• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can't really tell if moves are stronger without seeing percents. Although we saw the dtilt-uptilt combo (meaning low percents or dtilt being a combo move) followed by a back air.

Sakurai said there will be no "stage hazards off" switch like PSAS.

The stage looks too big (look at the video of sonic spindashing through it) for competitive play anyway, but at least its not looking as boring as green hill zone for fun.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is a good day.

I literally jumped out of my seat and screamed in the middle of class everyone stared and I didn't care

Random note: Mario pivot grabs Megaman in the opening which is cool I guess

Also looks like both Down B and Side B stayed the same

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The bair looks totally avoidable. Luigi is in that tumble state animation. Hopefully the dtilt>utilt thing works past 0% lol. They really showcased utilt a lot in it so here's to hoping they buffed it.

BSP

Smash Legend
We still don't really know anything about hitstun, but the Utilt looked like it had less cooldown that Brawl's version...I think.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
We kinda do know a bit about it.

Mario gets hit, stays in hitstun for about 2 seconds, and then immediately goes into his falling pose for something.

Sonic has that long to keep a combo going.

BSP

Smash Legend
If I get hit like that in Brawl and don't press anything, it'll look like that too.

The question is whether or not you can cancel the hitstun after being hit.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Gotta say, really diggin' the new HD Sonic model. I like the update with the voice acting as well since Colors, just hoping he keeps the integrity of "You're too slow!"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't for me. Roger Craig Smith has made me nothing but happy since the change.

Also, sideB and downB both confirmed. I'm almost positive we'll still have shield cancels.

As a side note, how I felt when I saw the pictures and video today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKXex5yyKc

:applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
If I get hit like that in Brawl and don't press anything, it'll look like that too.

The question is whether or not you can cancel the hitstun after being hit.
If you look closely, you can see Mega Man using dair right before being hit by Sonic.

BTW, what did you guys think of this reveal trailer? I know Sonic's a vet now and doesn't really deserve something awesome but I just can't stop remembering how much more epic the Brawl reveal was compared to this...

It's been almost 6 years now. lol

I made a "comparison" video here. I even added a flash transition that I felt was lacking in the original one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBzD85AkAc

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guys, Sonic's gonna be so broken. I mean, Sonic's already got an insta-kill move on Megaman with his Up Throw, and he's just been revealed. All uphill from here.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I'll admit I didn't sonic coming back at all lol. I'm hyped!

also...Hi

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, sideB and downB both confirmed. I'm almost positive we'll still have shield cancels.

:applejack:

I'd be pretty furious if we didn't get the shield cancels now that both spindashes are confirmed. It'd just be... ugh. That's really the only reason to keep them.

Here's hoping spinshot makes it through.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The game's running on a modified Brawl engine. I'd be more surprised if most of Sonic's ATs didn't come back. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I like to think that the movesets aren't final until the game is released or Sakurai himself says so.

Hoping they'll incorporate side special into our down special (like, release for Spin Charge or keep holding B but let go of analog for Spin Dash) and give us something new for side special.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Considering how lazy they were transitioning from Melee to Brawl, I wouldn't hold my breath for big changes. The sad thing is, the engine change from Melee to Brawl pretty much automatically changed everyone so it was still fresh. This time I'm not so sure.

Also why the **** is there so much dust behind the character getting hit by spindash (which obviously didnt come close to killing) You can barely even see Sonic do Upair because of aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll that ****in dust.

I'm pretty disappointed in his moveset being the same, nothing even looks faster this time around. I suppose he would be the least deserving of an overhaul at this point, being only a 1 time vet.

it just makes me wonder how hard is it to make new moves for a professional team like this. IF they had to rebuild everyone from the ground up (pretty sure this isnt the case), why not make some improvements. And if they just ported all the veterans, what the heck are they working on all this time?

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't for me. Roger Craig Smith has made me nothing but happy since the change.

As a side note, how I felt when I saw the pictures and video today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKXex5yyKc

:sonic:

^ All of this.

Though I really really hope they keep all of our ATs in tact, I'd be a sad panda if they got rid of foxtroting/DDP and didn't give us a better turn around animation, or got rid of spinshot/spin cancels. Here's to hoping, overall I'm just super happy he's back.

BSP

Smash Legend
Another good thing: If Lucario gets sacked, which is likely IMO, that's one stupid MU down the drain.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Getting rid of foxtrot/DDP would involve getting rid of dashing altogether. Dashing is in Smash 4, so those two techs are just fine. The only applicable ATs I'm concerned about are spinshots and shield cancels.

@Tesh: And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I couldn't be happier that they decided to change practically nothing on him. It'll make the Brawl to 4 transition that much smoother. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
^That was my bright side as well. I'll definitely have an easier time making salty counterpicks when someone beats my megaman/villager/ridley:pimp: and I need someone I'm practiced at.

Can't wait to sit on the other side of the stage and charge spindash IN HD!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
As long as Sonic gets more buffs in the cool and cocky department I think we can all settle for the same moveset.

Dude with a 'tude.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I saw that like right when I woke up and was really excited but then I saw the teaser pic and got scared so I'll have to wait and see after there's more than just silhouettes. Torso the Echidna...

I want to have faith though... I really do...

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
A classmate of mine told me Sonic got revealed n stuff and I just watched the video. I can dig it. Some stuff does seem like it wouldn't actually work tho as some of you already mentioned. Still stoked

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Is it just me or does the third hit of the jab combo look like it has more range than usual? So much so that initially I thought it was a new forward tilt.

Top Bottom