• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It would be far worse. Instead of rare mass shootings, you would have many many small shootouts. Do you want a dozen Trayvon Martin stories every week before you realize not everyone is a hero?

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
That statement (somewhat) contradicted the previous one. You said it was too easy to get guns, so if someone's dedicated, they could get them. Saying that there would be much more shootings implies that many of the people who would can't get their hands on guns. i can understand maybe a few people not getting them, but there won't be that many.

Also, it somewhat makes sence that there would be more theoretically, but my Switzerland example is real life.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Ok so I started reading the first post and then just skipped it all cause I have heard all this before and just got irritated before. Personally it is the peoples fault for being too weak minded and allow a game to influenced them soooo much that they do something crazy. If it was actually the games fault, which in reality it is not. It is usually the parents fault or whatever trauma they suffered. But that is all I will say and I probably won't post much until this all is done lol. Not mad but not much to want to talk about this.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I've heard it all before too. :/ I'm just responding.

The one thing I HATE is how people talk about this after every shooting, recycling the exact same points. I've never actually been in any of these debates before, just formed an opinion.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Jman congrats.

Also I don't think anything should be done about gun laws. It's not like these shooters are walking down to Walmart to go buy an automatic weapon. They're getting these weapons illegally by theft or other means. Making it harder to purchase weapons wouldn't do a thing. I've never heard of one instance where someone had legally acquired a firearm and proceeded to open fire on innocents. Then again I'm fairly ignorant on these matters so, yeah. But seriously, making guns harder to purchase wouldn't do much. It really is mainly about mental health.

But about the violent video games junk, I'm gonna drop some knowledge I picked up from one semester of psychology classes that I slept through. When someone is alone with no friends or peers to communicate and share ideas with, there isn't anybody to help them keep their mind in check. Sorta the same if there's no authority figure. I think. If some kid was in his basement playing COD for weeks on weeks on weeks, then maybe real life gun play may become attractive to said kid. With nobody to keep him in check, maybe this kid might take his father's pistol and play with it for a day. If nobody is there to be like "hey, that's stupid don't do that" (or something along those lines) then maybe the kid may get some courage and keep going further an further with the gun. Reloading it, carrying it, firing it even. If this kid doesn't know any better and there isn't anyone telling him that what he's doing is dangerous, then what's stopping him? Absolutely nothing.

I mean honestly I don't completely agree with what I said but I feel it's completely possible in certain circumstances like if the kid is mentally ill (which you all know is generally the case with shooters) or simply feeble minded. I don't think a completely normal kid could snap like that. I guess it's possible but idk. Also, I think that people that are around the ages of like 17 and 22 are more at risk to develop schizophrenia due to increased stress. Things like college, jobs, love interests, moving away from parental figures, and the real world can take a heavy toll on a young mind. Especially if one's mind is unprepared/weak.

So yeah. I kinda just babbled there so sorry about that.

Tesh

Smash Hero

I think I've got my tournament lineup ready for next year.

January 19th- Smashcon in LA
Feb. ??th- Nikefest 4.5 San Antonio, TX
March- HOBO 39 (Xyro has returned to TOing) in Houston
April -Revolution 15 in Dallas, TX
May- Who's Tyler in Tyler, TX (not sure if ill go all the way to tyler for this by car)
June-Nikefest 5 in San Antonio, TX
July-revolution 16 in Dallas, TX
August-HOBO 40 LSC Championship (might be as big as WHOBO, west coast, Dabuz and M2K showed up last time) in Houston, TX

I expect Zero and Espy will be there for at least half of these too.

I'm also vaguely considering megabussing to Apex for like 80 dollars each way but it truly sounds like hell to take such a long bus ride. I'm leaning like 90% towards no...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If I had the vacation time/money I'd megabus it up too. But I cannot.

That, and so many co workers went on leave that we have minimum manning: im required to stay and be on call in case im needed

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think I can make those Texas tournaments. Now that I've graduated, I've got a load of free time on my hands.

No chance going to Apex though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If I had the vacation time/money I'd megabus it up too. But I cannot.

That, and so many co workers went on leave that we have minimum manning: im required to stay and be on call in case im needed

Huh? how do you already know you aren't available 3 months in advance?
I think I can make those Texas tournaments. Now that I've graduated, I've got a load of free time on my hands.

No chance going to Apex though.
cool glad to hear that

@ quest its almost definitely a no, i was toying with the idea because of those free megabus tickets, but im not sure id even want to go for free.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I was referencing Apex. And I can guesstimate 3 months out: I have unchanging checks and 2.5days per month vacaction due to military johns. Consistency is the best part of this gig :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jman, hit me up on fb when you get a chance.

Tesh, take the trip and meet up with mink and the FL crew on the way up so you can make it a party

True Blue

Smash Lord
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Have fun and be with your families! It is the best time!

Sadly I won't lol. But not gonna ruin my day, just gotta entertain myself until the day is over and people can have me over again lol. OH LOOK A 3DS! lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I got annihilated at one of my boss' houses. I lost my wallet for a few hrs, and was late to work. Luckily it was a "show up for accountability then get out of my face" type of deal, but still...

I would say I have a problem, but it was just all too fun :p
Edit: that, and when your boss says its christmas, cut loose, and he never wants to see your cup empty, then you listen...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Wallet pillfered by miscreants on the Orlando bus sytem, and having it fall out in the "death zone" of your car between the center console and seat, are 2 vastly different things TB.

Also, does anyone watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I just watched all 7 seasons on netflix in 4 days. I couldn't stop...

True Blue

Smash Lord
The ending result is that you lost your wallet. I don't see the difference. lol.
And yea I have seen a few random episodes here and there.

And no it is not my birthday. lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Difference was in July, that theft instance was outside of my control. Christmas night was my own doing and it was misplaced. Figured my car because I had to show the gate gaurds my ID to get onto the base proper. So... my car, or my DD accidentally kept my wallet.

The 2nd instance was entirley preventable.

But srsly: Always Sunny. Its pretty funny. Shoutouts to writing this on my first night in my new place ;)

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well I am narcissistic apparently so it always has to be about me lol.

And always sunny is pretty funny. Watched it here and there with a friend while doing art work stuff.

YO! So anyone going to Apex has to come by and buy stuff from my booth lol

Top Bottom