thing from the comfort of my home and for a helluva lot less money.

If I ever, ever travel by myself, I will keep it professional and go on business trips, or plan so far ahead instead of cramming everything within a budget of both finance and time like how my mother does that it will be a non-issue to me.

vdfuigbydgbydgyo8gho9ghzx89gxzrg

BTW Dillard never leaves the house, it's just my mom who went on these ridiculous adventures and took me for prisoner. I should've been nicer to him these past few months/years, I'm beginning to realize he's more sensible when it comes to how to live life, even if he is terminally ill with advanced prostate cancer. My mother is a volatile, unstable molotov cocktail just waiting to burst and I don't want to follow a grand majority of her bad examples.

So Nike said over on the Marth boards that BBR matchup chart v2 is starting, thoughts?
That's correct.

:093:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I didn't realize how much I needed to see this...

and rockin that dollar menu-airre swag to feed yourself for 3 days can be done on another 25 per day. and thats assuming 3 meals a day, when at nationals, youll probably only have time for 2. Add in another 50 or so for randomness and money matches and your probably looking at like 750. which is half of what kinzer said. He travels with his parents, so he not used to being on the hustle and getting by on the cheap.
So I live in NYC... if I saw right, I can do a round trip train ticket for like 15 bucks. I could totally share my room with minimal issue (i'll just have to make sure not to bring too many valuables and/or bring a safe... I've heard too many stories... if something of mines goes missing... **** all that ****... sorry about getting all ghetto right there, but yeah...) 25, even 50 bucks sounds viable.

I can definitely eat food on $25-$35 a day. I think that I eat well enough at home such that I can blow money on bulls hit for a weekend.

50 or so on moneymatches? I think I have an MvC2 money match that's gonna be 50 on its own. I might have an ST money match for 10+ bucks. So yeah... that might be the most expensive part of my trip.

So like, 200+70(tourneys... I'm tryna enter a ton of **** that I'm obviously not going to win) = 270... round it off and make it a solid $300... sounds very doable for me.

you probably do need to practice more.
Oh yeah. I do. lol

KID wins Post of the Day award for me.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Ive been trying to get down that iSDR for any stage for 2 years now. lol We really need to figure out the EXACT conditions needed for iSDR. Kinzer im counting on you lol.

@ Oreo: PM if you need any tips or suggestions, I am more than willing to critique and aid you in some better understanding of the game.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yeah. Im sure thats the case IC, but my point is we need to break it down in detail and start testing it; all of us. How amazing would that be if we could iSDR ANYWHERE? This is serious business.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we could iSDR anywhere, we'd have a winning match up against Ice Climbers and Wario.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If we could iSDR anywhere, we'd have a winning match up against Ice Climbers and Wario everyone.
imo

Speaking of the Wario matchup, could anyone give me some tips for Sonic v Wario. I have 3-4 money matches against Warios next week and I've only played the matchup....once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hx8N4Wh6i4 oldish but i can pretty much guarantee I'm still this bad. Help please?

Also it probably wouldn't kill us to post any useful information here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300038

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this just in. if you are from florida or friends with florida smashers, most of them are going to be staying in an alternate hotel from the main apex hotel, which is going to be 60 dollars a night. and they are most likely going to be cramming people into their rooms. that means your possibly looking at a less than 10 dollar per night hotel, with a 2 dollar cab van going back and forth to the venue. Im probably going to talk to MVD about jumping in with them at some point this week.

and since Im driving anyway, im gonna save the ~15 bucks for the cab and just put that into gas.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I lost to Xyro at my first ever tournament. He is also a much better player than I am and losing to him doesn't really change the way I feel about the matchup. Samus has similar problems to ZSS, buts its soooooooo much worse. She can't cover her landing well against Sonic, she can't compete on the ground, she can't juggle him ( hell you can get hit on purpose by uair/fair and its not a big deal) and she can't punish him hard.

I'm quite curious about the Wario matchup though. Its almost like Sonic dittos, cept he can really bring the pain if you aren't careful.
samus is just downright bad

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh look i just happened to show up at this very moment

how bout that...

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983

I didn't give up on this yet. This is still a thing. This still happening. In fact that's the finished model. All it needs is a massive retexturing & it's good to go. The sunglasses will have to look like **** when you zoom in because Sonic's programming is ****. Can't do much more to his shades than that as it just causes ugly stretching.

But yeah, sexy jacket, new shoes (you can't tell from that angle), sunglasses. Just needs a couple hours in Photoshop to get the textures to match the model.

Top Bottom